Brazilian Wonderkido - Endrick

Endrick vs Botafogo (leaders of Brasileiro Série A)
90 minutes.
2 goals.
2/2 long balls.
6/8 ground duels won.
4 fouls won.
3 dribbles.
1 pre assist.
Leads Palmeiras’ comeback from 0-3 down to a 4-3 win

What a talent that boy is! Among adult men he looked today like he was from another planet. Romario with Roberto Carlos' body and Adriano's left foot.
Give Madrid a couple of years and we will something special.
Incredible at his age.

MassVolto

Supports
Milan
Better than Neymar at his age.

I don't know tbh. Is he?
I don't get the hype really to be honest especially if you compare him to Vini or Rodrygo at the same age he doesn't really leave you with a similar impression. He also seems to be a bit heavy for his age which should raise some concerns..

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Botafogo might become one of the biggest bottlers ever in football history. They had a massive points advantage and the big teams were losing more points than in previous seasons and they just couldn't finish it.
But to be honest, Botafogo squad was punching above their skill, their squad is not good enough for top 6, never mind wining the title.

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
Better than Neymar at his age.

I don't know tbh. Is he?
Endrick has had very little game time this year, just like Neymar in 2009, so it's hard to say who was better at 16-17. Neymar started playing constantly in 2010 and had a massive impact immediately. Next year we'll be able to respond better, but, unfortunately, Endrick will stay here(in Brazil) just until June/July.

But, analyzing the small sample we have, Endrick showed better game reading(I'm not sure if you use this expression in English) and vision than Neymar at the same age, but nothing close regarding dribbling. Both are similar in finishing.

I can't post media, but I recommend you to watch his all touches against Santos on youtube; it was a good display of his all-around skills.

Alex_89

Supports
FC Porto
Botafogo might become one of the biggest bottlers ever in football history. They had a massive points advantage and the big teams were losing more points than in previous seasons and they just couldn't finish it.
But to be honest, Botafogo squad was punching above their skill, their squad is not good enough for top 6, never mind wining the title.
The bottlejob continues, 2 more games lost, with the lastest going from 3-1 to 3-4.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The point is obvious. Utd will remain an attractive destination no matter how much some of you negative nancies pretend otherwise. Every single season I have to read about how “x will never join us” only for them then to join or another superstar to join. It’s just a nonsense overly negative angle which basically has absolutely no semblance of reality. Before you bother responding I know that doesn’t mean you win them all (no club does) but pretending we have zero pull is just so far from the truth.
Sure, we're like a stupid sugar daddy that always go for the 6s

Ekeke

Endrick vs Botafogo (leaders of Brasileiro Série A)
90 minutes.
2 goals.
2/2 long balls.
6/8 ground duels won.
4 fouls won.
3 dribbles.
1 pre assist.
Leads Palmeiras’ comeback from 0-3 down to a 4-3 win

What a talent that boy is! Among adult men he looked today like he was from another planet. Romario with Roberto Carlos' body and Adriano's left foot.
Give Madrid a couple of years and we will see something special.

owlo

Thought he'd signed a precontract for Madrid 6 months or so ago?

Dr. StrangeHate

Didn't Real buy him already? I think we were interested at one point but obviously the player had no interest in joining us
Surely Real Madrid can be reported to the International court of justice for snatching Brazilian kids all over the place.

owlo

Endrick has had very little game time this year, just like Neymar in 2009, so it's hard to say who was better at 16-17. Neymar started playing constantly in 2010 and had a massive impact immediately. Next year we'll be able to respond better, but, unfortunately, Endrick will stay here(in Brazil) just until June/July.

But, analyzing the small sample we have, Endrick showed better game reading(I'm not sure if you use this expression in English) and vision than Neymar at the same age, but nothing close regarding dribbling. Both are similar in finishing.

I can't post media, but I recommend you to watch his all touches against Santos on youtube; it was a good display of his all-around skills.
Nice post! What do you think of Vitor Roque so far?

Ish

Lights on for Luke

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He looks incredible. It’ll be refreshing to see a shorter striker who can carry the ball as opposed to all these oafy robots everyone has upfront now.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Very impressive.

But he does look quite chubby doesnt he?
Is he known for being a top professional or are there problems in this regard?
Still a kid and he has a thick build. Think the bigger issue might be whether he can make that transition and live up to the expectations. Took Vini some time and Rodrygo only been a regular this season. Not that we expect Endrick to immediately start firing but it could turn out like Reinier.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He looks really good. Don't usually buy into the hype of all the Brazilian youngsters but as soon as I saw the clips you could see he was special. A few seem to question his build but I think that could serve him well in transitioning quicker and, being a shorter player, could be an asset to him. The likes of Rooney, Aguero and Hazard were similar.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
You need to see this as well he did couple matches back:

Vitor Roque looks good but Endrick looks ridiculous. Only based on a limited amount of highlights but Endrick does look special.

KeanoMagicHat

Real Madrid are gonna be stupidly strong with him, the other two Brazilians and Bellingham. Might not need Mbappé.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He's going to be one of those players who is absolutely nightmarish to mark, or even track.

By the by: all of the greatest of all time were this guy's height or below and of similarish build in that short and stocky way. Pele, Maradona and Messi all a whisker away from each other in height, and all with that same stupid amount of explosion and difficulty to keep contained from a standing start.

No idea where this kid's potential lays in the above regard, but that's the build of the, truest greatness in the game.

I should imagine if this kid gets the drop on a defence, that's literally it until the conclusion of the play i.e. him doing what he wants be it a shot, pass or run.

A modern reference point of not so lofty standing could be the youngest version Aguero, who was absolutely ridiculous inside the box and with his mazy runs inside the penalty area that nearly always ended up with him getting his shot off.

Definitely one to watch. Hopefully, injuries have no say in his organic trajectory.

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
Nice post! What do you think of Vitor Roque so far?
Vitor Roque is physically similar to Endrick(he's a year older), but less technical and not as much involved in playmaking. His playing style is a bit similar to Mbappé's(not as fast, of course).

Endrick is definitely the bigger talent. I once thought that he was just a boy whose body evolved faster and use it to take advantage over the other kids, but he prove me wrong, very wrong. His intelligence, vision and technique are very very impressive for a 16/17 years old kid; his mentality looks very impressive too.

Last edited:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
That first touch feint was ridiculously good. That's the kind of inventiveness and speed of mind you usually associate with Pelé. Not only the ability aspect (being able to pull it off technically) but also the awareness it takes to realize that you can use that move in this particular situation. In generel, his movement patterns and frame are very reminiscent of Pelé. Looking forward to seeing him develop, great talent :)

Hoof the ball

He looks superb. Madrid’s stock piling of the best talent is annoying as always. Oh well at least it’s not City or Liverpool snapping such a major talent up.
It's annoying. As odious a club as Barca are on the executive side of things, at least Barca are promoting their own. Fati, Gavi, Fermin, Yamal, Balde, etc.

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
I know it's a Endrick thread, but just to mention other very promising brazilian players:

Marcos Leonardo(Santos) - very good finisher. Not really a dribbler or playmaker, but extremely effective at finding space and scoring. He plays for one of the worst teams this year and yet is one of the top scorers in Brasileirão).

Beraldo(São Paulo) - a defender with the technique of a 10. Great touch, pressing resistance and passing. He's a bit slow, but has a very good defensive awareness and positioning. More a City type of player tbh.

Pablo Maia(São Paulo) - similar to Casemiro(not the current form); great defensively and has a nice shot from mid range.

Luis Guilherme(Palmeiras) - left-footed winger; one of the best dribblers of the new harvest(Angelo is also very good).

Kevin(Palmeiras) - a playmaker who operates on the left wing; great dribbling, crossing and link up plays.

Righteous Steps

I know it's a Endrick thread, but just to mention other very promising brazilian players:

Marcos Leonardo(Santos) - very good finisher. Not really a dribbler or playmaker, but extremely effective at finding space and scoring. He plays for one of the worst teams this year and yet is one of the top scorers in Brasileirão).

Beraldo(São Paulo) - a defender with the technique of a 10. Great touch, pressing resistance and passing. He's a bit slow, but has a very good defensive awareness and positioning. More a City type of player tbh.

Pablo Maia(São Paulo) - similar to Casemiro(not the current form); great defensively and has a nice shot from mid range.

Luis Guilherme(Palmeiras) - left-footed winger; one of the best dribblers of the new harvest(Angelo is also very good).

Kevin(Palmeiras) - a playmaker who operates on the left wing; great dribbling, crossing and link up plays.
What’s your opinion on Estevao Willian, overall and in comparison to Endrick.