• Ronaldinho

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Pele

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • It really doesn't matter as long as it goes in

Votes: 13 31.7%

• Total voters

Nanook

Rooney's overhead kick is so overrated, deflected cross and it came off his shin. I'd say Berbatov's vs Liverpool was better.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
(Horizontal speed*Distance from the goal*Distance off of the ground)/Time to react

Very difficult to pick a winner

Diablodave

Rooney's overhead kick is so overrated, deflected cross and it came off his shin. I'd say Berbatov's vs Liverpool was better.
:rolleyes:

Really? Berbatovs vs Liverpool was more a backwards falling volley had nothing on Rooneys vs City.
Add to the fact, the opposition, the fact they were challenging for the title. The time of the goal, the pace on the "deflected cross" and the fact he had the belief to try it. I remember shouting "feck sake Rooney wise up!" as i saw him going for it.

For me, one of the greatest we will see.

As the thread is about consistency in technique...Dwight Yorke for me seemed to have a knack at them. Huntelaar and Ibrahimovic are a dab hand too

Walters_19_MuFc

Really? Berbatovs vs Liverpool was more a backwards falling volley had nothing on Rooneys vs City.
Add to the fact, the opposition, the fact they were challenging for the title. The time of the goal, the pace on the "deflected cross" and the fact he had the belief to try it. I remember shouting "feck sake Rooney wise up!" as i saw him going for it.

As the thread is about consistency in technique...Dwight Yorke for me seemed to have a knack at them. Huntelaar and Ibrahimovic are a dab hand too
You've got to understand that it hurts some people to give Rooney praise.

Diablodave

You've got to understand that it hurts some people to give Rooney praise.
I'll give anyone credit where its due but if theres pace on a ball and you can time it to perfection and stick it in the top corner vs world class opposition in a pressure cooker of a game then you deserve a lot more credit than a deflected cross and a shin deflection!!! :lol:

Nanook

I suppose Berbatov's wasn't an overhead kick as such so you can't really compare it to Rooney's but for me it was a better goal. It was further out, his first touch to control on his knee and then right in the top corner, such an underrated goal in my opinion.

Walters_19_MuFc

I'll give anyone credit where its due but if theres pace on a ball and you can time it to perfection and stick it in the top corner vs world class opposition in a pressure cooker of a game then you deserve a lot more credit than a deflected cross and a shin deflection!!! :lol:
We still talking about Berbatov's goal vs Liverpool?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
No mention of Rivaldo? For shame.

Diablodave

I suppose Berbatov's wasn't an overhead kick as such so you can't really compare it to Rooney's but for me it was a better goal. It was further out, his first touch to control on his knee and then right in the top corner, such an underrated goal in my opinion.
It was a good finish and i did go bonkers when it went in. I think its because his foot was planted as he connected which takes it out of that category.

We still talking about Berbatov's goal vs Liverpool?
In that particular instance i was talking about Rooney.

Baxter

Diego Costa scored a brilliant one too.

Mexes' was pretty good for a centre-back

Falcao did this in a friendly

Last edited:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

City were not title challengers at the time.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Its all about the overhead clearance for me. The official logo for the 'society of I don't give a feck' is an overhead clearance.

Sam

That Rooney overhead kick was ridiculous tbf. I remember at the time just being absolutely speechless, as if I couldn't believe what I'd just witnessed.

In terms of technique though, I've always loved a bit of Henry, such elegance.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Mark Hughes almost always used his feet when the ball was crossed into him.