Brazilian Wonderkido - Endrick

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
And if it doesn’t work out, we could always sell him to United/Juve/Chelsea for an even higher fee! :wenger:

No idea what we’re gonna get. But won’t be judging him too harshly. Took Vini a season or two/three to get going.
One season to adapt maybe but I will be very surprised if he won't be better than Rodrygo at least, and that's my worse scenario.

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
One season to adapt maybe but I will be very surprised if he won't be better than Rodrygo at least, and that's my worse scenario.
Based on? Rodrygo looked better than Endrick in 2017-2019(16-18 years old; Endrick will be 18 in 3 months).

He's been decent, but not great for Palmeiras. In fact, he was below average(saying he was really bad wouldn't be an overstatement) most of 2023, until the last two months of the season. He also had an average pre-olympic tournament some months ago.

Yeah, he's only 17 years old, but when people start to claim he's the next Pelé, Ronaldo, Neymar, etc, it'll be pointed out if he doesn't look nowhere near that good(did you watch any of these guys playing at Endrick's age?).

He apparently has a much better mentality than our "craques" normally have and also has a very good game reading, especially for his age, but technically he's nothing special(Gabriel Jesus looked better on the ball when he played for Palmeiras). His finishing is very suspicious too(again, I'm comparing him to those he's supposed to replace; 17-18 years old Neymar was a MUCH better finisher, let alone Ronaldo or Romário).

All the hype around him is based on what he did in sub-20 football and, as all of you can see, he has an abnormally developed body for his age.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheimoon

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He looks like a video game sprite. His face literally looks AI generated.

Got the hallmarks of stardom, this one.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Based on? Rodrygo looked better than Endrick in 2017-2019(16-18 years old; Endrick will be 18 in 3 months)
Long term potential. Playing for current Palmeiras isn’t the same as playing for those Santos sides.

But I already mentioned at least give him 1 season to adapt, it’s not only jumping directly from Palmeiras to Europe, it’s going straight to Real Madrid.

If he doesn’t hit the ground running immediately it’s quite normal, abnormal will be if he arrives with 18 years old and is immediately the best player in the team, he is great but he isn’t Ronaldo Nazario.

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
Long term potential. Playing for current Palmeiras isn’t the same as playing for those Santos sides.
Indeed it isn't; Palmeiras is much stronger and much more stable than that Santos and Endrick plays exactly in the only position they were missing. It's hard to conceive a better scenario for a young talent in Brazil.

Malkovich

Indeed it isn't; Palmeiras is much stronger and much more stable than that Santos and Endrick plays exactly in the only position they were missing. It's hard to conceive a better scenario for a young talent in Brazil.
Endrick's impact in domestic league has been greater than Rodrygo's.

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
Endrick's impact in domestic league has been greater than Rodrygo's.
Endrick's game against Botafogo was definitely more impactful than anything that Rodrygo produced, but it's due to Palmeiras being strong enough to fight for the title and so that game gained a lot of importance(Botafogo was in a horrible moment too; had a relegated team campaign in the second half). Rodrygo never had the chance to play a game like that for Santos, but he performed better and was a difference maker in more games in my opinion.

Last edited:

Oranges038

Some of you guys are INCREDIBLY hard to please. He's 17 for the love of Christ and he scores his first international goal in Wembley.
Yeah, but who hasn't done that, should have been tearing England to shreds with them legs he has, need to see more from him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is he considered a Neymar level talent? Doesn’t seem to have that natural way on the ball

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Need to be all over him before someone els snaps him up. We rarely sign players from South America but this guy will turn out to be an 100m player in the future.

tomaldinho1

Need to be all over him before someone els snaps him up. We rarely sign players from South America but this guy will turn out to be an 100m player in the future.
More that we should be on Real to snap up the inevitable losers of trying to fit so many good midfielders/attackers into the same team.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
More that we should be on Real to snap up the inevitable losers of trying to fit so many good midfielders/attackers into the same team.
Ye we should try and sign Rodygo, someone’s going to be unhappy about not starting every week.

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
No he's not a freestyler like Neymar. Vini is closer to Neymar than Endrick.
"Freestyler"

Having great close control and changing directions ability is way more relevant than that term suggests. Moreover, Neymar is much better than Endrick in any technical trait, including finishing, and he already was even in his teens.

Endrick has impressive offensive instincts and timing though; very similar to Mbappé's(but his pace is not even close, of course). In truth, I can't see them working well together, given they operate in very similar zones and in very similar ways.

SER19

Madrid have already signed him. Joins this summer

Marwood

I'm probably being harsh with him being 17 and scoring at Wembley.

BUT.....he milked the shit out of that tap in.

JogaBonitoRooney

"Freestyler"

Having great close control and changing directions ability is way more relevant than that term suggests. Moreover, Neymar is much better than Endrick in any technical trait, including finishing, and he already was even in his teens.

Endrick has impressive offensive instincts and timing though; very similar to Mbappé's(but his pace is not even close, of course). In truth, I can't see them working well together, given they operate in very similar zones and in very similar ways.
I'm saying Neymar is more skillful than Endrick as well as a better player than Endrick at the same age. I'm also saying Vini is closer to Neymar's traits than Endrick.

I don't use freestyler as an insult.

Wilt

Physically footballers come in all shapes and sizes, but I can’t think of any top footballer so muscular at his age.

If his thighs get any bigger, which they most likely will, how the feck will he be able to run?

He‘s built like a weightlifter ….probably not the ideal physical attribute for a footballer.

Wilt

He'll just crush opponents heads between his thighs like a watermelon.

Yellow card for me, nothing more
He wouldn’t be able to fit an opponents head between those thighs ….you’d be lucky to squeeze a fag paper between them feckers.

redNATION

Physically footballers come in all shapes and sizes, but I can’t think of any top footballer so muscular at his age.

If his thighs get any bigger, which they most likely will, how the feck will he be able to run?

He‘s built like a weightlifter ….probably not the ideal physical attribute for a footballer.
Didn’t hurt Roberto Carlos, will just give him that extra power on long shots.

tomaldinho1

Assuming he’s not juicing and trying to get huge, they won’t be able to grow much more. It’s more proportionally they look big because of his height as well - I remember Modric when he was younger had huge legs and he’s not someone you’d think of as explosive.