Brandon Williams Appreciation Society

mu4c_20le

Williams, arguably the way he is looking, could be our best ever player.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Hopefully he pushes shaw all the way. That can only be a good thing for us. I really don’t think shaw has been nearly as effective post injury. It happens. Hopefully sharing game time with someone on form will be the motivation he needs to go up another few levels

Hughie77

He's had some good games, I like him, Away to Partizan was excellent hostile crowd and ground, rubbish pitch he was steady.

Chelsea away again he was on it, got over run a bit in 2nd half , but still was ok didn't fold didn't panic , and this was a boy who didn't go on pre season tour! So he's showed something to get into the reckoning. That's what's needed self drive and confidence in his own ability, needs to keep it going now.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
Reminds me of Phillip Lahm ex Bayern defender, But I believe Williams can be an even better player with the proper coaching.
That would probably mean that he'd end up as one of the best fullbacks in the history of the sport though.

Judas

Open to offers
Reminds me of Phillip Lahm ex Bayern defender, But I believe Williams can be an even better player with the proper coaching.
This is textbook Redcafe. Build them up to ridiculous heights, over and over again, happens every time one of our kids has a good run of games, or even just one good performance.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Censorship :lol:

Also, it's way too early to appreciate Brandon Williams. Despite him starting strongly, our kids are routinely overrated on this forum and we've seen this exact sentiment expressed towards Diogo Dalot and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, both which went on to achieve the square root of very little. Seems more apt to maintain a healthy dose of neutrality.

However, Pogba is a monster who eats children's bones. No doot about that.

davidmichael

The fact he could keep Young from being on the pitch makes Williams a hero in my eyes already.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Let him find his feet for goodness sake. Shaw has to be a little concerned though hopefully

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
What the feck is going on today? First Mctominay could surpass Keane and now Williams is the new Phillip Lahm? Embarrassing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The best thing about him is he’s comfortable on both sides, so he’s always going to be in the squad.

I loved it when odoi tried to knock it passed him and show him some heels, nope! Williams is QUICK

Spaghetti

Mom's
Gary Linekar says Hello.
I don’t get the reference.

He seems to be the player that teams target most for their attacks. His crossing is good from highlights I’ve seen, although he was terrible going forward against United. Would you swap him for AWB?

Withnail

I don’t get the reference.

He seems to be the player that teams target most for their attacks. His crossing is good from highlights I’ve seen, although he was terrible going forward against United. Would you swap him for AWB?
So you've decided he's massively over-rated based on highlights?

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The fact he is not predominantly left-footed could be a setback though. A manager like LVG could turn up at some point and decide that a leftback shouldn't be right-footed. Personally, I prefer left-footers on the left.
Philip Lahm had a decent career as a right footed LB didn't he ?

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
The fact he is not predominantly left-footed could be a setback though. A manager like LVG could turn up at some point and decide that a leftback shouldn't be right-footed. Personally, I prefer left-footers on the left.
No doubt somebody will have the stats somewhere but i'd hazard a guess that we've had a right-footed left-back on more occasions that a natural left-footer since the mid 80's, and by quite some margin.

TheReligion

Abusive
Dennis Irwin

Dennis Irwin
Fantastic player.

But just like with Irwin, in the few performances I’ve seen from Williams his left leg is not just a swinger. It’s not as if we have Valencia playing at left back.

Although with inverted wingers, it’s not ideal to have two right footers on the left hand side. From what I’ve seen, he’s a very good prospect.

Withnail

Fantastic player.

But just like with Irwin, in the few performances I’ve seen from Williams his left leg is not just a swinger. It’s not as if we have Valencia playing at left back.

Although with inverted wingers, it’s not ideal to have two right footers on the left hand side. From what I’ve seen, he’s a very good prospect.
We really could do with a left-footed player who can cross the ball on occasion.

Lentwood

You tried to explain an universally accepted notion?
It’s not a universally accepted notion though is it.....it’s very often not the players people expect to make the step up who go on and prove themselves to be top quality

For example, you could have watched every single Utd Academy game at every age group for ten years...how many would have predicted it would be Scott McTominay and Brandon Williams of all the hundreds of players who would be getting rave reviews in the 1st team?

Point being - far too many players are cut without ever being given a proper chance. At least at Utd, they have more chance that most though

stepic

:lol:

never mind the censorship, the thread is utterly pointless given we have an entire forum to discuss specific player’s performances.

Spaghetti

Mom's
I wasn't on the caf at the time but... really?

So you've decided he's massively over-rated based on highlights?
Is your first part regarding me not getting the reference? I rarely come on here, and I don’t live in the UK so a lot of stuff easily escapes me!

The second part - no, I haven’t based my overall opinion on highlights. My overall opinion is based on full matches I’ve watched. Matches in which his overall game has been OK abut not in line with his hype and his crossing hasn’t been so special.

However, I don’t watch every Liverpool game and I can offer my view from the highlights of his crosses that I’ve seen as a positive for him.

prateik

A) everyone knows who lahm is. The "ex Bayern defender" really wasn't needed.
B)better than Lahm.. lets set some realistic goals first..

stepic

To be honest I think he looks more like a combination of Maldini and Roberto Carlos. Think he’s already on their level.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
To add to the Lahm and Maldini comparisons, I think he's going to blossom into a David Beckham in looks.

Bondi77

The guy looks good and I think once Luke comes back he will be great back up and Ashley can sail off to the sunset.
We forget so quickly but once Luke is back up to speed he is by far our best option and it could be great for us and Brandon himself to get a loan to a Chapionship club next season a nd have Dalot as cover for the fullback positions and a chance for Laird if it offers itself.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
The guy looks good and I think once Luke comes back he will be great back up and Ashley can sail off to the sunset.
We forget so quickly but once Luke is back up to speed he is by far our best option and it could be great for us and Brandon himself to get a loan to a Chapionship club next season a nd have Dalot as cover for the fullback positions and a chance for Laird if it offers itself.
Or hows about biting anybodies hands off that offers circa £10m for Shaw and have AWB, Dalot, Williams and Laird fighting it out for the two positions.