Film Ben Affleck to step down as Batman. Nick Jonas to take over?

el3mel

Credit to Affleck. He was the best thing in the DC cinematic universe and even if not gonna agree, for me who was far better Batman than Bale who looked so underpowered as Batman.

padzilla

Hipster
Credit to Affleck. He was the best thing in the DC cinematic universe and even if not gonna agree, for me who was far better Batman than Bale who looked so underpowered as Batman.
It's Bale for me - he had a menacing presence that suggested he was just one bad decision from becoming a villain himself - Affleck looked great in the role but he didn't bring an aura like Bale did or Keaton for that matter.

SSSSnake

Are you for real? I can't tell if you are really trolling....Bale came from a direction that was more realistic and you are comparing that to a universe of bad CGI and beefed up batman costumes.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Ben Affleck was the shittest batman in the history of cinema. How anyone can mention him in the same breath as Bale.. Jesus.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Idris Elba and having a black actor would breath new life into the meaning of ‘Dark Knight’

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Clearly some of y'all are trolling :rolleyes:

It's Batman, Bale was standard, as was Affleck, Keaton probably edges it, but that's not saying much...

Sylar

Affleck made a good Batman but Bale was so much better as Bruce wayne. Clooney is the worst.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I'm of the opposite opinion on this. The way I see it, Batman is the quintessential less is more superhero with regard to stereotypical powers — his real powers, aside from external gadgets, are derived from his martial art skills, detective abilities and the frightening persona he manages to cultivate over time — a superhero who's intriguing and very much rooted in the mundane real world — somewhat analogous to Rorschach in Watchmen where there's the potential of him tiptoeing the line between in terms of morality and struggling to limit his darker impulses. Nolan and Bale did a really good job of nailing that enigmatic, somewhat difficult and crestfallen character, IMO — especially in the Dark Knight where the Joker tried to manipulate and push Bruce/Batman (and well as his moral convictions) to the brink. Kinda why I'd love to see the obsessive-compulsive Riddler in the proposed iteration — probably the most misused and misunderstood Batmanverse antagonist in movie adaptations, and someone who can match Bruce in a battle of wits. Dunno if you heard of Death Note, but the compelling, cerebral joust between the Kira and L is how I'm envisioning Batman vs. Riddler.

el3mel

Are you for real? I can't tell if you are really trolling....Bale came from a direction that was more realistic and you are comparing that to a universe of bad CGI and beefed up batman costumes.
The Nolan movies were great but that wasn't the real Batman. Anyone who read the comics know that wasn't the real Batman. The Affleck's Batman was the nearest to the comics I have ever seen in the cinema.

Batman is meant to be overpowered above all his enemies not the opposite. Bale was a good Bruce Wayne, but not the Batman we knew from the comics.

You can hate on the new movies all you want but that doesn't discredit the job Affleck did. He was the best thing in these movies, even the awful ones.

starman

I suppose it depends on how it’ll fit in to the DCU. You can’t exactly insert a 25 yr old in to it, both those guys seem and act a lot younger than Affleck. Gyllenhaal being 8 years younger than Affleck where as Fassbender is only 4 but like I said they come across as much younger. Affleck was just so wooden and always the wrong choice if they intended to build a franchise.

I get that was sort of the Batman they wanted but that decision screwed everything up right from the start. I also can’t really think of any decent people under 30 that would be a good Batman. Just hoping it’s not someone crap like Jamie Dorran or Armie Hammer.
I have not but I’ve heard it’s quite good. I have seen him in the Lone Ranger, Man from Uncle, Reaper and other films and based off of those he falls in to the category of crap.
So crap hes already been hand picked to play Batman before, by George Miller back in 2006....

How can you call him crap when you have not even seen his most notable performances in Call me by your name and The Social Network. Its like someone calling Jake Gyllenhaal or Michael Fassbender crap based off their stellar performances in The Prince of Persia and Assassin Creed...

Andersons Dietician

So crap hes already been hand picked to play Batman before, by George Miller back in 2006....

How can you call him crap when you have not even seen his most notable performances in Call me by your name and The Social Network. Its like someone calling Jake Gyllenhaal or Michael Fassbender crap based off their stellar performances in The Prince of Persia and Assassin Creed...
Did I say that I haven’t seen The Social Network? Because I have and I caught some of Call be by your name yesterday. So umm yeah there is that, I haven’t finished all of Call me by your name but as of right now my opinion is he’s not very good I really just don’t think he’d be a good Batman or Bruce Wayne.

Rumour going around is the replacement has already been cast and its god damn Robert Pattinson.

Oh and Josh Hartnett turned down the part in Nolan’s Batman so really the fact that Armie was chosen doesn’t mean anything to me.

Oldyella

Did I say that I haven’t seen The Social Network? Because I have and I caught some of Call be by your name yesterday. So umm yeah there is that, I haven’t finished all of Call me by your name but as of right now my opinion is he’s not very good I really just don’t think he’d be a good Batman or Bruce Wayne.

Rumour going around is the replacement has already been cast and its god damn Robert Pattinson.

Oh and Josh Hartnett turned down the part in Nolan’s Batman so really the fact that Armie was chosen doesn’t mean anything to me.
I think Pattinson could be an inspired choice.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Before Begins, Nolan was a weird pick for an action film director and Bale wasn't a household name but someone in charge said "feck it, it's a dead franchise anyway". I feel like they fecked up every time they've tried to dream team, summer blockbuster. Nolan succeeded because he thought about it for more than 10 minutes and what would be cool, make a good movie first, the franchises will sort themselves out.

I don't think you need to go back the well with Nolan and Bale, although I'd buy a ticket for that right now without watching a trailer or caring what the plot is.

I maintain they should get weird with it, multiverse the feck out of it, do separate stories in separate universes then Justice League a team up Crisis on Infinite Earth style if it works, if it doesn't just give up for a while.
I think the whole DC Universe is fecked. There has been one decent film so far. And surprise, surprise, it's had the least to do with the other characters.

If they were to do it over, I'm sure they would have done exactly what Marvel did.

1) Super Man film, already made.
2) Batman film.
3) Flash film.
4) Wonder Woman film.
5) Super Man 2 film.
6) Justice League
7) Suicide squad film
8) Batman 2 film.
9) Aquaman film.
10) Women Woman 2 film.
11) Justice League 2 film.

They rushed it. They screwed it up before it started.

rcoobc

Shame he never got to play in a Batman film

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Is this all eventually leading to some kind of batmans vs spidermans film?

Kaos

What a shit time to be alive. First we have Disney and EA violently desecrating Star Wars and now we have Nick feckin Jonas as the Batman.

Sylar

I think the whole DC Universe is fecked. There has been one decent film so far. And surprise, surprise, it's had the least to do with the other characters.

If they were to do it over, I'm sure they would have done exactly what Marvel did.

1) Super Man film, already made.
2) Batman film.
3) Flash film.
4) Wonder Woman film.
5) Super Man 2 film.
6) Justice League
7) Suicide squad film
8) Batman 2 film.
9) Aquaman film.
10) Women Woman 2 film.
11) Justice League 2 film.

They rushed it. They screwed it up before it started.
They wanted to get to Marvels level without putting in the work. To have a teamup movie as their second movie was insane. They didnt build the world up at all.

It seemed like Snyder was more interested in filming scenes that would be badass for a trailer.

InfiniteBoredom

They wanted to get to Marvels level without putting in the work. To have a teamup movie as their second movie was insane. They didnt build the world up at all.

It seemed like Snyder was more interested in filming scenes that would be badass for a trailer.
Zack ‘Batman I make can be raped’ Snyder is an edgelord, that’s why his films failed.

The guy has literally zero idea about how to tell a story. All he is interested in is creating cool visuals with edgy characters. The one film he didn’t suck was basically a scene by scene replay of comic panels and he still managed to jam in a goat-man playing lutes into it.

Sylar

Not only that @InfiniteBoredom - man pretty much doesnt get Superman either. Didnt he admit to that or similar?

The DCCU kinda makes me angry. I mean how do you manage to fck up something so easy to do, when first of all, you have a blue print given to you by Marvel, and secondly, you have boatloads of shit to copy from in terms of comics. As silly as Arrowverse can be at times, their cross over events have been fantastic fun.

MoS I thought started of fantastic, until it just got crazy when Supermans earth dad told him to just let people die, then goes off and runs into a twister for no apparent reason, and then Superman actually kills somebody and cries out like Darth Vader in ep3 (after having no issue fighting another being and destroying shit loads of buildings and people within)
But I thought they could correct that with BvS but that became about 3 different movies squashed into one which was a big farce (although still had one enjoyable WW intro). Its been such a shitshow and annoying cos the first real 'live' JL really should have been 10 times better than the first Avengers.

To be fair that's most (all?) of his films.
I liked 300 :nervous:

lsd

The Oracle
Who cares who plays Batman anyway ? It's all about Shazam now

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
I liked 300 :nervous:
I mean it's just the epitome of style over substance, however there's nothing wrong with liking it. Sometimes you just need to shut off your brain and watch half naked men get close to each other.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Idris Elba and having a black actor would breath new life into the meaning of ‘Dark Knight’
This would be good.
Ben Affleck was Batman?
That's how I feel too.
To be fair that's most (all?) of his films.
I feel the director's cut of Watchmen is a good film and a pretty successful take on what seemed like impossible to adapt material. Given the rest of his stuff is mostly drivel (God the awfulness that was Sucker Punch...), seems like it was more an accident than anything else.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
A friend of mine sent me a photo of Robert Pattinson as Batman. It was fake, or more "fan art" I believe.

Imagine that, a sparkle-in-the-light, vampire, Batman. Badass. :nervous:

But yeah, I'd take him over Jonas tbf. He'd need to bulk up a lot though.

Robert Pattinson is good actor. He was brilliant in Cosmopolis,though granted the film itself wasn't one of Cronenberg's best efforts, and especially good in Good Time ,possibly my favourite film of 2017.

Andersons Dietician

Sylar

Brolin should be in a Duke Nukem movie (though I heard it may be John Cena).

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

We did talk about this before and again I can only agree. I still believe the DC has incredible material for good movies but they have fecked it up

rcoobc

300 was a great movie.

As was Watchman (a really underrated movie, with a plot that Snyder didn't screw up)

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ben Affleck was the shittest batman in the history of cinema. How anyone can mention him in the same breath as Bale.. Jesus.
This.

Fatfleck was an embarrassment.

There was literally nothing going on with the character, it was Ben Affleck in a shit batman costume and thats all you ever thought it was.

“Oh look, Ben Affleck in a shit batman costume pretending to fight crap superman”.

Reddy Rederson

Zack ‘Batman I make can be raped’ Snyder is an edgelord, that’s why his films failed.

The guy has literally zero idea about how to tell a story. All he is interested in is creating cool visuals with edgy characters. The one film he didn’t suck was basically a scene by scene replay of comic panels and he still managed to jam in a goat-man playing lutes into it.
Thats pretty fair. He certainly can put on a show, but tell a story and he just falls apart. In saying that I have like 300, dawn of the dead and watchman.