Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don’t think anybody is bothered that you don’t rate Williams, you’re not that important.
People just don’t like coming on here to read that we’re all wrong and you know best because you’re emotionally detached. It’s all very edgy and it adds nothing to discussion.
Just explain that you don’t think he’ll be good enough long term, you don’t have to go into CAF psychology and make page long essays about it.
You can feck off too.

Jonno

No they didn’t first game he played against Traore, Traore had a pretty off day as did Wolves and for some reason they just didn’t work Traore in a position to go at Williams However the 6 or so times he went at him he went past him like he wasn’t there bar 1.
The next game Traore played on the left and Neto was on the right. Then next time we played them Shaw was back in at LB and Traore played on the right.

His performance wasn’t good against Sheffield it was bad. Just scoring a goal doesn’t all of a sudden improve everything you did in the previous 90 minutes.

I think he is decent and is quite raw but I do think people have blown some of his performances to grandiose levels and vastly overrated him.
I’m happy he is part of the team and want to see more of him, but I’m not jumping on this he’s the best thing since sliced bread bandwagon.
just glad it looks like we currently have 2 pretty good options at LB.
He's been largely very good in games, consistent, energetic, intelligent, an attacking threat, defensively sound. He's rash, he makes mistakes, can be poor positionally at times, but this is normal for someone who's played about 3 months of top level football and you have to allow for that.

I just sense that you're trying to downplay him, downgrade him, exaggerate how poor some of his performances have been in order to justify you're not "jumping on this bandwagon. "

Andersons Dietician

He's been largely very good in games, consistent, energetic, intelligent, an attacking threat, defensively sound. He's rash, he makes mistakes, can be poor positionally at times, but this is normal for someone who's played about 3 months of top level football and you have to allow for that.

I just sense that you're trying to downplay him, downgrade him, exaggerate how poor some of his performances have been in order to justify you're not "jumping on this bandwagon. "
Why would I need to justify not jumping on a bandwagon? He’s been energetic, not sure he’s been consistent, or intelligent as for me that would mean he has good positioning which is quite questionable. Attacking threat, I mean it’s not something that is outstanding and when it’s noticeable he’s had a big attacking influence is when he has gone so far out of position that he has had Rashford have to cover him.

Some of his performances have been very poor, some of the, have been very good. Personally like I said I think people are overplaying how much of a talent or prospect he is currently.

Is he good yes, is he some sort of fullback sensation, no, not from what I’ve seen.can he improve he’s a lot. Let’s just see what the kid has over the next year or two And enjoy it.

Jonno

Why would I need to justify not jumping on a bandwagon? He’s been energetic, not sure he’s been consistent, or intelligent as for me that would mean he has good positioning which is quite questionable. Attacking threat, I mean it’s not something that is outstanding and when it’s noticeable he’s had a big attacking influence is when he has gone so far out of position that he has had Rashford have to cover him.

Some of his performances have been very poor, some of the, have been very good. Personally like I said I think people are overplaying how much of a talent or prospect he is currently.

Is he good yes, is he some sort of fullback sensation, no, not from what I’ve seen.can he improve he’s a lot. Let’s just see what the kid has over the next year or two And enjoy it.
He is good? You've just largely played him down to be playing poorly.

I think he's one of the best emerging talents in the PL this season in his agegroup along with maybe Curtis Jones and Mason Greenwood.

It's quite normal for players to fill in for each other when instructed to go forward from deep. Liverpool do it with Trent and Robertson yet you're criticising?

I'm in complete agreement that he's got lots to improve on, but you can normally tell when a player is destined to make it at the top level and when they're not.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Glad you could at least appreciate the humour in it as opposed to the officer who has thrown two charges at me.

In all seriousness, this is give and take. I didn’t come in here telling everyone about themselves. I made a comment, which I’m entitled to do, which was that a player is not good enough. After that, it was explained to me by a number of posters that I was not entitled to think such, and also explained the psychology of how I arrived at that conclusion (knee-Jerk, confirmation bias, simply trying to be cleverer than everyone else etc). Everything other than being able to watch a football player and make an assessment. I’m entitled to offer a defence to that.

Man Utd 2:0 Man City

-Supreme-

Hugely relieved seeing him taken off after Mahrez was having fun at our left flank

We were also fortunate that the goal didn't stand where he nearly played Aguero onside by a few centimeters

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Had Foden in his pocket. Tired loads by the time Mahrez came on though, so was a smart change. Still a very good performance for such a young kid in a huge game.

mu4c_20le

It's almost unfair to play both him and Shaw together, but Ole has found a way to do it. They looked like little delinquents when they linked up on the left flank, always up to something and unsettling the City defence.

Art Vandelay

Had Foden in his pocket. Tired loads by the time Mahrez came on though, so was a smart change. Still a very good performance for such a young kid in a huge game.
Yeah, I thought he was doing well defensively but gave it away easily too much when on the ball. He was knackered by the time Mahrez got at him.

He's got potential and I'm happy enough not buying a leftback while we wait to see how he develops.

Jonno

He had a solid game, and then Pep changed it brilliantly bringing Mahrez on RW.

Excellent breakthrough season. He’s learning every week.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was very good in the first half I think. Mahrez slapped him about in the second half though.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was very good for most of the game, but was struggling to deal with Mahrez, not surprising as Mahrez is too good.

Ole did well to take him off and play Shaw there.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Looked like he got tired later on.

Still very good though.

Mahrez was toying with him though.

The United

He is learning. That's good.

His positioning needs a lot of work especially trapping offsides. Not the first time, I remember about 3 of them in different games which gave us a lot of troubles.

Josh 76

Looked like he got tired later on.

Still very good though.

Mahrez was toying with him though.
That's why Pep put Mahrez on. He was fresh and Williams tired.
So Ole changed it too
Game of chess between the managers.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Started well, until Mahrez came on and toyed with him.

His positioning is still suspect, he has a habit of not holding the line and being too far back. It almost resulted in a goal. I'm a big fan of him and he has a big future, but his concentration seems to slip in those moments.

mu4c_20le

Lets not act as if getting beaten by Mahrez is suddenly the end of his United career as a leftback or left wingback. This is a kid with only a dozen PL appearances vs a POTY and the driving force behind Leicesters shock title win.

kundalini

Had several really good moments and several awful moments that fortunately, we survived. Not sure Williams quite realised how vulnerable our CBs are, due to their lack of pace, if he let Mahrez cross early, as happened for Sterling's big chance that was slightly too far ahead for him to get a good contact. Aguero's fractionally offside goal was another careless moment from Brandon. Getting the offside trap right has been one of his big weaknesses this season.

Super cross that Fernandes headed wide and good pass for a Martial shot that was blocked. Good defending beyond the far post early on in the match.

Dan_F

Lets not act as if getting beaten by Mahrez is suddenly the end of his United career as a leftback or left wingback. This is a kid with only a dozen PL appearances vs a POTY and the driving force behind Leicesters shock title win.
I don’t think anyone is...

Andersons Dietician

You could put Mahrez up against the greatest fullbacks there has ever been and by the end of that game that fullback will know they’ve been in a game. No shame in getting roasted by Mahrez at all.

What is more concerning for me was early in the game where I think it’s Aguero he just lets him run and he has to put a sprint on to try and catch up and he lumps a ball cause he was sloppy.
However seconds after that, compete opposite tracks Aguero in brilliantly and gets a head on it.

Hes very hit and miss but it’s to be expected.

Red Royal

Great commitment and happy he is here instead of Young. Should be rotated in for the 'easier' games. Seems to have forced Shaw to up his game which is a huge bonus.

RedDevilRoshi

He played really well in the 1st half and kept Foden very quiet. Began to tire in the 2nd half which Pep noticed and decided to bring Mahrez on who was starting to roast him until Ole rightly took him off.

Overall, he had a good game.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Reminds me of Phil Neville. Hard as nails, full of passion, proper United character but ultimately looks a bit awkward on the left.

Mike Smalling

Gotta say, I love this kid! Mahrez may have gotten the better of him a couple of times, but that doesn't matter too much. He plays with a passion, determination and confidence that makes me certain that he will be in the squad for a long time.

The emergence of Williams and Greenwood, as well as the further development of McT and Rashford may be one of the most positive things about this season. It's great to see academy kids in the team every week!

Alabaster Codify7

I think he started very well (in general, this season) but has trailed off a bit which is to be expected. Luckily for us, Shaw has improved lately so a LB is no longer a priority for next season as Williams is an able deputy and still learning but one of the learning crop that we can rely on to play 90mins when needed.

Sea-Cow

Still not a single minute played on the right......For a young lad that is heavily reliant on his right foot. It quite frankly baffles me.

Surely it makes sense to at least see what he can do on the right side? Maybe this Thursday we give AWB a rest and let Brandon play, either at RB if we're in a 4 or at wing-back if we decide to be more defensive away from home.

I trust Brandon to bring more than Dalot, both defensively and offensively.

roonster09

Scout
Still not a single minute played on the right......For a young lad that is heavily reliant on his right foot. It quite frankly baffles me.

Surely it makes sense to at least see what he can do on the right side? Maybe this Thursday we give AWB a rest and let Brandon play, either at RB if we're in a 4 or at wing-back if we decide to be more defensive away from home.

I trust Brandon to bring more than Dalot, both defensively and offensively.
He uses his left foot very well.

Sea-Cow

He uses his left foot very well.
I'd say its passable. But unless I'm blind, he still mostly traps and passes the ball with his right the majority of the time. I think this makes him more inclined to go backwards, instead of possibly pushing forward.

I have no complaints with him and actually admire how well he has done, considering he is playing on his weaker side!

I would just like to see it, even if its just one game!

roonster09

Scout
I'd say its passable. But unless I'm blind, he still mostly traps and passes the ball with his right the majority of the time. I think this makes him more inclined to go backwards, instead of possibly pushing forward.

I have no complaints with him and actually admire how well he has done, considering he is playing on his weaker side!

I would just like to see it, even if its just one game!
It's not just passable, he is very good with his left foot. Not obviously as good as Greenwood at using both feet but Brandon Williams uses both feet well.

Yeah he should get chances as RB too, will be interesting to see how he plays there.

Status
Not open for further replies.