Television Better Call Saul | Includes Breaking Bad Spoilers

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
So how long did we just fast forward in the blink of an eye at the end there? 4 years?

Decent episode but slow churn after the last one and Kim’s story seems like they suddenly realised they only have 3 episodes left and needed to get to a position where she wasn’t in the picture
Somebody on Reddit worked out that 8 months had passed between Kim leaving and the final scene. Also there are four episodes left.

DeGea’sFeet

Regarding Kim, it's worth remembering that a season or two back, she got the vet's contact book and the details of the vacuum cleaner repair/new identity guy
Think there still needs to be an explanation as to how Saul figures out what that card really means. Might still play into future episodes.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Very much enjoyed that episode. Some light entertainment after a few heavy hitting episodes. But now I'm even more confused about what else the last three episodes could entail...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So when does this get good? I stopped after what felt like a whole season of a man wrapped in tin foil.

Jev

So when does this get good? I stopped after what felt like a whole season of a man wrapped in tin foil.
If you watch six or seven episodes without getting invested, then it's probably not for you. Season 1 is arguably the weakest season but it doesn't change all that much in terms of style and pace.

Zebs

I started enjoying it a whole lot more when I stopped watching it with preconceived notions of what I wanted it to be and just watched it for what it is.

It's utterly brilliant and, in my opinion, a better show than Breaking Bad.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I started enjoying it a whole lot more when I stopped watching it with preconceived notions of what I wanted it to be and just watched it for what it is.

It's utterly brilliant and, in my opinion, a better show than Breaking Bad.
Might give it a go again at some point.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Very much enjoyed that episode. Some light entertainment after a few heavy hitting episodes. But now I'm even more confused about what else the last three episodes could entail...
Yeah innit, ive never been 3 episodes from the end of a show before without even an inkling of what it is about :lol:

Zebs

Seeing some interesting theories around the fact that after six series of degradation, the video (which Gene is watching in episode one) that is the opening credits finally broke during this episode, the tenth episode, the episode that would usually be the end of the series. The Better Call Saul universe has been wrapped up, as has the Gene universe in a way. People are speculating that the next three episodes will all be set during the Breaking Bad timeline and will therefore use the Breaking Bad intro.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Seeing some interesting theories around the fact that after six series of degradation, the video (which Gene is watching in episode one) that is the opening credits finally broke during this episode, the tenth episode, the episode that would usually be the end of the series. The Better Call Saul universe has been wrapped up, as has the Gene universe in a way. People are speculating that the next three episodes will all be set during the Breaking Bad timeline and will therefore use the Breaking Bad intro.
That would be pretty wild.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
And also it would be pretty annoying if we never saw Kim again, I don’t feel like her story got a suitable ending.

Zebs

And also it would be pretty annoying if we never saw Kim again, I don’t feel like her story got a suitable ending.
Yeah I'm not sure I'd be happy with that lack of closure either. Definitely think Kim will come back into it because of that phone call Saul mentions to his secretary in one of the flash forwards in an earlier season. Can't see who else it would be.

Zen

Not gonna lie I like the above theory, in fact I think that'd be some bonkers change up.... but I also agree with above issue too.

saivet

I didn't even realise there was a new season. I haven't loved the series to be honest, but enjoyed season 5, so will give this a watch.

Season 6 good?

Jev

I didn't even realise there was a new season. I haven't loved the series to be honest, but enjoyed season 5, so will give this a watch.

Season 6 good?
Yes and no. On the lawyer side it starts off very slow with a storyline I struggled to get into, whereas the cartel stuff gets off to a great start. Overall I found myself slightly underwhelmed after seven episodes or so. But then it has picked up and been outstanding for the last four episodes.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I've never had a Cinnabon and now I really want to try one and I can't because they don't operate here :mad:

Zen

fecking hell no wonder the Yanks are a little on the heavy side.
Walmarts blow my mind. I fill a suitcase full of shit from them...... then sell it all on ebay, pays off a fair chunk of any trip. You can get like 2 litre can of Red Bull for like $1, sugar tax? you havin' a laugh.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Thanks for sharing.

I saw somewhere Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul did some scenes for the show, so this makes a lot of sense. IIRC Cranston said there was a scene with just him, one with Jesse where Walter wasn't in and one together?
I reckon we'll get a spin off.
Sad but true.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Thanks for sharing.
I saw somewhere Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul did some scenes for the show, so this makes a lot of sense. IIRC Cranston said there was a scene with just him, one with Jesse where Walter wasn't in and one together?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't think we get the explanation how he's fallen so low that he has to organise such a risky and cheap robbery? He could still bring lot of money with him when he was running away to a new identity, or at least enough that he doesn't have to risk making that kind of robbery.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I don't think we get the explanation how he's fallen so low that he has to organise such a risky and cheap robbery? He could still bring lot of money with him when he was running away to a new identity, or at least enough that he doesn't have to risk making that kind of robbery.
He explained it at the end, “mutually assured destruction”, the guy knows who he is so he needed leverage to ensure he kept his mouth shut.

Andy_Cole

Haha so did I. I picked it up and binged the whole thing over a few weeks and it’s great. Some shows should be binged, this being one of them. Week by week would probably fees slow.

DeGea’sFeet

Was hilarious when the guy slipped & then Saul had to stop the guard looking at the camera.

It’s expected that they will return to Alberquerque time line because a few scenes have been shot with Walt & Jesse

But It could be possible the last 3 episode are all about Gene. If you think about it the story with Kim is done, she’s left him, nothing really needs explaining about Mike or Gus or Even Saul as that’s all explained in BB. What we need to close is Saul/Gene in Nebraska. Does getting involved in any scam ever lead to nothing, do people who have gotten a taste ever stick to their “we’re done” when there’s someone they need to help them get more.

hobbers

Pretty rubbish episode from the writers. Once the tapes are erased and the goods sold on there will be no physical evidence of any robbery. Not mutually assured destruction at all.

The dude is obviously too dumb to realise that, but still they should have been able to think of something better. Especially if they're going to devote an entire episode to it. Shades of the machine gun in the trunk.

DeGea’sFeet

Pretty rubbish episode from the writers. Once the tapes are erased and the goods sold on there will be no physical evidence of any robbery. Not mutually assured destruction at all.

The dude is obviously too dumb to realise that, but still they should have been able to think of something better. Especially if they're going to devote an entire episode to it. Shades of the machine gun in the trunk.
They’re probably going to get in trouble trying to sell it… Gene ain’t heard the last of that heist or those two.

Woodzy

I feel like this is all building to a post Breaking Bad series tbh. There was the fake out at the end with the Saul attire but most likely it’ll be because Kim returns and has got herself in a bit of a pickle, maybe during the Breaking Bad timeline which will be revealed soon?