Television Better Call Saul | Includes Breaking Bad Spoilers

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Good episode but it doesn’t feel like there’s only 2 episodes left.

Loved seeing Walt and Jesse though
I think it's leading to a definite end and not a happy one. There's only one person who can rescue him now.

Bobade

Good episode but I can't say I enjoyed the Breaking Bad flashbacks too much. Didnt really think they added much colour, unless I missed something. I expected Jesse to look ridiculously older., but why did Jonathan Banks look about ten years older than the last episodes he was in ?

youngrell

Good episode but I can't say I enjoyed the Breaking Bad flashbacks too much. Didnt really think they added much colour, unless I missed something. I expected Jesse to look ridiculously older., but why did Jonathan Banks look about ten years older than the last episodes he was in ?
What I took from it, was that Saul was more responsible for giving Walt a leg up than we originally knew. Mike told him to leave it there but he pressed on anyway and basically dug his own grave by pursuing Walt – which was even visualised in the transition from shallow grave to Gene in his bed. The parallels are that he's doing it again by ignoring other's advice to leave it there while he enters the cancer guy's house at the end.

Banks looked exactly the same to me.

Jev

Yeah, I agree. Was always sceptical about the cameos because I thought the flashback scene in El Camino was cringe. I know Mike, for example, looks much older in BCS than in BB, but it's easier to overlook because he can still wear the same clothes, carry himself in the same way and have the same attitude. But when a now 42-year-old Aaron Paul pretends to be a moronic, stoned high school dropout with a beanie, it just becomes harder, for me at least, to suspend disbelief.

Due to this, I always hoped that the decision to bring Walt and Jesse back would feel like a creative one, rather than someone saying: 'Hey, shouldn't we make up one final scene for Jesse and Walt now that we have the chance?' And unfortunately that scene, to me, felt like the latter.

Overall, I haven't been that thrilled with these last two episodes after what was a fantasic run leading up to it. The recasting of the taxi driver has been very jarring. Not only do the two actors not look alike at all, the new one plays him like a completely different man, a downbeat loser rather than the menacing figure he was earlier. A little hard for me to understand why he wasn't directed differently.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I actually thought Paul looked fine, save for the very first time you see him. He looked a lot rounder in El Camino… and was lit dark enough to not be distracting.

I agree that it felt a bit underwhelming, but that isn’t a bad thing. Id rather they use it like they did, as a parallel to something actually happening in BCS than as some kind of huge important thing in the last 3 eps…. there was a slight element of “filling in the blanks” about it though (the fact the name Lalo was used randomly in BB, for example) so I can see why people might think it seemed a little forced

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I’m struggling to watch through these last episodes. I see what they’re going for but it all seems a bit too self-indulgent on the behalf of the writers.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
I’m struggling to watch through these last episodes. I see what they’re going for but it all seems a bit too self-indulgent on the behalf of the writers.
What would you prefer to be happening?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
What would you prefer to be happening?
Nothing at all. Or maybe just something in color?

It will probably be one of those things I appreciate much more in retrospect after all is said and done, but for now it’s just ‘meh’.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
For someone who works schemes with such careful planning and patience, Jimmy's impulse control completely fails him when there is a clear and obvious need to walk away from something. At the end of the day he is as much an addict as any extremely smart person in the BB/BCS universe, like Walter and his ego, Gus and his hubris etc.

The Firestarter

For someone who works schemes with such careful planning and patience, Jimmy's impulse control completely fails him when there is a clear and obvious need to walk away from something. At the end of the day he is as much an addict as any extremely smart person in the BB/BCS universe, like Walter and his ego, Gus and his hubris etc.
I think the tale is simple, once a hustler
always a hustler and something similar to what
Chuck said early on in S1 I think.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think the tale is simple, once a hustler
always a hustler and something similar to what
Chuck said early on in S1 I think.
He had some moral compass though, like in the sandpiper case, he made himself the villain to save the poor lady from being ostracized in her retirement community after pushing her to accept a settlement.

Like everything Walter White touched, even Jimmy went from a sweet small time hustler to straight up robbing a cancer patient in his home. I think that’s the progression of his arc.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I thought Jesse didn't look the same, it's like Paul did botox to his face and his voice.

Also the dialogue between him and Walt in the RV was nowhere near convincing. Not to mention that it was highly uncreative few minutes for such a great show, knowing Vince Gilligan I totally expected something else, or at least better than explaining why RV won't start and starring and discussing that lab glass. It was literally few minutes everyone was waiting for 6 seasons, so that felt disappointing.

Weak episode for me, after brilliant season.

Last edited:

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Some things to add:

So Kim is basically done and dusted, she's gone to live her life and that's it. I'd say that's completely fine with me.

Size of that RV inside was hilarious, it's like a living room ffs :lol: . Shame that they didn't use the same RV. So many attention to details throughout the entire two shows but the failed at some simple things.

Swedish_Plumber

Some things to add:

So Kim is basically done and dusted, she's gone to live her life and that's it. I'd say that's completely fine with me.

Size of that RV inside was hilarious, it's like a living room ffs :lol: . Shame that they didn't use the same RV. So many attention to details throughout the entire two shows but the failed at some simple things.
With regards to the spoiler, I’m not even sure that was them on the phone.

dbs235

I've no idea what I want to be happening instead, but it's definitely not this.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I must admit, after getting excited from the flash-forward intro, the main scene with Walt and Jesse didn’t really work for me.

It wasn’t the way Aaron Paul looks either, I didn’t think that was too bad, the dialogue just didn’t really work between them, it seemed forced and unnatural and didn’t flow.

Also the RV was wrong.

Otherwise it was mostly still a good episode, but the way they’ve structured the closing of the show is very strange, it feels like we peaked 2-3 episodes ago.

Swedish_Plumber

@Rado_N rossi'd my opinion. How dare you?

I am not sure I understand?
I’m not sure if it’s the end of that character. Seen a lot of people saying that confirms the end but I think it might have been who it was on the phone.

Also I’m not certain how I do a spoiler or else if be speaking in far less vague terms :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I’m not sure if it’s the end of that character. Seen a lot of people saying that confirms the end but I think it might have been who it was on the phone.

Also I’m not certain how I do a spoiler or else if be speaking in far less vague terms :lol:
Either the 3 dot menu button above the text box or replace “quote” for “spoiler” within tags:

[ spoiler ] text [ / spoiler ]

Without spaces

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons

Oh. I don't know, we'll see, but I think this is pretty much it.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
There's been good stuff in the last season but overall I've found the show disappointing overall.

To me it just seems like they fell in love with "Jimmy McGill the not-so-bad-guy" that they dragged their heels when it came to turning him into Saul Goodman, so much that in the end it didn't even really happen.

And while it's an inevitable pitfall of a prequel, the ages are really distracting. Odenkirk looks very old, he's supposed to be playing a 40-year old.

The Firestarter

There's been good stuff in the last season but overall I've found the show disappointing overall.

To me it just seems like they fell in love with "Jimmy McGill the not-so-bad-guy" that they dragged their heels when it came to turning him into Saul Goodman, so much that in the end it didn't even really happen.

And while it's an inevitable pitfall of a prequel, the ages are really distracting. Odenkirk looks very old, he's supposed to be playing a 40-year old.
I think you're in a tiny minority. But each to their own.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I’m trying to hold off judgment until it’s actually finished as these writers have proven that they will create something special but im not particularly impressed so far. Some good moments I guess but I sensed that it was all leading to something spectacular. My own fault for expecting a breaking bad style final season, when nothing will ever top that.

The Firestarter

I’m trying to hold off judgment until it’s actually finished as these writers have proven that they will create something special but im not particularly impressed so far. Some good moments I guess but I sensed that it was all leading to something spectacular. My own fault for expecting a breaking bad style final season, when nothing will ever top that.
It's hard to do that in a prequel. That's why they went for slow burner that really builds affection for the characters, the brilliance is in the details not the overall story. I think it's obvious since S1 what kind of show this was going to be. That said, I think there's plenty of time for fireworks in the last two eps.

MoskvaRed

After the drama of the final episodes in the Jimmy and Kim timeline, the Nebraska episodes are feeling a bit flat. I guess there is a symmetry to the early “Slipping Jimmy” scenes in another snowy small town but I expected more.
Not entirely convinced in terms of character motivation by his (presumably fateful) decision to break into the house at the end

wr8_utd

:'(
I think the entire season has been great but the last episode or two have been a bit disappointing to be honest.