Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

I was not convinced by his first performances defensivly, but he has grown a lot. Probably man of the match, but Mata did some great things too.
Hopefully he can carry on since Shaw is probably going to remain injured.

thepolice123

Good performance today. Showed courage and intensity in bringing the ball forward. Something which we sorely lacked from Shaw.

Needs to work on his positioning though. Got caught with a few balls over him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He gets rightfully criticised when he has a poor performance, for example, these were the first five posts after the Sheffield United game.

The City game was a fairly poor example, he got done by Mahrez because he was left 2 v 1 most of the first half because Fred had to play the roles of Pereira and Lingard so he was out of position leaving Williams isolated against Mahrez and Silva (even if he wasn't 2 v 1, Mahrez is one of the best wingers in the league and any young full back would struggle against him). Once we sorted our midfield in the second half, like most or the team, he improved and he was rightly lauded for his attacking intent and contribution. I don’t think anyone’s in denial and pretending that he’s some great defender but people aren't really praising the defensive side of the game rather his attacking side of the game which is something we haven't seen from one of our full backs in a long time. It just gets a bit boring that whenever a youth player has a good game we all get accused of 'overrating' them because we give them justified praise, he gets rightly criticised when he has a poor game too.
Anyone criticising Brandon Williams is a self obsessed opinionated COCK.

The kids been superb.

Walters_19_MuFc

Such an unassuming character. Another fantastic game from him today. More so defensively than going forward, which shows he's not just good at attacking.

bondsname

Think Shaw's already lost his place to him, deservedly so.
Honestly don't think Shaw cares. My impression of Shaw is that he isn't exactly a fighter.

William's on the other hand is a fecking lion. Fast, aggressive, and courageous.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Quality decision making. He is such a calm presence both in defence and offensively, in our build up. It is beyond my expectations at this point, and I really believed he would do decently this season. But the guy is just a class modern fullback. You can tell he will become such a consistent player when he is older.

LJJT

Another fantastic performance, showed great fight, great defending and good on the ball. First choice left back for me.

Red_Aaron

Looks a proper player, my motm.

I love how fearless he is, doesn't shirk a challenge or ever look overawed.
Shades of Gary Neville but with greater attacking potential

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Very good again.

His general all-round play is impressive. He's got a good pass on him under pressure and he can bomb up and down for a full 90, which can't be said for Shaw or Young right now.

The moment in the 2nd half where Neto cut inside and Williams just stepped infront of him and put his body in the way, that's the sort of defending you'd expect from an experienced full back, not a kid. Didn't dive in or go to ground, didn't try to put his hands on him, excellent composure.

For me, his only weakness seems to be not getting out quick enough after a clearance. He's prone to playing attackers onside by not getting out and holding the line and has done it quite a few times now. It's minor, and will be coached into him. Harsh to really fault him though, his game looks pretty solid for someone so young.

cj_sparky

What's not to like about the lad. Great character, looks like his confidence is building the more he plays.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He's class and should definitely be first choice ahead of Shaw or Young.

kundalini

Better defensive performance from Brandon, though Traore did get in a few crosses from his side. Didn't offer much going forwards.

Andersons Dietician

Jose would absolutely hate him the amount of time he spends out of position and then just casually jogging back. But feck that guy.

Caught out a few times today but picked out some great passes as per usual. Had a bit of a mixed bag in the duels but generally he did a lot of very good things.

thepolice123

Very good again.

His general all-round play is impressive. He's got a good pass on him under pressure and he can bomb up and down for a full 90, which can't be said for Shaw or Young right now.

The moment in the 2nd half where Neto cut inside and Williams just stepped infront of him and put his body in the way, that's the sort of defending you'd expect from an experienced full back, not a kid. Didn't dive in or go to ground, didn't try to put his hands on him, excellent composure.

For me, his only weakness seems to be not getting out quick enough after a clearance. He's prone to playing attackers onside by not getting out and holding the line and has done it quite a few times now. It's minor, and will be coached into him. Harsh to really fault him though, his game looks pretty solid for someone so young.
That was a very good piece of defending, he fully anticipated it and bailed us out. I thought we were in trouble there.

Stadjer

Good game. Should be a starter over Shaw now.

He will likely make some mistakes but it isnt like Shaw is offering much (when fit) that is so special that playing Williams wouldnt be a good option.

dutchred

We are lucky to have him and Devine is a great talent coming through the youth teams. He is naturally left footed

lumeyes

Very good again.

I saw the game in patches but was lucky to witness that in a fleeting moment. Because of how good I thought that defensive display was, my first impression was that it couldn't be such a young player as Williams. An experience player like Matic would be more like it. Brilliant from this boy. I'll keep my fingers crossed

Utdstar01

Our best player today. Looked assured and reliable. Developing at a really nice pace.

Utdstar01

We are lucky to have him and Devine is a great talent coming through the youth teams. He is naturally left footed
Yep. We were lucky with Devine as he originally signed for City before they got caught for dodgy dealing.

Devil may care

Class again tonight, his passing is pretty slick and I thought defensively he was excellent against 2 testing wingers.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Refreshingly progressive. The inside pass he made in the 2nd half when James shot wide on the left side of the box is the exact type of pass none of our other players attempt. Not particularly complex but decisive enough to define James' subsequent actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.