Bouhafsi: Martial wants to leave United

Status
Not open for further replies.

acnumber9

Its amusing how deeply some of you have bought into the warrior mentality bollocks used by Jose to shit on players.
Or from watching successful United teams for over twenty years being successful with that same mentality.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
All this 'not prepared to buckle down' nonsense - He's stuck it out for two years with a manager who has never really believed in him, has disrespected him by stripping him of his shirt number without even asking, who last year was looking to replace him with fecking ivan perisic and after signing RW Alexis Sanchez, chose to play Sanchez on the left wing ahead of him while the right wing continues to be fecking awful.

After two years, I think it's a fair assumption for Martial that Mourinho's perception of him as a squad player in the longterm is not going to change and that other managers elsewhere will not think the same. He will be watching the world cup at home this summer and he is probably right in thinking that he'd be part of it with a different manager the past two years.

And of course he is leaving. Martial's camp let it be known months ago through Bouhafsi. Mourinho has done little to try and change his mind since. This is just confirming their stance.
It's great when fans of other clubs come in and tell the truth. As a United fan who'd hate to see him leave the club, it's crystal clear that he'll never fulfil his potential under Mourinho, and it's easy to understand why he wants to leave at this point. It's absolutely and utterly obvious that this is another case of a young player full of potential who'll come back to haunt Mourinho at a later point.

Kostov

I was a little disappointed in Lukaku going, less so for De Bruyne and didn't give a single shit about Salah.

There's people in this thread who seen genuinely angry, as if it was De Gea looking to leave.
You need to keep in mind that you had quality players starting and fighting for places in the same time. Hazard, Oscar and Willian were better players than Salah and KDB at the time. As was Costa. We on the other side have Alexis who looks a shadow of his former self, Rashford who is s striker, Lingard and Mata. You would have been upset in the same position.

cyberman

You need to keep in mind that you had quality players starting and fighting for places in the same time. Hazard, Oscar and Willian were better players than Salah and KDB at the time. As was Costa. We on the other side have Alexis who looks a shadow of his former self, Rashford who is s striker, Lingard and Mata. You would have been upset in the same position.
Sanchez has player better than Martial has since he joined though.
Anthony has never put him under pressure, you can't criticise Sanchez only to give Martial a free pass.
If anything, it's Rashford who should feel suubbed, even that's a stretch.

Varun

Staff
Or from watching successful United teams for over twenty years being successful with that same mentality.
Mentality, desire, hunger etc are convenient words fans use to support their existing opinions about a player. You or me know square root of feckall about Martial's mentality. On top of it, we have a manager who loves to take a dump on individual players using these things so fans who want to, lap it up harder.

Look across town at the runaway league winners for instance. Leroy Sane and Raheem Sterling, Martial's counterparts. Hardly fecking Spartans, are they?

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
All this 'not prepared to buckle down' nonsense - He's stuck it out for two years with a manager who has never really believed in him, has disrespected him by stripping him of his shirt number without even asking, who last year was looking to replace him with fecking ivan perisic and after signing RW Alexis Sanchez, chose to play Sanchez on the left wing ahead of him while the right wing continues to be fecking awful.

After two years, I think it's a fair assumption for Martial that Mourinho's perception of him as a squad player in the longterm is not going to change and that other managers elsewhere will not think the same. He will be watching the world cup at home this summer and he is probably right in thinking that he'd be part of it with a different manager the past two years.

And of course he is leaving. Martial's camp let it be known months ago through Bouhafsi. Mourinho has done little to try and change his mind since. This is just confirming their stance.
Great post, completely agree.

Kostov

Sanchez has player better than Martial has since he joined though.
Anthony has never put him under pressure, you can't criticise Sanchez only to give Martial a free pass.
If anything, it's Rashford who should feel suubbed, even that's a stretch.
Has he? He's been rubbish, and it the same standard was applied he should have been benched. Better in what? Throwing his arms in the air, whenever his lobbed passes didn't work out? It should have been the other way round, Sanchez putting pressure on Martial, not our best winger being benched and putting pressure on the new big money signing who deserved feck all. Rashford should be lucky he got any game time at all, the way he performed when given a chance, with that pathetic selfish play against Brighton.

acnumber9

Mentality, desire, hunger etc are convenient words fans use to support their existing opinions about a player. You or me know square root of feckall about Martial's mentality. On top of it, we have a manager who loves to take a dump on individual players using these things so fans who want to, lap it up harder.

Look across town at the runaway league winners for instance. Leroy Sane and Raheem Sterling, Martial's counterparts. Hardly fecking Spartans, are they?
I think you’re deliberately misinterpreting what a warrior is. Sane and Sterling work their balls off in attacking areas which is Martial’s biggest issue. That can be assessed by simply using your eyes.

As for the other stuff there is a man who does see all the other things on a day to day basis. He’s the one not picking him? Has he just singled him out for no reason?

Kostov

It's funny how an opposition fan gives one of the most reasonable assessments on here.

redIndianDevil

I find the Martial comparison with Sanchez absolutely ridiculous. Just because Sanchez has been way below his best lately? They are not from the same planet.
Martial has potential, no doubt but potential is what it is, nothing more. Let Martial prove himself first before we start that conversation. If Sanchez was available and United failed to get him in January, I bet most people here would have been furious. Easy to criticize the move now with the benefit of hindsight but some months of experiencing dip in form won't suddenly wipe away Sanchez's quality. He has done it in Italy, Spain and England. He will do it gain at United.
I can't wait till next season to see the real Alexis Sanchez. If I was Martial, I will go to Sanchez every other day to get tips from him. When Zlatan came, I would have gone to him and ask, 'Do you want my shirt number? Please take it. It is a great honour to play beside you.' I would go to Jose every day to ask him what he prefers me to do on the pitch. And I will shut my agent up.
What if Sanchez doesn't? He was a big fish in a small pond at Udinese, had absolutely handed everything on a plate at Barcelona, I guess a winger has it easy with Messi tearing through the middle. At Arsenal everything was built around him, he hardly had to venture deep into his own half to bring the ball out from the back with Arsenal playing a high line and possession football most of the time, but it's not going to be the case at United. He already struggled to track back effectively, he has no pure pace either, his dribbling has been atrocious with him losing possession and him facing a crowded defence everytime due to our poor passing tempo.

cyberman

Has he? He's been rubbish, and it the same standard was applied he should have been benched. Better in what? Throwing his arms in the air, whenever his lobbed passes didn't work out? It should have been the other way round, Sanchez putting pressure on Martial, not our best winger being benched and putting pressure on the new big money signing who deserved feck all. Rashford should be lucky he got any game time at all, the way he performed when given a chance, with that pathetic selfish play against Brighton.
Sanchez for City and Spurs alone had a better few months than Martial.
Sanchez struggled to settle, fair enough but to drop him for a player who's playing just as bad and could be gone in a few months?
Anthony didn't even play as a winger during this glorious 3 week period everybody keeps rambling on about. His form as a winger died around the Chelsea game, even then he was a super sub!
Just put pressure on Sanchez, if you see him struggling then give Jose an excuse to pick you. Not add to an ever growing excuse book as to why you're under performing.
We"we just lucky Sanchez didn't take his shirt number or fall out with his girlfriend again or else his career could be in jeopardy

Spoony

The People's President
I was a little disappointed in Lukaku going, less so for De Bruyne and didn't give a single shit about Salah.

There's people in this thread who seen genuinely angry, as if it was De Gea looking to leave.

It's bizzare. Fans were told we were signing the next Henry. Truth is he's been a disappointment... and it's not as if a he's **** figure either we're not talking a Ole or a Park. I really don't get it. Then again Kagawa had a following and all...so.......er...

Sereques

As some of the new players of this club sink low into the gunners mentality zone, a lot of the fans sink along with them and some even further. When SAF bought Veron and proceed to bench Keane, Roy was like feck no, I'm not sitting on the bench in winter, he played himself back into the first eleven. That is the kind of attitude that win trophies. To be champions, you need talent and guts. Park doesn't have talent, but if Martial have half the guts Park posses, he will always start. It's normal for top clubs to acquire the best players if they are available. Top clubs are not going to say oh we don't want to offend player X and refuse to buy a player. It's up to the player continue to make himself relevant.

I know we have lot of people that love Martial more than they love the club, I love Martial too, but I want players that play like they cared. Last season, too many players played like they couldn't give a feck. I love Martial too but I love Man United more. Rooney and Ronaldo weren't just talented, my god, they played their asses off. When the going gets tough, they rise to the occasion. They don't fold into their shell and expect to start the following weekend.

djembatheking

Why are people calling Sanchez a right winger ? Did he play on the right for Arsenal or Chile ?

redIndianDevil

If He was never on the field after We bought Sanchez then I understand... but that seems to not to be the case, no?

But as I said, both him and Jose are at fault. Just don't get people who blame only Jose for this, the fact that Sanchez was available and Arsenal were willing to trade him with Mkhi (who was struggling) was not his fault.
No, he did not. They both played together many times and I noticed a number of times when they were interchanging positions.
There is a reason why almost all players do well in just one position, there are very few jack of all trades(even they would not be a starter due to them being a jack of all trades in the first place). Sanchez playing predominantly in his favoured position and Martial shunted out to right is not being given a fair crack of the whip.

Sanchez an experienced pro, who played a long time as a right winger was utterly crap in the few games he was moved to the right, how'd you expect a 22 yr old to suddenly do well in a completely different position?

haram

As some of the new players of this club sink low into the gunners mentality zone, a lot of the fans sink along with them and some even further. When SAF bought Veron and proceed to bench Keane, Roy was like feck no, I'm not sitting on the bench in winter, he played himself back into the first eleven. That is the kind of attitude that win trophies. To be champions, you need talent and guts. Park doesn't have talent, but if Martial have half the guts Park posses, he will always start. It's normal for top clubs to acquire the best players if they are available. Top clubs are not going to say oh we don't want to offend player X and refuse to buy a player. It's up to the player continue to make himself relevant.

I know we have lot of people that love Martial more than they love the club, I love Martial too, but I want players that play like they cared. Last season, too many players played like they couldn't give a feck. I love Martial too but I love Man United more. Rooney and Ronaldo weren't just talented, my god, they played their asses off. When the going gets tough, they rise to the occasion. They don't fold into their shell and expect to start the following weekend.
He won a couple of player of the month awards though.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This was always going to happen with Mourinho in charge. Rashford will be next. He’s shown time and again he doesn’t have time for youngsters.

If he goes, we better be bringing in a top class replacement. With the FFP issues at PSG, Mbappe please! :drool:
Mbappe is a youngster...

Kostov

Sanchez for City and Spurs alone had a better few months than Martial.
Sanchez struggled to settle, fair enough but to drop him for a player who's playing just as bad and could be gone in a few months?
Anthony didn't even play as a winger during this glorious 3 week period everybody keeps rambling on about. His form as a winger died around the Chelsea game, even then he was a super sub!
Just put pressure on Sanchez, if you see him struggling then give Jose an excuse to pick you. Not add to an ever growing excuse book as to why you're under performing.
We"we just lucky Sanchez didn't take his shirt number or fall out with his girlfriend again or else his career could be in jeopardy
Yeah the only two games he didn't looked awful and that is enough? Are you serious, we bought the guy to help us in the CL, and complete our attack, he didn't do neither. And it's not his fault, but on the manager. Martial was playing very good, until he was moved to RW, don't fabricate things to suit your agenda. He embraced Jose challenge with him and Rashford and mainly came up on top, why would he been gone? And look at that logic, play the new 29 year old signing because our most promising attacker could leave in the summer if we don't play him? What kind of logic is that?

With what did Sanchez deserve to get that place from anyone never mind Martial? Because he is the new expensive toy? Well whether some admit that or not, it cost us a few result on the way, mainly the CL exit. It should have been the other way around, Alexis put on the RW and challenging players, simply because the team needed it, not unsettling the only good wing we had.

Mentioning the past stories where Martial was treated unfairly I'm not sure it helps the case, anyone would have been upset if their number is changed. Martial's supposed attitude problems is overstated now it seems, mainly to mask the blatantly poor management from Mourinho.

redIndianDevil

Maybe because Martial has been in the club longer than Sanchez and failed to impress Jose that much? so Jose decided to give Sanchez time and chances. He doesn't seem to be a manager who cares about age.
May be yes, but that doesn't mean it's right. What if Sanchez doesn't workout too after being given time?
I've read that Zlatan and Sanchez are reasons for Martial to want to leave, and that he should be given the keys to our attack because he'll be world class eventually. Perhaps Martial loves the fans because they feed his ego so much. It also seems to happen in the squad, I think they joke about him being the 'French Messi'.

SAF's hairdryer treatment would sort him out I think. But, Mourinho is too laid back for that.

I haven't played FIFA in almost 10 years, I've seen they do 'in-form' players now.

Also every top manager plays certain players regardless of form, because they fit the requirements for the position they play. Only when they do not follow instructions is when they are dropped. If you think otherwise then you are clueless.
No there is no in form players in FIFA, it's just numbers. So agree that Mourinho has not been fair with Martial this season?

Natyd

Yeah and I’m asking then what? You don’t sack a manager because a player people like has thrown his toys out of the pram.
No you sack a manager for throwing the clubs ethos out the window and serving up terrible football.You ask what after Mourinho im not pshychic but i can guarantee better football will be a result of sacking Mourinho

Cloud7

I'm conflicted. I grew up believing no player should be bigger than the club.

That was an easier mantra to go by when the manager managing your club was Alex Ferguson and you fully bought into his ways.

Mourinho, on the other hand....
This is how I felt as well. When Fergie was here he literally was the club. It was easy back then to say that no player is bigger than the manager, because our manager was the be all and end all of United.

Only after he’s gone, we have to come to terms with the fact that managers are an expendable part of the club and things don’t work out, same as with players. Managers are going to come and go now, just like players. We can’t invest everything in a manager and say that they are right beyond every other consideration any more.

redIndianDevil

Well Lingard grabbed his opportunities with both hands, as did A.Young
Ashley Young is a prime reason why our left sided attackers struggle most of the time. Him doing well is not good for the club. The sooner we buy a left back who could stretch the play and can actually use his left foot, we'd be a lot better off.

djembatheking

No, he has played there for Arsenal too.
Ok , thanks . I still don`t think of him as a right winger though , his best football for Arsenal and Chile has come when he plays on the left and as underwhelming as he has been I don`t think Martial has shown enough in matches to force his way into the team .

redIndianDevil

Yeah and I’m asking then what? You don’t sack a manager because a player people like has thrown his toys out of the pram.
We won't be sacking Mourinho(if we ever are) because one player doesn't like him(may be if De Gea says so we might), it would be because of his poor performance or his inability to use our squad or him pissing off the entire squad.

Varun

Staff
I think you’re deliberately misinterpreting what a warrior is. Sane and Sterling work their balls off in attacking areas which is Martial’s biggest issue. That can be assessed by simply using your eyes.

As for the other stuff there is a man who does see all the other things on a day to day basis. He’s the one not picking him? Has he just singled him out for no reason?
Attacking movement is a weakness of his, part of the manager's job is to work on these things and improve players. As far as work rate goes, he puts a shift in.

Managers get stuff wrong. Especially someone like Jose who prefers his experienced "mentally strong" players. Jose has got it spectacularly wrong in the past so using his selections is hardly a great example.

redIndianDevil

Ok , thanks . I still don`t think of him as a right winger though , his best football for Arsenal and Chile has come when he plays on the left and as underwhelming as he has been I don`t think Martial has shown enough in matches to force his way into the team .
Or you could look at it as Sanchez has hardly done enough to hold on this place..

acnumber9

Attacking movement is a weakness of his, part of the manager's job is to work on these things and improve players. As far as work rate goes, he puts a shift in.

Managers get stuff wrong. Especially someone like Jose who prefers his experienced "mentally strong" players. Jose has got it spectacularly wrong in the past so using his selections is hardly a great example.
Managers also get things right. Mourinho has a track record in winning so time will tell how this plays out.

acnumber9

No you sack a manager for throwing the clubs ethos out the window and serving up terrible football.You ask what after Mourinho im not pshychic but i can guarantee better football will be a result of sacking Mourinho
But what if that new manager wants to sell Martial? What do we do then?

redIndianDevil

A lot of crap pundits use them as well.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
His record is actually pretty good on the right, you can check it on transfermarkt and it was posted in his transfer thread too, if I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.