Berbatov | Fulham player

Hans Moleman

If we're trying to emulate Barcelona more, in both increasing the speed of our one-touch passing and in pressing higher and quicker, Berbatov is the antithesis of those changes. As much as I love the guy's swaggering style, it feels much like the end of Ruud: he just doesn't fit in anymore. Younger, hungrier, faster, more energetic players are superseding him. It's not his fault, it's not Fergie's fault, it's just evolution.

He still has plenty to offer on the right occasions, those occasions are just fewer and farther between.

Just this guy's opinion, but he'll be gone in January or next summer.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Apart from the 1st half of last season he never really did fit in.

Ruud left because he fell out with Fergie but their 2 respective Utd stints are nothing like eachother

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Rooney & Welbeck is the way forward.

Bring Hernandez on if we need a goal.

I'm always right

Ruud left because he fell out with Fergie but their 2 respective Utd stints are nothing like eachother
The end of Ruud's time here was an odd one though, we'd actually become a team that played better without him, the pace of our attack with Saha and Rooney was superb. Ruud ended up at the 3rd best option for us, which was bizarre considering how just how good he was before that. Anyway, I think that's what Stanley was getting at.

I'm always right

Rooney & Welbeck is the way forward.

Bring Hernandez on if we need a goal.
I don't think Welbeck has been anywhere near as good as some have made out this season, he's still a young boy learning and it often shows, against Sunderland for example he was as poor as I've seen him.

Hernandez has shown much more in his time at the club, I'm sure Welbeck's day will come but Hernandez is ready now, and partnered with Rooney he is superb.

Ixion

He can't be a flop after last season, but he'll probably be remembered like Sheringham who had that one great season and the odd (huge) contribution throughout his others.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
The fact he is our record transfer will mean he will not go down as well remembered as Sheringham.

And his odd huge contribution was unbelievably huge to be fair

Brophs

The One and Only
Personally I'd like to see him get more games because I think Welbeck is still quite raw and Hernandez's build up play is still a work in progress. That said, he hasn't forced himself into the reckoning which he'll have to do if he wants to stay.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Ferguson's made his mind up over Berbatov I think, he would have sold him in the summer if Berbatov would've left. This is his last season, assuming he doesn't go in January.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I'd prefer to play Berba instead of a Chico-Welbz front partnership anyways. They are too static and not the best at holding the ball up currently. In saying that Berba's touch got us into trouble towards the end of the Sunderland game.

Once Rooney is uptop, then Berba is behind Chico and Welbeck. If rooney is in midfield, Berba should play a part. Think it is his last season to be fair, just doenst suit the way we want to play.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Hernandez still struggling to find his best form is one reason, surely?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
We need a genuine playmaker to get the very best out of Berba, Javier etc etc.

Commadus

It must hurt his pride that he has been relegated to starter in the League Cup and dropped from the CL Final.

Winners never quit and quitters never win. Harsh as it may sound that even though there maybe a case that he has been treated harshly by SAF in the end its Berbatov who has to pick himself up and force his way into the team from excelling in training to giving his all and more when he is playing.

Anderson8

We need a genuine playmaker to get the very best out of Berba, Javier etc etc.
This is undoubtedly true. For all the debate about whether we have a problem in central midfield, you only need to picture in your head what would happen if we had somebody in the ilk of Mata, Silva etc. supplying for Hernandez to know that we could get so much more out of him. Rooney's a great partner for him, but somebody a bit deeper as well who would actually have the awareness to not only see Hernandez's fantastic runs but to find the passes would be sensational.

SteveJ

Scout
I think Berba's a wonderfully skilled player, and I still hope he truly makes his mark with United; but I can't understand why it is that, whenever United are struggling in a match, Caf members post stuff like: 'Bring Berbatov on - we need his magic'. This is not far from nonsense, considering the talents of the players who've replaced him in the team; none of them are as gifted as Dimitar, and yet their impact/contribution is virtually always more telling than his.

Brophs

The One and Only
West Ham is probably the only competitive game he's done it in.

SteveJ

Scout
I'm beginning to think that the transfer window of Summer '12 could be very interesting. I wouldn't be that surprised if Sir Alex shocked us all, along the lines of the time he sold Hughes, Ince & Kanchelskis.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Not really, if Berbatov and even the likes of Carrick and sadly perhaps Anderson get moved on I dont think anyone will be overly surprsied.

SteveJ

Scout
Ah, I'm thinking of bigger surprises than those transfers, Mr F. :)

SteveJ

Scout
Maybe...I'm thinking Evra & Rio too.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
A penalty in Moscow and a penalty in the Carling Cup final is all he's contributed in five years.
He was outstanding in his debut season and looked excellent again at the beginning of this year. Just gone through another dip recently

Commadus

His record is taking a hammering.

For United he's becoming a 1 in 3 man. 138 appearances and 48 goals.

This season its 10 apps 1 goal.

Hernandez is 13 apps 4 goals.

Neither are having great starts to their season.

Brophs

The One and Only
A penalty in Moscow and a penalty in the Carling Cup final is all he's contributed in five years.
I don't know whether you're being serious but it's not nearly so black and white as that. He's contributed lots, just not what people expect of him. We've had a lot of big victories that he's been a massive part of.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He was outstanding in his debut season and looked excellent again at the beginning of this year. Just gone through another dip recently
Calm down, he looked promising. No doubt he's talented but I can't help feeling we've tried to turn him into a player he's not. Anyway wrong thread, sorry all.

Berbatov, he's a flop.