Other Bill Burr

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Yeah I agree - it wasn't as good as his others.

The anti-SJW stuff went on a bit, and wasn't really that funny.

But that was good about the actor playing a paraplegic.

Suv666

Another comic who has been doing the PC gone mad routine for the past 5 years.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's lazy - lazy thinking (generally), employed for cheap laughs.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's the Alex Jones routine: rant about the government comng to take your stuff away...then sell your listeners more stuff.

Sweet Square

It's the Alex Jones routine: rant about the government comng to take your stuff away...then sell your listeners more stuff.
Yep. Burr does the whole - Why are we getting angry and wasting time over this pointless ''PC stuff''(Oddly enough he never listens to his own advice)and yet I've heard Burr go into complete meltdown when a politician puts forward the idea of rising the marginal tax rate for multi millionaires.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The thing with the anti-PC stuff is that countless hack comedians on the comedy circuit do the same/similar anti-PC material. Which in itself is fine given that comedians often play off the same topics as each other, even if one might hope that those acclaimed as being the greatest comedians on the planet would be a bit more original.

The real problem comes when you have comedians like Chappelle and Burr adopting the same anti-PC POV and material as said hacks while also acting as if this is some radical POV that could hinder their careers, rather than seeing them sell out arenas and become multi-millionaires along with their equally wealthy middle-aged comedian friends who share the same POV. The rather smug and out of touch notion that they're doing something daring lends to the impression that they're past their best, which isn't a good thing when the actual quality of your material is giving the same impression.

Ultimately it also runs the risk of dating their schtick badly. One wonders how long comedians of this vintage will be able to make the same jokes about pronouns as each other before it starts to sound like the comedy equivalent of dad-rock to younger audiences.

Chapelle's recent stuff is a bigger offender than Burr's, mind.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The thing with the anti-PC stuff is that countless hack comedians on the comedy circuit do the same/similar anti-PC material. Which in itself is fine given that comedians often play off the same topics as each other, even if one might hope that those acclaimed as being the greatest comedians on the planet would be a bit more original.

The real problem comes when you have comedians like Chappelle and Burr adopting the same anti-PC POV and material as said hacks while also acting as if this is some radical POV that could hinder their careers, rather than seeing them sell out arenas and become multi-millionaires along with their equally wealthy middle-aged comedian friends who share the same POV. The rather smug and out of touch notion that they're doing something daring lends to the impression that they're past their best, which isn't a good thing when the actual quality of your material is giving the same impression.

Ultimately it also runs the risk of dating their schtick badly. One wonders how long comedians of this vintage will be able to make the same jokes about pronouns as each other before it starts to sound like the comedy equivalent of dad-rock to younger audiences.

It's definitely been taken as far as it can go. I thought after watching the latest Ricky Gervais special that it was just being done badly, but even now a master like Bill Burr is starting to sound like he's just covering old ground.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

This, on every single point.

cyberman

I kind of left Bill podcast alone a few years ago when he went on a #metoo crusade which seemed off until he said his agent was implicated but he'd still have him around for dinner, feck you all. Right or wrong I thought people like Bill was the reason why these dickheads got away with it for so long, it's ok I know him and who hasn't got their dick out in front of a stranger or used their position to threaten careers with sexual favours. I was fondled once at a show and didn't feel powerless so suck it up buttercup.
Every podcast was the same fecking rant. So i watch his Netflix special and liked it, so I'll try Ol billy bitch tits cast again and he had an interview with Jim Gaffigan. I say interview but Jim couldn't get a word in for the entire show amid Bill's rants against cancel culture.
Apparently you can't be held accountable for your actions anymore and feck you if you think a career should be effected by your own morals and judgement.
I really like his sense of humour too but he's gone off the deep end. He just seems outdated.

KanieKaned

I can't choose between this one and "I'm sorry you feel that way". Both so, so good.

Agreed about the feminism stuff, I think he dragged it out a bit too long, it meandered along a bit needlessly at times. It seemed to lack the focus it had in the special you mention. After a while I just found myself thinking "ok, we get it."
Both are hilarious, right off the bat he's just ripping it up in his typical style. Now I gotta watch both to get my dose of BB :lol: Thanks lads.

Dante

Average bang

I've been a fan of his for years, but this is the first time I've ever seen this clip. It's one of the most impressive comedy sets I've ever seen.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Seen / heard a couple clips of him and his overuse of the word "feck" or "feckin" is cringey. Just throws it in when there is no need. That's all I know about him.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Ah this bump made me think he had something new out. Then I remembered coronavirus.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
i dont think thats intentional, its more or less a Boston accent
Boston sounds like somewhere I never want to visit then :lol: now you mention it, I am sure I've heard others with that same type of accent throwing f bombs about like there is no tomorrow.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Whenever I read his name I mentally add Baggins to the end of it in a Yorkshire accent.

Steven7290

Boston sounds like somewhere I never want to visit then :lol: now you mention it, I am sure I've heard others with that same type of accent throwing f bombs about like there is no tomorrow.
Yeah we sort of do that but it's a bit like Phil Jones, we know it's there but most of the time forget about its existence. Otherwise it's a beautiful place unlike itself decades ago, you should give it a try.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Top 5 dead or alive. He’s an exceptional comedian.

Properly good human being too.

Mike Smalling

Anyone who hasn't seen his sarcastic take-down of Joe Rogan's macho covid bullshit should do it immediately - instant classic!

UnrelatedPsuedo

58:30 - Realising he has to fess up to not having not watched something he’s just been praising for the last few minutes.

Absolute honesty in that expression.

Mike Smalling

That was the last time I ever listened to Joe Rogan. I was already aware that he was painfully unfunny and a bit thick, but that was the first time I realised he was an utter moron.
Having Alex Jones on after Sandy Hook did it for me. There's no excuse for that.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Why is nobody talking about his new special? Cant believe I’m first. It’s probably his second best, and his best in over a decade.

Amarsdd

Why is nobody talking about his new special? Cant believe I’m first. It’s probably his second best, and his best in over a decade.
Is he ranting about cancel culture and how comedian's don't have a voice and what not which seems to prevalent in standup specials these days? If not, I'll definitely give this a go. His earlier specials are some of my favorites.