g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Benjamin Mendy

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
can people stop mentioning this as great news. just keep it to yourself ffs
Yeah that's pretty bad form.

My reaction is "heck that's a bad one, and that will definitely weaken them", but without glorying in it!

Triple.Threat

Get well soon man and i hope he makes a full recovery. Rivals or not i hate to see players getting these serious injuries.

Deleted member 101472

What is this :lol:
My wording was off but the point I was getting at is they would have likely known the extent of the injury pretty soon after it happened, at at very least formed a fairly logical hypothesis based on seeing the same indicators on previous ACL tears.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
I'd say that's still good news for Utd.

He was poor there against Everton I think.
Hopefully it won't be Sane. Delph did a very good job there the other night against a decent Shakhtar side, and while I don't think he could perform to that level every game, I'd sooner stick him there than Sane.

Last edited:

settembrini

People like you say that, but how are we in comparison!?

On the right, we have a converted winger as first choice right back, who even a guy like Mourinho who doesn't like rotation to much is already having to leave out here and there to stop him burning out.

On the left, we have a young "wonderkid" left back who has has completely gone off the grid for 2 years for all manner of reasons.
We have another concerted winger.
A utility player
An average guy in Darmian who can just about cross the half way line every so often.

Who has the better full backs?! Is it really much different if they have to play Delph or Sane there every so often?
City's first choice full backs are better than ours. I have said plenty of times on this forum that our left back situation is a mess and we should have sorted it out in the summer.

However we have depth and they do not. With Mendy out they look very weak in the position. Danilo is a big downgrade and they were also relying on him to cover for Walker. They have no other serious options or they would have used them last season when it was obvious that Clichy and Kolarov weren't up to it.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Fernandinho will play there a few times no doubt, with Gundogan in the middle. Danilo the most likely to cover. Delph every now and then perhaps, but him stepping up over a lot of games would be a surprise.

Sane LWB for 60% of home games might be OK too. Let's see what he does against Chelsea and that'll give us an idea what he sees as the best solution.

RC89

Knee ligament damage isn't it? Those injuries rarely allow players to come back at the same level.

salford_

Knee ligament damage isn't it? Those injuries rarely allow players to come back at the same level.
Correct. It weakens the area to the point where, as a consultant once told a friend of mine, "it becomes weak as a biscuit" (or words to that effect) as in it'll just continue to happen if too much strain is put on it .

Ie. playing football

salford_

double post, but im wondering if Bluemoon have come up with a conspiracy that the injury was pre planned by some voodoo doll... which was created by the FA because they dont want City to stay top.

Thats the usual tripe they come out with

salford_

It's really not blatantly obvious at all. Pretty obvious to me in fact that it's the players tweeting. We'll move on.
There is literally no shadow of a doubt that Batshuayi runs his account, as does Mendy. Not a chance it is a PR team, at all

salford_

Did read earlier that Mendy has only once in his career played more than 30 games in a season, that true? Thats a shit record if true

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's really not blatantly obvious at all. Pretty obvious to me in fact that it's the players tweeting. We'll move on.
Michy Batshuayi barely speaks English. Mendy has a respectable grasp, but neither has the amount where they’re so proficient to be so precise on English Twitter vernacular. I mean, it’s routine for a PR account to control accounts, I don’t know why you’re so outraged. Mendy’s and Batushayi’s tweets are near identical in style. Both played for OM and are great friends, I think it’s very obvious they are ran by the same PR Team.

arthurka

I don't like City but Mendy is just fantastic. I feel for him, he is a really likeable fecker..

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There is literally no shadow of a doubt that Batshuayi runs his account, as does Mendy. Not a chance it is a PR team, at all
0:25ish
I mean, you can believe what you want, but I’m almost certain it’s PR ran. It’s so obviously done the way it panders to internet memes and twitter vernacular so accurately.

salford_

I mean, you can believe what you want, but I’m almost certain it’s PR ran. It’s so obviously done the way it panders to internet memes and twitter vernacular so accurately.
agree to disagree. No way its PR

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Did read earlier that Mendy has only once in his career played more than 30 games in a season, that true? Thats a shit record if true
He's played at least 30 in every season of his professional career.

Speaking a language is different to understanding it and being able to write it, to be fair. I mean, his account may be PR run, but it's hardly like they've brought Shakespeare back from the dead to run his account, he just posts memes and some banter. It's not that far-fetched to believe Batshuayi/Mendy tweet the stuff themselves. Also I just remembered Mendy's tweet when the Brighton player scored an own goal, I doubt any paid PR person would have done something like that.

Juanuzayne

To everyone feeling bad that he's out for the year, have a word with yourselves. Would you rather feel bad for our primary title rivals' players being out for an extended period, or would you rather be happy that it gets us that much closer to winning the league. Let's not kid ourselves. We don't feel bad he's down.

ReallyUSA

To everyone feeling bad that he's out for the year, have a word with yourselves. Would you rather feel bad for our primary title rivals' players being out for an extended period, or would you rather be happy that it gets us that much closer to winning the league. Let's not kid ourselves. We don't feel bad he's down.
Some people still realize it's just a game at the end of the day. No one wants to see someone hurt to the extent they can't work for a year. Especially someone who knows how to have fun like Mendy.

SteveW

Finally some honesty instead of all this "look how nice a person I am" nonsense.

He has an injury. He's not dying. He's going to be paid 100k a week to sit on his arse for a few months. And it gives us a better chance of winning the league.

SteveW

Some people still realize it's just a game at the end of the day. No one wants to see someone hurt to the extent they can't work for a year. Especially someone who knows how to have fun like Mendy.
He's still going to be paid and he will still be able to tweet and have fun. The only thing he won't be able to do is play for our main title rival.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I watch Football for competition. I would enjoy a title win a lot more if we beat them out their best. And I love Football as a sport I would much rather see talented Footballers like Mendy, Gundogan, Aguero, etc play than to not play.

Robertd0803

Couldnt care less as I dont like him. Just because people think he is funny on twitter doesnt change the fact that it benefits us if City have injuries. He still gets paid an obscene amount of money so not like hes going to be homeless or starving while injured. Injuries are a part of football unfortunatley and we have our fair share as well like every club.

(On the other hand Aguero's car crash related injuries arent something to really cheer about considering its a car crash and not a regular injury).

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Maybe I am not a "Top Red" but I hope I never get to the point when I am happy about injuries to the opposition. It is completely cowardly. You guys are so afraid of big bad City you do not think we stand a chance against them at full strength?

SteveW

Maybe I am not a "Top Red" but I hope I never get to the point when I am happy about injuries to the opposition. It is completely cowardly. You guys are so afraid of big bad City you do not think we stand a chance against them at full strength?
Yes we should all pray none of our rivals get any injuries all season so that they can maintain top form all season while we struggle with our usual injury crisies. Anything else is just cowardly.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Yes we should all pray none of our rivals get any injuries all season so that they can maintain top form all season while we struggle with our usual injury crisies. Anything else is just cowardly.
This. Injuries are part of football and I honestly don’t care about the wellbeing or careers of any rival players.

salford_

He's played at least 30 in every season of his professional career.

Speaking a language is different to understanding it and being able to write it, to be fair. I mean, his account may be PR run, but it's hardly like they've brought Shakespeare back from the dead to run his account, he just posts memes and some banter. It's not that far-fetched to believe Batshuayi/Mendy tweet the stuff themselves. Also I just remembered Mendy's tweet when the Brighton player scored an own goal, I doubt any paid PR person would have done something like that.
whats the issue with Aguero? Thats a huge blow with chelsea tomorrow

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think they will find adequate solutions to cover until next season so it's not as grim as you make out but sucks for player, club & Pep no doubt. Mendy always seemed the only obvious fullback Pep had to, for certain, sign this summer. Now injured and out for a significant window of time, he goes the way of Ilkay last season. Tough break

It's an area they needed to upgrade over Danilo anyway and Martin was targeted earlier in the summer which makes coming back to him in January seem a strong possibility. I think their biggest concern in terms of depth will be when, and it's a certainty it will come to pass, Kun goes cold
Is Danilo so hopeless that after spending heavy money on him two months later they have to replace him already?