Television Breaking Bad

Biscuit1871

They show it on five USA, but it really deserves a much more prominent slot, like primetime, C4.

kietotheworld

I've watched all this this month, just got it on a whim, didn't really know what it was about. It's absolutely superb.

Cina

It's brilliant when you discover a whole series as good as this, so late in the day. Those first 3 episodes were as good as any tv I've watched all year.

Does it keep up this standard for a whole 3 series? Happy days if it even gets close.
I would say that it dips a little bit in the second series at times, but the 3rd series is just absolutely magnificent the whole way through.

Skylar will continue to be an utter cnut though.

kietotheworld

I'd say it improves. Of course there are a couple of poor episodes during the three series, but the general standard doesn't drop at all.

wr8_utd

:'(
It's brilliant when you discover a whole series as good as this, so late in the day. Those first 3 episodes were as good as any tv I've watched all year.

Does it keep up this standard for a whole 3 series? Happy days if it even gets close.
You liked those first 3 episodes? They were all right. It gets far better :drool:

RedLars

It manages to keep the tension more or less throughout, the only bad thing I've got to say is the season two final one of the most anticlimatic endings I've ever seen. Huge disappointment from an otherwise brilliant show.

You've got a lot to look forward to! Season three may be my favourite of the lot. I don't think I've ever been more on the edge of my seat than what I was during episode 7 (of s3).

Laphroaig

I'd say it gets darker and/or better. Third is better than second is better than first. The best thing since Wire, indeed.

Hm, 2 being better than 1 is debatable. It becomes less of a black comedy, and more of a drama. The characters grow, it's a good thing.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I thought this was bumped for the new season.

I'm going to hurt you evra, I'm going to hurt you a lot.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
I had no idea you were all on such tenterhooks! Just watched the ep where they got stuck in the Winnebago and the battery died. It reminded me of my favourite Sopranos ep where they get stuck out in the wintry forest chasing that Russian. I'm amazed at the quantity of good tv drama coming out of America compared to the dross we get lumbered with.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Bryan Cranston's acting is beyond amazing in this series. It's probably the best character I've ever seen.

MacMUFC

Cant believe its the same bloke from Malcolm in the middle.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I know. That's all I kept thinking of during that first episode.

I don't think I've ever 'connected' with a character as much as Walt.

Probably not connected actually, never been so interested.

MacMUFC

I know. That's all I kept thinking of during that first episode.

I don't think I've ever 'connected' with a character as much as Walt.

Probably not connected actually, never been so interested.
Thing is, I didnt even know it was him until I did a IMDB search for Bryan Cranston. I honestly thought there was some kind of mistake when I noticed Malcolm in the Middle was listed in his filmography, which I was actually a fan of when I was younger (although not quite a religous fanatic). It really blew my mind, superb actor, but Pinkman is my favourite character in the show.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
Thing is, I didnt even know it was him until I did a IMDB search for Bryan Cranston. I honestly thought there was some kind of mistake when I noticed Malcolm in the Middle was listed in his filmography, which I was actually a fan of when I was younger (although not quite a religous fanatic). It really blew my mind, superb actor, but Pinkman is my favourite character in the show.
But he's a complete twat.

kietotheworld

I just find him incredibly frustrating because he's a complete moron. Also is the kid that plays the learning disabled son actually disabled or is he acting?
It's not a learning disability as far as I know, and he does have cerebral palsy in real life, but he exaggerates it for the show.

forevrared

Season 3 was fan-fecking-tastic. Some brilliant sub-plots all the way through. I love how it ended as well, can't wait to see where they go with the show from here.

forevrared

For anyone who's seen all of season 3:

Do you think it's cut and dry that the gunshot was Jesse killing Gale? Or is there any chance someone got there in time and shot Jesse? I don't really see how the show could go on with him dead - they'd kill Walt then - but it'd be quite the twist.

kietotheworld

Eh? It is a physical disability rather than a learning one, it's nothing to do with being PC. I expect a lot of people with cerebral palsy would get pretty offended if you said that, not that that was your intent of course.

kietotheworld

CP and Down Syndrome are often referred to euphemistically as learning disabilities, Kieran.
I think that's pretty unfair as most people with CP don't have learning difficulties, I've never heard the whole thing referred to as that. In any case, this isn't the thread (or indeed the forum) to be debating the correct terminology with which to refer to disabled people.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
That's sort of the best part about his acting. It's a complete disconnect between Hal and Walt and it's like they're two completely different people. Absolutely fantastic.

I actually do like the Jesse Pinkman character as well, especially considering how much it's grown, even though he is a bit of a twat.

Odenkirk's character might be my favourite though. He's fantastic at being comedic one second and completely serious in the next.

AllhailManUtd

Manchester United need a minor miracle now, they'r
For anyone who's seen all of season 3:

Do you think it's cut and dry that the gunshot was Jesse killing Gale? Or is there any chance someone got there in time and shot Jesse? I don't really see how the show could go on with him dead - they'd kill Walt then - but it'd be quite the twist.
I read an interview with vince gilligan where he said that gale is most definitely dead

Is it normal to really fecking hate Skylar?
Hate the bitch.

Cina

I actually do like the Jesse Pinkman character as well, especially considering how much it's grown, even though he is a bit of a twat.
I think Pinkman is brilliant, I think it's almost been an opposite to him in comparison to Walt. Walt has gotten more 'evil' if you will, and settled into this new role where as Jesse has tried to get out.

Is it normal to really fecking hate Skylar?
Yeah, most people I know hate her. I'm not sure she's written in that feel, but it feels to me as if she's the main nemesis in the show, her cuntishness got worse and worse as it went on.