Television Breaking Bad

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
So I finished the first episode and halfway through the second one. I can see the potential with a few funny moments but I'm a little depressed and feel bad for the guy.

Is it going to get better
Stick with it.. episode 6 is too epic to miss, am on Season 2 at the moment. Anna Gunn looks retarded in that pic^.. very weird looking woman although she has something about her in the sex scenes with Walt.

RedLars

Boardwalk Empire underwhelmed me a little, I have to say.

If you're looking for good comedy, Bored to Death is great, it's worth it for Ted Danson alone.
BE seems to divide people. It's not as good as Breaking Bad for me, but I thought it was one of the better new shows.

And great rec with Bored To Death! Was a big fan of both Galafiniakis and Schwartzman (mostly from his Wes Anderson movies) before the show, but Ted Danson completely owns it. Absolutely magnificent!

I just wish they had made a few more episodes each season, seeing how short they are too. It really is an overlooked gem. Comes in not too far behind Arrested Development for me.

Cina

Skylar, Rita and Leila were 3 incredibly annoying characters.
Betty Draper from Mad Men is worse than all 3 combined, despite being super hot.

And great rec with Bored To Death! Was a big fan of both Galafiniakis and Schwartzman (mostly from his Wes Anderson movies) before the show, but Ted Danson completely owns it. Absolutely magnificent!

I just wish they had made a few more episodes each season, seeing how short they are too. It really is an overlooked gem. Comes in not too far behind Arrested Development for me.
It's fantastic isn't it? In a way I'm glad they keep it short, I couldn't see them having enough material to make 12+ episodes and as it is the story moves at a nice pace per episode and the private detective plot-lines always feel in some way fresh and related.

Ahem, sorry, back to BB...

Cole9

Premiere date for Breaking Bad season 4: Sunday, July 17.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet

Just over a month to go, can't wait.

wr8_utd

:'(
It's been such a long wait. Less than 24 hours to download the episode :D

wr8_utd

:'(
So...pretty decent episode. You get the feeling it'll all explode soon enough.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
Yes another good episode, although if I have one criticism it moved very slowly. Even the scenes where nothing was happening were glacially slow.

I didn't see the murder coming, still don't really know what that achieved.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
That sequence was great. I wish the whole episode was just them sitting in the lab and their story with no other detours. Would have made it much more intense.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Yes another good episode, although if I have one criticism it moved very slowly. Even the scenes where nothing was happening were glacially slow.

I didn't see the murder coming, still don't really know what that achieved.
Mike told Gus that the guy was spotted by witnesses at the crime scene. Killing him in front of Jesse and Walt was a standard show of force.

I didn't quite realize the part about being spotted until later, though I did note that it was strange for him to just show up at the crime scene and act the way he did to draw suspicion to himself.

I actually liked how slow the episode moved because it built up the tension pretty well. It's always possible to overdo it, but I don't think this crossed the line.

What I also like was that for most of the show, Gus and Jesse didn't say a word (Gus until just before he left the plant and Jesse until they were cleaning up the body) but there was that moment where they locked eyes and fully understood each other, like Jesse was mentioning at the end of the show.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Mike told Gus that the guy was spotted by witnesses at the crime scene. Killing him in front of Jesse and Walt was a standard show of force.

I didn't quite realize the part about being spotted until later, though I did note that it was strange for him to just show up at the crime scene and act the way he did to draw suspicion to himself.

I actually liked how slow the episode moved because it built up the tension pretty well. It's always possible to overdo it, but I don't think this crossed the line.

What I also like was that for most of the show, Gus and Jesse didn't say a word (Gus until just before he left the plant and Jesse until they were cleaning up the body) but there was that moment where they locked eyes and fully understood each other, like Jesse was mentioning at the end of the show.
Liked that too, I think it's fantastic that they can create so much tension without some of the characters even saying a word.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Cracking episode, boy am I glad this is back.

Cina

Good start...

Bit too much Skylar for my liking but I guess she's a pivotal character so it needs to be.
Some great scenes though.
Saul scanning his office for bugs :lol:
Loved the bit with the hydraulic acid and Jesse's little nod back to the bath incident in season 1.

That scene with Gus stole it though, he's a great villain and that scene was so tense and although nothing actually happened until he killed the guy and it was so drawn out, it was just gripping the whole time. No show does that like Breaking Bad.

feck me though, they've always gotten away with some really heavy violence on this for a TV-14 show. AMC seem to have their own limits in comparison to the other channels.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I love how everything has consequences in this. In many other shows they bring in a storyline, it ends, a character maybe has a cry and they move on. They could easily have skipped something like Hank's rehabilitation, or made less of it, but they're showing us in quite gruelling detail how hard it is for him and how he's changed. Same with the deaths of Gale and Victor, theres been a big impact on everyone. Gus distancing himself, Walt buying the gun, Jesse trying to drown out the ringing in his ears and Mike clearly a bit messed up too. It's very well done, and because there are such consequences it makes each big thing that happens have even more impact on the viewer.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Your point about Hank is spot on. Really good that they are doing this since the shoot out with cousins was a very big thing. If he had just recovered just like that from that shooting, it would have been super heroic especially given how those two were built up.

Cina

I love how everything has consequences in this. In many other shows they bring in a storyline, it ends, a character maybe has a cry and they move on. They could easily have skipped something like Hank's rehabilitation, or made less of it, but they're showing us in quite gruelling detail how hard it is for him and how he's changed. Same with the deaths of Gale and Victor, theres been a big impact on everyone. Gus distancing himself, Walt buying the gun, Jesse trying to drown out the ringing in his ears and Mike clearly a bit messed up too. It's very well done, and because there are such consequences it makes each big thing that happens have even more impact on the viewer.
you could also argue that they completely bailed on the cancer plot just to keep the show going longer. Walt's miraculous recovery pissed me off.