Television Breaking Bad

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Bryan Cranston's acting is beyond amazing in this series. It's probably the best character I've ever seen.
I agree with this. I cannot think of an actor who portrays a role on TV as well as him.

Such a feat of his to be able to separate himself from his Malcolm in the Middle character. He could have been in real danger to be typecast

MacMUFC

That's sort of the best part about his acting. It's a complete disconnect between Hal and Walt and it's like they're two completely different people. Absolutely fantastic.

I actually do like the Jesse Pinkman character as well, especially considering how much it's grown, even though he is a bit of a twat.

Odenkirk's character might be my favourite though. He's fantastic at being comedic one second and completely serious in the next.
But he's a complete twat.
I just think he's a brilliant. Being a twat is what makes him the great character he is.

I assume Odenkirk is Saul(sp?) Goodman? Yeah, he's my favourite after Pinkman and then Walt.

Cina

Yeah he's Saul.

I think Hank is a great character too.

Actually the only one I don't like is Skylar, she's such a cnut.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I love Jesse in this, you need him to provide that contrast to Walt, and his role in the drug world. You need a man like Jesse, more of a street character who can provide that link to the underworld, plus he plays his role perfectly. I think the chemistry between those two has been fantastic. He does twattish things, but is it any less then you expect from him?

I like how he has grown as well, from the first episode to where he is, how he has coped with his setbacks, but it's a transformation which doesn't have an end in sight, you think he is growing into a better, complete person and that's it, and then he's back to square one.

I've never in my life seen the range of facial expressions, and just facial expressions used to express a point, or a line...It's unreal. The Wire did this very well at times, and at times over-did it, but there is something mesmerizing about Walt.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
I don't know whether I've developed into a misogynist but it seems to me that all these dramas have an awful woman in them, I think I loathe Skyler at least as much as I did Carmela Soprano. Oh and I cannot understand the interest in Pinkman as a character, he's just a total dunce who Walt should have abandoned the moment he got involved with Gus' business. I understand how he's necessary to the storyline but he's the worst type of wigger yo, bitch....

Anyway it's a terrific show and I'm completely hooked, I can't believe I've wasted time watching tripe like Californication when this was around the whole time.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I don't know whether I've developed into a misogynist but it seems to me that all these dramas have an awful woman in them, I think I loathe Skyler at least as much as I did Carmela Soprano. Oh and I cannot understand the interest in Pinkman as a character, he's just a total dunce who Walt should have abandoned the moment he got involved with Gus' business. I understand how he's necessary to the storyline but he's the worst type of wigger yo, bitch....

Anyway it's a terrific show and I'm completely hooked, I can't believe I've wasted time watching tripe like Californication when this was around the whole time.
Leave Carm out of this. In fact arent you the guy you hated Rita in Dexter too.

Damn you :mad:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Skylar did get slightly less annoying in the last 4 or 5 episodes to be fair, thought it was setting things up nicely for her story arc.

Cranston's just outstanding.

Bear Attack

Can anybody fill me in on how the studio actually proceeded to cast Bryan Canston? I would only assume that an auditioning process was a prerequisite for that part or else I cannot for the life of me, fathom the idea of the producers waking up and saying, "Hey, let's cast that man from Malcolm in the Middle."

Cina

He was brilliant in Malcolm in the Middle though, played Hal the crazy dad really well, and was the shows only saving grace in latter seasons.

RedLars

He was brilliant in Malcolm in the Middle though, played Hal the crazy dad really well, and was the shows only saving grace in latter seasons.
:nono: Don't forget Dewey! He and Hal were always the highlights of the show, especially when they shared plots and scenes.

That said, I agree with you, Cranston was brilliant in MITM as well, and I was really excited to watch BB when I first heard it was him in it. I mean, John Lithgow pulled it off, so why wouldn't Cranston? And obviously, he did.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can anybody fill me in on how the studio actually proceeded to cast Bryan Canston? I would only assume that an auditioning process was a prerequisite for that part or else I cannot for the life of me, fathom the idea of the producers waking up and saying, "Hey, let's cast that man from Malcolm in the Middle."
Vince Gilligan had already cast Cranston on a show he worked on before Breaking Bad and knew of his acting range it seems.

Biscuit1871

I thought all the main characters in Malcolm in the Middle, minus Malcolm, were really well played.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
Skylar did get slightly less annoying in the last 4 or 5 episodes to be fair, thought it was setting things up nicely for her story arc.
I think the writers realised that she was coming across as too much of a psycho bitch, and that all of the viewers hated her, so they eased off in the latest episodes.

Cina

I love that scene. What's the bit where Jesse ends up saying, "what, like a robot?" or something, I think it's in that episode. Cracks me up

EDIT: here it is :lol:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Was reading through this thread and realised 'Hal from MITM' is in it.. holy crap balls, am watching the first episode at the moment, loving it thus far. Rather like Arrested Development, its living up to the hype.

RedLars

I don't know what to watch now, any suggestions?
I haven't been able to find anything relatively new, or that I haven't watched, that comes near the quality of this, so I would like suggestions as well. Well, Boardwalk Empire is probably the closest.

And why the heck does the fourth season of Breaking Bad start in the middle of the summer? Who watches TV over the summer? Not that it matters for me though, as with these short-season shows I always wait for a season to finish before doing it all in a day or two.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
I haven't been able to find anything relatively new, or that I haven't watched, that comes near the quality of this, so I would like suggestions as well. Well, Boardwalk Empire is probably the closest.

And why the heck does the fourth season of Breaking Bad start in the middle of the summer? Who watches TV over the summer? Not that it matters for me though, as with these short-season shows I always wait for a season to finish before doing it all in a day or two.
Seen it unfortunately, it's stupid of me to ask for suggestions because it would have to be something off the beaten track in order for it to be new to me.

Cina

Boardwalk Empire underwhelmed me a little, I have to say.

If you're looking for good comedy, Bored to Death is great, it's worth it for Ted Danson alone.

forevrared

Curb Your Enthusiasm is another brilliant comedy that seems to still fly under the radar all these years after it first came out.

forevrared

Over here at least. Still pretty regularly have people talking about this 'new' show they found when it's been out for 10+ years.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Just finished Ep 6 of season 1,
when he blows the joint out to get revenge for Jesse.
Bad Ass haha.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
So I finished the first episode and halfway through the second one. I can see the potential with a few funny moments but I'm a little depressed and feel bad for the guy.

Is it going to get better