Television Breaking Bad

R. Lim

Bit of a slow episode this week, in contrast to last week.

For such a genius, Walt can be a fecking idiot/asshole at times.

Getting those 3 women to help him clean, what was ever going to be the outcome of that apart from them getting fecked over?
Buying Walt Jr the car too, I mean come on, that was seriously retarded.

The car wash story is boring me a bit, I actually prefer the Mike and Jesse story right now I think.

It'd also have been nice to see some Hank in it.
You love to hate some, and you hate to love some, never on one extreme. That's what makes the show so appealing - the characters are as real as they can get.

I'd love to see more of what's going on in Jesse's head. He's in a messy situation, but what seems to be going on in his head is far worse.

And yeah, lack of Hank. Would've been nice to see how he took Walt's comments over dinner.

kps88

Is there a double episode this week? I'm seeing two episodes to download for some reason, 7 and 8.

twitter thread suggester
Hank. Super cop.

Oh and Walt is really starting to annoy me. I'm rooting for everyone but him.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Hank you star, in 10 minutes you just redeemed yourself to me!

kps88

Can someone remind me:

What's Gus' beef with the Cartel? What is it that they want from him?

Gambit

Can someone remind me:

What's Gus' beef with the Cartel? What is it that they want from him?
Depends which Cartel, he had some of the major players taking out by the DEA last year. Mostly I'd imagine it would be the fact though that he's no longer sourcing his goods from Mexico, cutting them out completley, meaning they are losing out on 100's of millions.

kps88

Depends which Cartel, he had some of the major players taking out by the DEA last year. Mostly I'd imagine it would be the fact though that he's no longer sourcing his goods from Mexico, cutting them out completley, meaning they are losing out on 100's of millions.
Right so when in the last episode that guy told Gus something like "you know exactly what we want" and asked for a yes or no answer, we still haven't been told exactly what that is?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
What a fecking episode. Hank is a star. I liked Walt better when he was smart and always thinking ahead whereas now he's becoming more and more obsessed with Gus. Also the scene with Jesse and the group therapy meeting was amazing.

Gambit

Right so when in the last episode that guy told Gus something like "you know exactly what we want" and asked for a yes or no answer, we still haven't been told exactly what that is?
Correct.
Unless it's that uncle of Tucco behind it all, which means they want Walts balls.

Gambit

What a fecking episode. Hank is a star. I liked Walt better when he was smart and always thinking ahead whereas now he's becoming more and more obsessed with Gus. Also the scene with Jesse and the group therapy meeting was amazing.
Fantastic actor, see a bright future for him after this I also expect Walt to start redeeming himself to us soon.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Probably been mentioned already but AMC has renewed Bad for one more season. Great show, best on US tv right now.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Correct.
Unless it's that uncle of Tucco behind it all, which means they want Walts balls.
Yeah, I don't know whether it's Tucco's uncle behind it all (he's dead actually, isn't he?) but I thought it was strongly hinted they wanted Walt. They could want him to cook meth for them rather than kill him, though? Wouldn't think so but wouldn't rule it out.

Cina

What an episode that was

I agree with the above, Walt is really pissing me off lately with his stupid decisions and being a dick in general.

Aaron Paul is just brilliant.

The last scene with Hank was awesome.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Just started watching this, so far a bit depressing with his cancer etc..

Gambit

Fecking awesome episode.
Remember when Tucco was going to take them to Mexico, I wonder if it's the same cartel.

Also Skyler is now officially ace.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Another stella episode. Things are starting to unravel nicely.

the geezer that plays Mike is a fecking fantastic actor.

Gambit

Damn, next season is the final season.

Zen

....yeah. Looks like Gus and Mikes plan got slightly ruined at the end there.

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
feck never even noticed that

RedLars

Didn't notice that either! I've rewatched it a couple of times, and it happens very quickly, but it seems like it's a definite "hint" of what they were planning. I would imagine most people never catch that though!

Edit: Reading around a bit, it seems a lot of people think that wasn't about to happen at all, even when seeing it slow motion. I disagree.

Decide for yourself

vuc

First Team Serb

....yeah. Looks like Gus and Mikes plan got slightly ruined at the end there.
I saw that, but I thought that was just Mike getting his gun out cause he spotted that attacker first. I would have thought they would rather keep Jesse than Walt - seeing as he was able to cook the meth sufficiently at the Cartel's lab.

Edit: Just looked and it's clear Mike is facing the wrong way from the attacker. Mike, Gus.. You son's of bitches.

twitter thread suggester
Nah, I'm not buying it.

They'd have made it far more obvious if it was the case.

Zen

I hate having to use these spoiler tags since everyone coming in here right now has obviously seen it but whatev

I think they simply used Jesse to not only get to the cartel, but to give them the final details they needed on cooking the meth which cameras didn't give them, and you have to believe that now he's killed the Don, Gus probably owns those Mexicans chemists anyway by defacto. They want to kill Walt, now they can(could of had it gone through actually), and well Gus is too smart to have a loose cannon like Jesse around.