Benjamin Mendy

OneUnited24

Don’t think it’s going to be a ‘couple’ of months. Unfortunate for him and City but good news for the rest.
Sorry but something like this is never good news. I dont care who you support, this is a 23 YO kid whos made it big and suffered a big set back.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Tbf English isn't his first language and here lies the problem. Perhaps he should have asked before wading in.
He quite clearly doesn't run his account. It's ran by the same PR team as Batshuayi's.

Moonred

Sorry but something like this is never good news. I dont care who you support, this is a 23 YO kid whos made it big and suffered a big set back.
Good news because he is a cracking player who is going to be missed. It’s obvious why I said it and thus the unfortunate bit in the beginning.

settembrini

Big blow for City that. Arguably the most important player in their squad due to the lack of quality cover in his position.

Decision by Guardiola to go into the season with just the three senior full backs looking extremely stupid atm.

VanGaalEra

That’s a big blow for City. What’s ACL rupture normally, depending on severity anywhere between 5-9 months?

Atheist

Will we get to see the supposed greatness of the City academy unleashed? We've been told for a while that their academy is among the best in the business.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Big blow for City that. Arguably the most important player in their squad due to the lack of quality cover in his position.

Decision by Guardiola to go into the season with just the three senior full backs looking extremely stupid atm.
I think they will find adequate solutions to cover until next season so it's not as grim as you make out but sucks for player, club & Pep no doubt. Mendy always seemed the only obvious fullback Pep had to, for certain, sign this summer. Now injured and out for a significant window of time, he goes the way of Ilkay last season. Tough break

It's an area they needed to upgrade over Danilo anyway and Martin was targeted earlier in the summer which makes coming back to him in January seem a strong possibility. I think their biggest concern in terms of depth will be when, and it's a certainty it will come to pass, Kun goes cold

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
I think they will find adequate solutions to cover until next season so it's not as grim as you make out but sucks for player, club & Pep no doubt. Mendy always seemed the only obvious fullback Pep had to, for certain, sign this summer. Now injured and out for a significant window of time, he goes the way of Ilkay last season. Tough break

It's an area they needed to upgrade over Danilo anyway and Martin was targeted earlier in the summer which makes coming back to him in January seem a strong possibility. I think their biggest concern in terms of depth will be when, and it's a certainty it will come to pass, Kun goes cold
As you say Pep is charged with finding solutions to problems that arise. Some from within the squad (he namechecked 4 players who can substitute in at LB) and some from outside.
He's trying to give Sterling time at support striker to cover the possibility of Aguero or Jesus getting injured or losing form.

Deleted member 101472

can people stop mentioning this as great news. just keep it to yourself ffs

Mister_Stubbs

I want to say good, it’ll mean less of those stupid tweets and videos etc you see retweeted all over Twitter but in truth it probably means more of them on the way :rolleyes:

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Wish him a speed recovery! Get on well mate!
Cheers. Appreciate your sporting spirit.

The really annoying thing about this injury is that it was a ridiculously unnecessary challenge.
I've only seen it once and was about 50 metres away but he was trying to atone for an error and mistimed a recovering tackle and put his body on the line to do it.
There was no immediate danger and he should have trusted his colleagues to clear up the mess rather than gamble.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
As you say Pep is charged with finding solutions to problems that arise. Some from within the squad (he namechecked 4 players who can substitute in at LB) and some from outside.
He's trying to give Sterling time at support striker to cover the possibility of Aguero or Jesus getting injured or losing form.
I heard him say the same thing so yeah I don't think they will be hurt in terms of cover but like with Gundogan Pep loses a significant amount of time with a key piece to his puzzle. And anyway you slice it, it's lost time to gel and gain the rhythm that could be special but we'll see

TheReligion

Abusive
injuries get determined pretty quickly. Was playing tennis last night with the mrs and a few of her friends and one went down injured and she knew it was her achilles. two hours later hospital confirmed an 80% tear. City know the extent of the injury, for sure.
What is this :lol:

ChaddyP

I want to say good, it’ll mean less of those stupid tweets and videos etc you see retweeted all over Twitter but in truth it probably means more of them on the way :rolleyes:
feck sake , y'all are a nice Christian bunch aren't yah. :eek: Happy a 23 year old fecked his ACL so he can potentially tweet less :lol:

We need an rvn

Someone getting injured is never a good news. Football is a game.
He said great news for United. There was nothing personal in it but having a competitor lose one of their best defenders is good for other teams. I'm sure most people, myself included, wouldn't wish injuries on any player and wish them a speedy recovery but there was nothing malicious in the comment.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

People like you say that, but how are we in comparison!?

On the right, we have a converted winger as first choice right back, who even a guy like Mourinho who doesn't like rotation to much is already having to leave out here and there to stop him burning out.

On the left, we have a young "wonderkid" left back who has has completely gone off the grid for 2 years for all manner of reasons.
We have another concerted winger.
A utility player
An average guy in Darmian who can just about cross the half way line every so often.

Who has the better full backs?! Is it really much different if they have to play Delph or Sane there every so often?