Brandon Williams Appreciation Society

mattunited1978

doommonger
He's great going forward, its his strength. Whats pleasing me the most is how well he's doing defensively at this level.

slir32

Quality player i hope he keeps on improving and nails that position next season.

TRUERED89

Good defensive performance, but needs to be better on the ball, way to many times he passed the ball backwards without even thinking about doing something positive.
Yep, great defensively but he didn’t take his fullback on once! He’ll only get better from here so no issue atm.

Lentwood

I’ve tried to explain this to people so many times but you just don’t know how good a player is/can be until you test them at the highest level

Williams does things at pace, and that’s half the battle

Mcking

When all the talks are on Greenwood, Gomes and Garner, this kid actually has the biggest chance of making it here.
The fact he is not predominantly left-footed could be a setback though. A manager like LVG could turn up at some point and decide that a leftback shouldn't be right-footed. Personally, I prefer left-footers on the left.

M Bison

Supports
York City
It’s great to have another option and add greater depth to the squad, it’ll improve other players too. Shaw has definitely more to offer and hopefully having Williams giving him competition will benefit them both.

More importantly, dying to know what the original thread title was!

Handré1990

The fact he is not predominantly left-footed could be a setback though. A manager like LVG could turn up at some point and decide that a leftback shouldn't be right-footed. Personally, I prefer left-footers on the left.
I was going to ask, since I somehow thought James was left footed, but yeah, I was thinking this as well. He’s on fire right now.

MrBest

The boy has heart and desire. He should be trying to own the left back spot over the next few years. Shaw has a tough run coming.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
We've had a few false dawns with young players. Let's wait and see how he does for a longer sample period before bigging him up and criticising other players in his playing the same role.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
ORIGINAL POSTER: This was not what was originally written and was edited by a moderator. Is this what Redcafe has become? It is one thing to disagree with criticism of Pogba's attitude, and the whole point of a forum is discussion, quite another to edit the poster's post so it does not represent what was written. That's not moderation, that is censorship. Appalling. And childish.

Whoever did this should not be moderating their own words let alone anyone else's.

What an example this boy is to the rest of our team and especially me who can't praise one of our players without shitting on another.

He shows how talent plus commitment and the right attitude means scintillanting performances.

He played right back, right wing and left wing tonight and outstanding throughout.

He is like a home grown Wan-Bissaka in his tackling and interception plus a real threat going forward.

We dont need shit posters on the Caf, we need a group that play for each other and that is what we got tonight against Chelsea.

The Williams way.
I agree with you, there was really no need for the mod to edit. 10 posters have already disagreed with you and that should have been enough as it's a fecking forum for christs sake. Not sure why the mod also decided to edit your OP.

There was really nothing vicious about it and I am someone that disagrees with you for your pop on Pogba.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's looking alright. I dont think he's shown anything to really shout about just yet but then he hasn't looked completely out of his depth either.
He's looked solid with more room for improvement and that's a good sign at the moment.

I still feel Borthwick Jackson looked a more progressed,assured player,though. And look where he's at now.
Funny game.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He's looking alright. I dont think he's shown anything to really shout about just yet but then he hasn't looked completely out of his depth either.
He's looked solid with more room for improvement and that's a good sign at the moment.

I still feel Borthwick Jackson looked a more progressed,assured player,though. And look where he's at now.
Funny game.
Tyler Blackett also looked good. None of them kicked on though.

Think Williams has a better attitude from what I've seen

Ranchero

I agree with you, there was really no need for the mod to edit. 10 posters have already disagreed with you and that should have been enough as it's a fecking forum for christs sake. Not sure why the mod also decided to edit your OP.

There was really nothing vicious about it and I am someone that disagrees with you for your pop on Pogba.
Exactly. I have lodged a complaint. I have no problem with people disagreeing and I welcome it. I will change my opinion all the time based on intelligent discourse, not on editorial vandalism, which this is. I cannot believe a moderator would do such a thing.

Notwithstanding that, it was changed to indicate that the WHOLE TEAM need to learn a lesson from Williams. My god! The whole team were committed last night. They are not ALL bad eggs, for goodness sake.

So the moderator inadvertently made what he thought was a 'sh*t post' a sh*tter post' with a sh*t edit.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I’ve tried to explain this to people so many times but you just don’t know how good a player is/can be until you test them at the highest level

Williams does things at pace, and that’s half the battle
You tried to explain an universally accepted notion?

Bwuk

Exactly. I have lodged a complaint. I have no problem with people disagreeing and I welcome it. I will change my opinion all the time based on intelligent discourse, not on editorial vandalism, which this is. I cannot believe a moderator would do such a thing.

Notwithstanding that, it was changed to indicate that the WHOLE TEAM need to learn a lesson from Williams. My god! The whole team were committed last night. They are not ALL bad eggs, for goodness sake
:lol:

romufc

He looked good yesterday, was a difficult game V CHO and he marshalled him really well, was left 2 v 1 and handled that well. He tracked CHO into the penalty area once as well.

Should keep playing him while confidence is high.

BlueHaze

He needs to play as much as possible imo. So far he's looking even better than Shaw.

TrustInOle

He looked good yesterday, was a difficult game V CHO and he marshalled him really well, was left 2 v 1 and handled that well. He tracked CHO into the penalty area once as well.

I agree with this and feel Rojo was being pulled to centrally at times, leaving him isolated with CHO and James. Real mature performance and honestly, Ole was getting the stick abit for not trusting youth, but he has definatley played it almost perfect in development for them. Axel, Williams, Garner, Mason have all shown glimpses and havent really had a bad game.

romufc

I agree with this and feel Rojo was being pulled to centrally at times, leaving him isolated with CHO and James. Real mature performance and honestly, Ole was getting the stick abit for not trusting youth, but he has definatley played it almost perfect in development for them. Axel, Williams, Garner, Mason have all shown glimpses and havent really had a bad game.
Agreed, I was one of those who was questioning his trust in youth. However; this was a league cup game.

I am surprised Mason was involved with the U23 instead of this game? would have been good to see him and Rashford up top.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Williams played very well last night & deserves recognition for his performances.

Hope he keeps it up.

@Ranchero Have a word with yourself with you, the mods were right, your rubbish op would be at risk of derailing the thread. Simple as that.

Ranchero

Williams played very well last night & deserves recognition for his performances.

Hope he keeps it up.

@Ranchero Have a word with yourself with you, the mods were right, your rubbish op would be at risk of derailing the thread. Simple as that.
What on earth does that actually mean in plain coherent English?

There is a world of difference between disagreeing with a commentary and obliterating it. Obliterating everything you think is "rubbish" is dictatorship stuff.

You say an op that champions a great emerging young player is "rubbish" and provide no rational argument.

So what do YOU say about Williams.

Last edited:

Ranchero

Keeping Hudson-Odoi quiet was a feat

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
What on earth does that actually mean in plain coherent English?
This is a thread giving recognition to young Williams' performances. Why you feel the need to knock others to compliment Williams is beyond me. There's plenty of toxicity on the forum, it should be kept out of a young players' thread at least.

The_Order

So, it was an anti-pogba thread disguised as an appreciation for Williams.

TrustInOle

I didn't see the OP post, but going off this thread so far, I dont see nothing wrong with praising a players work ethic and also questioning an established stars worth ethic next to it. When one should be slowly adapting to the team, and the other should be leading the team.

I have been a very firm defender of Pogbas, throughout his tenure, but @Ranchero point stands, we would be in a much better position if established stars shown the same desire our young amateurs at premier league level are currently showing.

Sea-Cow

I agree and I would like to see given minutes at right back. Surely AWB will need a break soon!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This thread should offend Williams. His performances haven't been based on passion, he has been good technically and tactically that's what made him perform at a good level.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
All of a sudden there is a bounce around the place. These young prospects coming through like Williams, McT, Tuenzabe have given the place a real buzz. It’s also interesting that these youngsters have lifted the place, even if it’s only a little and temporary, more than Unitedd older more experienced players.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
All of a sudden there is a bounce around the place. These young prospects coming through like Williams, McT, Tuenzabe have given the place a real buzz. It’s also interesting that these youngsters have lifted the place, even if it’s only a little and temporary, more than Unitedd older more experienced players.
I'd add the new signings to the feelgood factor as well.