Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

peridigm

Could not watch the match. Does this kid look like he could become our first choice LB by next season? I don't expect him to take many starts from Young but lets be honest, Shaw is not really being missed all that much in my opinion. As over the hill as Young is, he's holding down that LB role while Shaw has been out.

MrBest

Could not watch the match. Does this kid look like he could become our first choice LB by next season? I don't expect him to take many starts from Young but lets be honest, Shaw is not really being missed all that much in my opinion. As over the hill as Young is, he's holding down that LB role while Shaw has been out.
Agreed. Shaw who? Would be happy for Williams to start on sunday. The way he gets up and down is brilliant, he can attack and defend. Surprised me a lot today.

bdecuc

He has great attitude and confidence. In that sense he looks at least as ready as any of the kids. He could be useful backup to Shaw.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Paraphrasing Mou: Luke Shaw has a problem and it's called Brandon Williams.

RedCurry

Looks like a great prospect. But I thought that about Paddy McNair as well so what do I know.

redzombie

he was the only real highlight from the match, hopefully he and Shaw can fight it out for LB next season and mark the end of the road for Young.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Decent option at wingback on either side - Wan-Bissaka at right centreback in a 3 could accommodate him on the right as well.

Proper footballer.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Haven't seen someone attack a header like that in years. Great reading of the ball by him. He's also blessed to have twice the engine Shaw could dream of. Go on

Ekeke

Looks like a good backup option for LB already and pretty much the only bright spot from the match

redshaw

I agree with Ole, man of the match. Hopefully we have found a new left back.

jackal&hyde

Very good. Looks like we might not have to be in the market for a left back. Very happy for him to be making his mark.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Haven’t seen him play yet. What kind of full back is he? Was he rated in the Academy?

kiristao

Had a good game. Did well to win the penalty and always seemed to come on top defensively when in a 1 v 1 situation.

SteveW

Haven’t seen him play yet. What kind of full back is he? Was he rated in the Academy?
Phenomenal attitude. Fighter. Energetic. Confident.

One of the best at each age level but it's hard to judge sometimes until they defend against faster, stronger, cleverer players at senior level. He's coping very well. Seems to be able to handle the pace of the game. Loves to get forward too. The rest will come. I've high hopes.

Last edited:

SoCross

I thought he was good but need to see more of him before putting too much expectation on the kid. Certainly not ready to push Shaw or Young aside yet but if he develops at this rate, Ole will have a nice dilemma.

Was impressed at how he challenged for every header. Short passing can improve though. But attitude looks spot on.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I thought he was good but need to see more of him before putting too much expectation on the kid. Certainly not ready to push Shaw or Young aside yet but if he develops at this rate, Ole will have a nice dilemma.

Was impressed at how he challenged for every header. Short passing can improve though. But attitude looks spot on.
I would be happy with him being the end of Young immediately.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello

If he keeps performing like that then I see no reason why he can't push ahead of Young. And if Shaw keeps getting on injured then he could well find himself playing a fair few games this season.

EdinburghDevil

He done very well last night. Defended well and made some good attacking runs too. Felt like he played with a lot of energy and desire.

I'd like to see him get more game time over the coming weeks and months to see how he develops.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
My preference would be for a left footed left back, and one who is a great crosser at that.

Quality service from wide has been non existent for a while now, and that is a full-back’s role now. AWB won’t be offering much of it from the right, and Brandon, whilst a talent, will always want to come and join our other 16 players inside.

Giuliano Maiorana

A right footed left back?
I’m not really a fan of right footed left backs. Think Ashley Young has me scarred for life. Looks promising though
Im shocked at the slight negativeness of the lad?

Denis Irwin is arguably our greatest ever LB and was right footed.

Start him this weekend, pack Ashley Young's bag and check him out of the Lowery ASAP

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Already better than Shaw but that's not saying much i suppose. Looks a player, yeah.

JoaquinJoaquin

Thought he was really good yesterday after a nervous opening. If we can get any money for Shaw I wouldn't be opposed to selling him.

RedDevilRoshi

Could save us from having to spunk out millions on a new LB when we’ve already got other areas that badly need addressing i.e. midfield and attack

Josh 76

Thought he was really good yesterday after a nervous opening. If we can get any money for Shaw I wouldn't be opposed to selling him.
Selling Shaw? Wtf for? We need competion for places at this club. That's what brings out the best in players.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Selling Shaw? Wtf for? We need competion for places at this club. That's what brings out the best in players.
Yeah last thing we need to be doing is selling first team players, Young will probably leave when his contract expires leaving us with only 2 left backs.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Good lad. His bursts down the left were one of the few high points of last night's performance and resulted in our goal. Things aren't going well on the pitch but it's great to still see youngsters like Williams and Tuanzebe come into this team and do well.

Zoo

Ole needs to continue giving him more chances. There's no reason why he can't make the LB spot his.

TrustInOle

Ole needs to continue giving him more chances. There's no reason why he can't make the LB spot his.
I agree, haven't seen anything from the lad to even think about taking him out the team tbh. Constant 7 performances, at least, so far for me.

Evans999

If 3-5-2 is going to be successful the wing backs have to get forward and create chances, And boy will he create chances. He's miles ahead of Luke Shaw & Ashley Young. Play him. Excellent performance yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.