Borussia Dortmund 17/18 | Sky Germany: Lucien Favre to be next manager

ctp

Do you believe he will be sacked?
I think he will get this week to turn it around. Doesn't get much harder than Spurs midweek and the derby against Schalke next weekend to do it though :lol:

NoLogo

Serious question, is Bosz the most promissing Dutch coach around?
I don't really know, not that well informed when it comes to Dutch football but for the sake of them I hope he is not.

I just think it's stunning that Dortmund always manages to find managers who are incapable to change their system and adept to fast teams that always hurt them on the counter. People always bash Mou for his boring style but I have never seen any of his team consistently being this naive about defending.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I think he will get this week to turn it around. Doesn't get much harder than Spurs midweek and the derby against Schalke next weekend to do it though :lol:
Getting the picture, he will not last more than 1 week :lol:
I just think it's stunning that Dortmund always manages to find managers who are incapable to change their system and adept to fast teams that always hurt them on the counter.
Tbf to Klopp or Tuchel they were exposed at Bundesliga level but they always were competitive at Champions League level, Bosz is just making them reach a new shit level, they couldn't beat Apoel in 2 matches.

RooneyLegend

For a time it really looked this season as if they had improved defensively but this is just like the height of shitty high line defending, not even under Klopp's worst period with them it was as disastrous as it is now, they look like conceding with every opposition attack.
What i don't get about their defensive line is that regardless of what's happening elsewhere on the pitch, they seem to always be stuck on the half way line, surely the understand basic rules of defending ala if there's no pressure on the ball, drop back. I remember the Madrid match, although they were applying good pressure you just knew they were going to be beat cause the defensive line was doing things that weren't in accordance with the game.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Bosz should have been sacked before the Bayern game. Leaving him in charge during the international break is fecking criminal.

RooneyLegend

I don't really know, not that well informed when it comes to Dutch football but for the sake of them I hope he is not.

I just think it's stunning that Dortmund always manages to find managers who are incapable to change their system and adept to fast teams that always hurt them on the counter. People always bash Mou for his boring style but I have never seen any of his team consistently being this naive about defending.
I think given that Wagner is coaching a poor side that has to play on the back-foot quite a bit he'd be a good option for them. He's had to learn how to organise a deep defence which the likes of Klopp or Tuchel haven't a scooby doo how to do.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Absolutely. They looked really good in their first 5 or 6 games apart from the CL, where you could already see the disaster coming.
Well, they didn’t face anybody good in their first wins and lost against every good team. Their opening schedule was very easy and the results therefore flattering/deceiving.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why? Today he made no mistake. That was all Bartra's doing. You can't blame the kerper for that.
The 1-0 happens because he first stays on his line instead of sweeping up the ball - then, after Bartra gets it for him, he suddenly rushes out for no reason instead of keeping his distance, hence he can't control the pass which Bartra played into his feet - which of course was a mistake by him, but one which was created by Bürki.

Generally speaking he's a good keeper, but it's becoming more and more clear that he has a problem with pressure.

Last edited:

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Where are our BVB posters at? Something something superior modern footballing tactics and counterpressing something something? Gone missing, what a surprise.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Pulisic probably looking for a way out, they can have Mkhi back as partial payment :drool:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The 1-0 happens because he first stays on his line instead of sweeping up the ball - then, after Bartra gets it for him, he suddenly rushes out for no reason instead of keeping his distance, hence he can't control the pass which Bartra played into his feet - which of course was a mistake by him, but one which was created by Bürki.

Generally speaking he's a good keeper, but it's becoming more and more clear that he has a problem with pressure.
I saw the keeper already well off his line and coming out yet Bartra still played it to him, and at fairly decent pace. Both screwed up but the defender could have played elsewhere as he had control.

Burki was all over the place those first few minutes.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
The first goal is 80% Bürki's fault. He comes running at Bartra, who is clearly about to pass back to him, like a complete moron and bungles the touch. He's cost BVB so many points already, at some point you have to say maybe getting paid millions to be a top team GK is not quite his thing. A top team can't afford such a clown.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Beyond doubt they should have a much better keeper than Burki if they want to do anything in europe. Again last season in the Monaco second leg he just parries the ball back into the box first five minutes and Monaco score.

Watch them bid 30m for Mingolet.....:lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
1 point in the last 5 Bundesliga games. They had lead of 5 points after first 7 games and now after 14 games they might do 9 points behind Bayern.

RooneyLegend

Seems just like Klopp, as a club Dortmund don't signing center halves all that seriously.

prath92

You mean the club which is supposedly the shining light on how to be run as a club isnt actually run all that well? Shocker.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I've watched them now against Bayern and Stuttgart and they're a long way from the team that had their best ever start to a Bundesliga season. Bosz has two games coming that he dare not lose - Spurs in the Champions League and Schalke for obvious enough reasons. Saw them against Spurs at Wembley about two months ago wasn't overly impressed.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Who are the likely managerial candidates if they did can the Bosz?

Klinsmann in with a shout? :)
Klinsmanns reputation as a manager is quite low in Germany since his Bayern stint, so not really.

NoLogo

I've watched them now against Bayern and Stuttgart and they're a long way from the team that had their best ever start to a Bundesliga season. Bosz has two games coming that he dare not lose - Spurs in the Champions League and Schalke for obvious enough reasons. Saw them against Spurs at Wembley about two months ago wasn't overly impressed.
If no miracle happens he will lose both games.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
So, Arsenal are about to poach Sven Mislintat from BVB. Kicker and Bild reported something was in the works a few days ago, SportBild and DerWesten now claim it is done respectively almost done. (The Mirror claiming Zorc is moving is surely a case of mistaken identity worth of a 7 year old kid, not a paid reporter)

Mislintat had been chief scout for many years and has in recent years climbed to a sort of Technical Director position at BVB.
He's one of the main reasons for all the unbelievable transfer scoops BVB managed over the years.
He's also surely a main reason why Tuchel was fired from BVB, with Tuchel and Mislintat completely falling out last year.
He's basically a cult figure at BVB.

Bayern tried to poach him without success in summer, other clubs tried too.
This should be a major coup for Arsenal, and a severe blow for BVB. Another leak in the hull of an already sinking ship? Would be interesting to hear from our resident BVB fans, @Sphaero etc. , if they weren't in hiding already.

Another question is how much change better scouting will mean for Arsenal's end product, what with Wenger still pulling all strings. By all accounts, Arsenal current chief scout was supposed to be great too.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Mislintat had been chief scout for many years and has in recent years climbed to a sort of Technical Director position at BVB.
He's one of the main reasons for all the unbelievable transfer scoops BVB managed over the years.
While I agree that he has a good track record, I would not use superlatives. For every Lewandowski there is an Emre Mor or Sebastian Rode. Pulisic and Weigl are/will be great, but you didn‘t need super powers to identify Reus or Dembele for example.

herbert

So how long has Boez got left?
I think he should try to get some job outside of managing football teams as he surely has no clue about how to get teams playing to their potential. Tuchel was a sociopath and the BVB board had its reasons to fire him, but at least he was good at managing a team. Bosz is completely overwhelmed by the job at his hand.
With the chief scout leaving the club right now the future of BVB isn't looking too rosy at all at the moment.

Reactions: Varun

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just can't get over how bad their defence is. This is a major european club we're talking about, not some second division team.

Pulis or Big Sam would probably improve things, that's how bad it's getting. :nono:

Being serious, their next manager needs to be a bit more pragmatic. Get a proper defensive structure in place e.g. don't park your back 4 on the halfway line, have proper defensive midfielders and then bank that the likes of Pulisic, Reus (if he can stay fit for 5 minutes) and obviously PEA can win games with individual brilliance.

A little like Zidane did when he first took over at Real Madrid. Made them more solid and then of course Ronaldo wins the game.

Blackwidow

Just can't get over how bad their defence is. This is a major european club we're talking about, not some second division team.

Pulis or Big Sam would probably improve things, that's how bad it's getting. :nono:

Being serious, their next manager needs to be a bit more pragmatic. Get a proper defensive structure in place e.g. don't park your back 4 on the halfway line, have proper defensive midfielders and then bank that the likes of Pulisic, Reus (if he can stay fit for 5 minutes) and obviously PEA can win games with individual brilliance.

A little like Zidane did when he first took over at Real Madrid. Made them more solid and then of course Ronaldo wins the game.
I do not really think it is defense, system or coach - even if nothing of this is really ideal. It is the whole structure of this team. It is nice to have young and promising offensive players, but the most important is to have a relieable backbone in the team, leaders that aren't that just by name but by nature. And as good as a player like Aubameyang is - he is a bad apple with his attitude and lack of discipline.

If you play such tactics you need to have a combination of commited workhorses and young and hungry talents. Not players with a "status"... There spine or established players are players that in the past have been hyped talents at Dortmund that came back when they could not make it elsewhere and haven't really gotten back to the form they have showed then.