Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
He's ace. Can tell he's got a bit of skill but also has a snide element which is always nice.

Harpurhey Reds in the area...

Sylar

Doesn't deserve to be dropped. Should be first choice now. Might have just saved us money for other targets now

Utdstar01

Refreshingly progressive. The inside pass he made in the 2nd half when James shot wide on the left side of the box is the exact type of pass none of our other players attempt. Not particularly complex but decisive enough to define James' subsequent actions.
Would've had an assist if that was Mason's left foot instead of James' unfortunately.

Another good performance.

I like the fact it’s not obvious he’s right footed - it doesn’t jar or stand out.

he’s exactly the sort of player Utd should be bringing through. Well done OGS for giving him the opportunity, and then sticking with him.

RUCK4444

I like the fact it’s not obvious he’s right footed - it doesn’t jar or stand out.

he’s exactly the sort of player Utd should be bringing through. Well done OGS for giving him the opportunity, and then sticking with him.
Agree. Ole has done a great job of bringing him in, granted he seems to have a great temperament anyway but Ole’s chosen the right games to bring him in and has obviously given him all the confidence he would want from his manager.

I love this kids attitude, he’s got a bit of a nasty streak in him, nothing too bad but almost an angry confidence.

Loved it when he gripped that Neto as if to say ‘you ain’t pushing me around fella’ and proceeded to completely nullify him all game.

Mickson

Obviously cred to Ole, buy it was very frustrating not seeing him on the tour and he played Rojo as a left-back instead when it was obvious that Williams should've been there. Luckily, it ended up that way later but still. I agree that Ole has played him in the "right games" so good man-management there.

MetoTTT

Very good today in a letargic United side. A lot of passion but still raw. Hope he'll do it here. Great attitude. MoTM for me. Keep it up, lad!

Djemba-Djemba

Another very promising performance, carry on like this for the rest of the season and I think he becomes first choice and we try and get rid of Shaw in the summer.

Him emerging and nailing down that left back spot would be such a massive boost, it'd mean we focus the spending on other more urgent areas in the squad.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Really is incredible how quickly hes settled in. Already a very good PL player with tones of scope to improve. If he can work on his left foot and comfortably put in crosses and cut backs from the by-line, then he'd be some player.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Has a great mentality, lets just hope he goes from strength to strength. Promising signs so far but it is still so early days.

He’s looking brilliant isn’t he. Great introduction to first team football, he looks an absolute natural. Obvious quality and even proving his critics from his U23 and U18s says wrong by looking defensively composed.

Very very stern test on Sunday and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Shaw start if he’s fit as Anfield is a cauldron. However TAA made his debut against us at OT so Williams will be fine.

AshRK

I don't think even Luke shaw was this good before his injury against Psv. This boy is a special talent. People rave about Greenwood (rightly so) but this boy has proven to be a surprise package.

Jonty

He’s looking brilliant isn’t he. Great introduction to first team football, he looks an absolute natural. Obvious quality and even proving his critics from his U23 and U18s says wrong by looking defensively composed.

Very very stern test on Sunday and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Shaw start if he’s fit as Anfield is a cauldron. However TAA made his debut against us at OT so Williams will be fine.
I hope he does start, there's a touch of Gary Neville about this lad a game against Liverpool will only increase his vitriol and push the team on

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Quickly becoming one of my favourite players. Epitomises why we get excited by young players emerging in my view.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Quickly becoming one of my favourite players. Epitomises why we get excited by young players emerging in my view.
This. Him, Bissaka, Martial, Rashford, McTominay, James. All very likeable. But not every player is like this. Watched Williams in the U21 and I loved him for the same reasons we love him now, he just has it. I hoped he would get his chance but this boy has to be pretty nuts to establish himself this quickly. Ecstatic about it.

Backrow Singer

He’s a nasty little sod and I like that. He’d get in my team every week. If we could put his mentality into a few of the other players we’d be in a better position I’m sure of that.

ash_86

Probably will go to Euro 2020 . In the league only Chilwell is ahead of him.

The United

Gotta learn how to trap offside with the rest of the team. And, also too eager to stay up.

I suppose when he gets more mature, he will improve on those. Then, I think we will have some gem in our hands for a top team.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
First choice now and deservedly so. Love his tenacity and fearlessness.

Between him and Mason, i feel our academy players are technically better on the ball than most of our senior players. People running our academy might be the only people in this organization who are doing a good job.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Hopefully saves a fortune in the summer and more upheaval and it provides more options. I wouldn’t sell Shaw but have him 2nd choice, finally a bit of competition!

Rajma

Hopefully saves a fortune in the summer and more upheaval and it provides more options. I wouldn’t sell Shaw but have him 2nd choice, finally a bit of competition!
If you’re looking to have some competition for a LB spot then we definitely need to sell Shaw.

MiracleInMadrid

Love, love, love his mentality. Does not seem to be shaken up by anything. Has the right level of arrogance and confidence about him to make it at this club.

GazTheLegend

He was the real MOTM last night, it’s only because Mata scored that people put him ahead.

Was hilarious how Adama Traore got switched to his wing and then basically gave up the game completely when Williams totally pocketed him. Was a bit surprised by that, Traore’s head had visibly gone by the 80th minute - he just gave up.

Williams was pretty much perfect last night. Was just saying this morning to someone that he’s one of those defenders that seems to suck the ball in in the box in a way that good players do, and he can pass the ball as well which is always a nice little bonus

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I don't watch as much youth football as I used to. I had never heard of this kid before he starting playing first team matches. Was he thought of as a strong prospect before then?

pacifictheme

He was the real MOTM last night, it’s only because Mata scored that people put him ahead.

Was hilarious how Adama Traore got switched to his wing and then basically gave up the game completely when Williams totally pocketed him. Was a bit surprised by that, Traore’s head had visibly gone by the 80th minute - he just gave up.

Williams was pretty much perfect last night. Was just saying this morning to someone that he’s one of those defenders that seems to suck the ball in in the box in a way that good players do, and he can pass the ball as well which is always a nice little bonus
Didn't he get done and saved by maguire in the build up to our goal?

Love the lad, hes been great but just providing balance.

OleTheGreat

I don't know where this kid showed up from but he just took us all by surprise, did't he?! The kid has everything i expect from a United player. He has grit, passion and amazing skills. He literally pocketed every player who played on his side and what's more amazing is, he even covered the over-laps so well. I thought even AWB made a few wrong turns at RB and he often goes deep into the box cover the winger and forgets the opponent wing back but Williams totally covered both and reorganized his defensive partners to cover for the winger. What a wonderful addition he's been to our team and i hope he goes a long way from here.

Alabaster Codify7

He was very solid again last night. We've probably saved ourselves £50-60m here with young Williams because Shaw needed replacing this summer - I'm sick of him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Between Williams, McTominay, Wan Bissaka, Fred and the leadership of Maguire, there's some real steel in the squad which had long been missing.

KennyBurner

First choice now and deservedly so. Love his tenacity and fearlessness.

Between him and Mason, i feel our academy players are technically better on the ball than most of our senior players. People running our academy might be the only people in this organization who are doing a good job.
Im genuinely starting to believe this. He isnt afraid to play with the ball and can dribble very well. i dont want to go overboard with the praise but I think he might be good enough for the leftback spot. We might actually not need to buy anyone. Not only is he decent defensively but he is great going forward. He is a right footed player that is comfortable enough to cross with his left. I dont know how effective that is long term but he's made it effortless. Shaw on the other hand refuses to do anything with his right foot. The kid can also dribble past players easily when under pressure. Its really annoys me that we dont go down his side consistently enough because Maguire would rather make sideways pass to Lindelof. watch this video of him dribbling past players and providing much energy to our attack.

Once again we have to credit Ole with bringing yet another academy player through the ranks. For all his negatives I love the direction he is taking with youngsters.

Utdstar01

I don't watch as much youth football as I used to. I had never heard of this kid before he starting playing first team matches. Was he thought of as a strong prospect before then?
Been highly regarded for a while as far as I know but his progress in the youth teams in the last 18 months or so has been impressive. The surprising thing for me is his defensive game seems to have come on a lot since stepping up to the first team. He was known to have an error or 2 in him in the youth teams. Still don't think people expected him to do quite as well as this and so soon. @jb8521 will probably know more.

Last edited:

Bwuk

Outside shout for the Euros?

Danny Rose is rubbish nowadays, and Chilwell will go obviously. Who else do England actually have?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Outside shout for the Euros?

Danny Rose is rubbish nowadays, and Chilwell will go obviously. Who else do England actually have?
Been thinking this the last week or so.

Chilwell and Rose are the only options, and unfortunately I reckon Southgate will stick with Rose as the experienced player to back up Chilwell.

It's understandable in Greenwood's case as we've got experienced players in his position who are doing well. LB spot not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.