Benni McCarthy joins United

F-A-C-T-S

You'll be shocked how easy it is to coach a guy like Ronaldo.

Although managing him is an entirely different issue.

SAF is the GOAT

Ten Hag in his after match interview just now said his role will be working with our attackers and fullbacks to add more dynamism to our game.

Trex

We're definetly not as bad as you make it out to be. Just a few years back we knocked Egypt out of the AFCON in their home country, and Nigeria nicked a late winning goal in the dying minutes in our Quarter Final clash. A few months after that, all of a sudden SAFA appoints a new coach, who wanted to introduce his own style of play, with new players. The results are horrendous, he gets fired. They hire another one, who brings in new players again to fit his own "philosophy". Now rinse and repeat this scenario since after the 2010 World Cup. Everytime we get better our Federation messes us up.

As for Banyana, they have always had bad luck in the WAFCON, how many times have they reached the final only to come out losers. They have had like 6 or 7 final losses now until they finally won. Luck was FINALLY on our side too this time. We have always been top 3 African Country in the women's game. Nigeria dominating us in football is nothing new. We've accepted that. It's a "voodoo" they cursed us with:D.

Lastly Benni being here at United, coaching at this level, can only help us get better as a Country at some point in the Future. Im sure he will get loads of knowledge from ETH, and the man himself Alex Ferguson. So its a positive for us in every way imaginable.
South Africa are behind the West African and North African nations in men's football its no voodoo its just what it is.

MrSingh2002

He better be a better coach than he was a player.

He was as average as average strikers come.

Foxbatt

It looks like he took a coaching session for the u23 with ETH watching and he liked what he saw.

Glorio

He looks a bit heavy for an active training ground coach, but as long as he can do his job, I'm happy.

SAF is the GOAT

Benni really needs to teach Marcus other ways to strike the ball when he shoots. I can't see it that he always tries to nutmeg the ball.

And after today's miss against the scum - Elanga needs extra training

And now Kaka

How is your post is remotely relevant to this thread ? Kaka probably came for his football certificates

Last edited:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Have we seen any changes or impact of benni's coaching?
after the third goal went in there was a strange hush that came over old trafford and with the tv turned right up i swear i could hear the words “benni mccarthy” floating in the breeze.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
after the third goal went in there was a strange hush that came over old trafford and with the tv turned right up i swear i could hear the words “benni mccarthy” floating in the breeze.
It's just NASA trying to mindcontrol you by hacking your TV.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
It's just NASA trying to mindcontrol you by hacking your TV.
shows how much they’ve fallen behind china in the space race. they know the only striker who plied their trade in the portuguese league in the early 2000s that i respond to is nuno gomes.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Rashford can head the ball now? :eek:

Something to do with this bloke, perhaps?

I posted this after Rashford's header on Thursday, but with the one in this game as well it's becoming obvious he's so much better with his heading technique than he used to be. Barely ever saw him even fully commit to many headers before very recently, let alone generate the sheer power he's capable of now.

Got to be something we might have to credit Benni for!

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Creativity helps as well, without Eriksen we don't get chances like Dalot's header, Rashford's 2 headers recently. I also like the types of passes Casemiro is putting in the inside channels.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I posted this after Rashford's header on Thursday, but with the one in this game as well it's becoming obvious he's so much better with his heading technique than he used to be. Barely ever saw him even fully commit to many headers before very recently, let alone generate the sheer power he's capable of now.

I remember the headed goal he scored against us in the CL, so similar to Rashford’s technique today & earlier in the week.

Trequarista10

Nothing to do with Eriksen or creativity, evidently Rashfords heading has improved. Twelve months ago he would have meekly jump towards the ball with his eyes closed.

OmarUnited4ever

Rashford does have a decent pace and leap in him, good runs in behind, he is of course no Ronaldo level or Berhoff level header of the ball but with coaching and practice he should be able to improve and add it to his repertoire the ability to head the ball from open play crosses

OmarUnited4ever

Nothing to do with Eriksen or creativity, evidently Rashfords heading has improved. Twelve months ago he would have meekly jump towards the ball with his eyes closed.
Remember the chance he missed against Newcastle in the last minutes, quality crosses will come to him from our creators but he isnt consistent in getting them on target, the hope here is that he improves his heading ability

Skills

Snitch
A lot of it is just confidence to really attack the ball. That's what Rashford did on the weekend

Jeffchin

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
After Rashford's goal. Check out how VDG shouting Benni and ETH acknowledging it

Grande

After Rashford's goal. Check out how VDG shouting Benni and ETH acknowledging it

No doubt. I think it’s very encouraging. Rashford was maybe the worst header of the ball in our team. He must have trained on this for years, with the positions he’s been playing. Certainly Solskjær had him do extra hours of heading practice. Suddenly he has two headers in two games with strikingly good heading technique. He deserves credit for having worked on it so hard, and Shaw and Eriksen deserves credit for delivering the balls, but someone must have helped him cracking a code in training, and Benni is a natural suspect.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Bennis header against us all those years ago finally paying dividends :lol:

MDFC Manager

Looks like these guys love the core coaching aspect of the game. No wonder we're seeing players improve their skills.

VojjE

As much as the heading technique has improved, the biggest difference is in where we are crossing from. Eriksen's and Dalot's crosses from the half space are a lot more dangerous than crossing from the wing. Crossing from the half space allows you to use the power of the travelling ball a lot more efficiently with a lot less effort then when you cross from the wing. From the wing you have to control the direction and apply force with more demand on your neck muscles. Benni for sure knows where he would want the ball to come from in a system like this.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Lentwood

Looks like these guys love the core coaching aspect of the game. No wonder we're seeing players improve their skills.
Yeah I get that impression too. They just love being out on the coaching pitch, drilling the team and coaching the individuals to be better.

I think this is what is required in the modern game. If you look at Klopp, Pep, Arteta and ETH, you'd say they're all strong coaches and tacticians

Lentwood

As much as the heading technique has improved, the biggest difference is in where we are crossing from. Eriksen's and Dalot's crosses from the half space are a lot more dangerous than crossing from the wing. Crossing from the half space allows you to use the power of the travelling ball a lot more efficiently with a lot less effort then when you cross from the wing. From the wing you have to control the direction and apply force with more demand on your neck muscles. Benni for sure knows where he would want the ball to come from in a system like this.
You still have to want to attack it and head it though, and begin your run in the right manner. I have watched virtually every game Rashford has ever played professionally and I don't think I have ever seen him score a header like that or even come close.