Television Breaking Bad

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Can't remember exactly when as I haven't watched it in ages but I definitely turned on Walt for a while. I think it may have been when he needlessly killed Mike.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Rewatching this at the moment...

At what point did everyone start to turn on Walt?
Haven't watched it in a while but I think around when he effectively let Jesse's girlfriend die. After then it was a case of 'let's see if he redeems himself'.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Mike wasn't exactly innocent, and he'd done plenty of bad shit before that.

Letting Jane die was a big moment.

Minkaro

A better question, when did everybody turn on Skyler?
About three episodes in, I think. Some of my tweets about it popped up on Timehop not long ago, as I marathoned the first few seasons, and my "Skyler is really annoying" tweet came very early on.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
He did some terrible things in the earlier seasons (Jane and Gale especially) but you could always kinda understand why he did them and he usually had the best interests of his close ones in mind. Mike's death seemed to me like it was the first time he needlessly killed someone that he was friends with at one point. It was also around that time when you could see his mindset was changing and he was no longer doing it just to provide for his family.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Rewatching this at the moment...

At what point did everyone start to turn on Walt?
The first part of season 5 for me. Like sausages said, that was the point for me when you realize he was no longer doing this for his family. Part 1 of season 5 actually took some of the gloss off Breaking Bad for me. Part 2 made me love it again. That being said, if I re-watched the show again I'd prolly really like those first 8 eplisodes of season 5. Just at the time, Walt's personality shift seemed too severe and pointless to me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Might be wrong but I don't think I was ever fully against him. As far as I was concerned he could kill anyone on the show and I'd still kind of be rooting for him.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
"I'm the one that knocks!" Or whatever the actual quote was..
That's definitely a good call on pinning down a point.

I think we started seeing a shift in his mentality when he was giving Junior the tequila.

SirAF

Ageist
I've just started season 5. My God Skyler is annoying!

Oh, and Jesse is an idiot. His growing consience is tedious as feck.

Last edited:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Might be wrong but I don't think I was ever fully against him. As far as I was concerned he could kill anyone on the show and I'd still kind of be rooting for him.
Agreed. I'd been through too much with Walt to ditch him, even when it became clear he had been completely corrupted.

SirAF

Ageist
Although I had sympathy with Jesse when he screamed "HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!", completely at the end of his rope.

Look at the state of him :lol::

I'm at the end of the episode where they arrested Walt in the desert. And I bloody hate Jesse atm :lol:

saivet

Made my decision. I'm watching this again, starting from tonight. Considered watching The Wire again as it's free (Sky box sets) but I watched that less than a year ago. Been nearly three years since I watched Breaking Bad and while my memory of what happened in it, is hazy, but I know it was fecking awesome.

I should say, this a pretty big step for me. I almost never watch a film twice given the choice, never mind a tv show with 60 episodes.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Made my decision. I'm watching this again, starting from tonight. Considered watching The Wire again as it's free (Sky box sets) but I watched that less than a year ago. Been nearly three years since I watched Breaking Bad and while my memory of what happened in it, is hazy, but I know it was fecking awesome.

I should say, this a pretty big step for me. I almost never watch a film twice given the choice, never mind a tv show with 60 episodes.
Good choice. I've done it as well, last summer. You're not going to regret it

saivet

Just watch season 2 episode 12.

Feck, never realised it was Walt that killed Jane. I thought he just came in and happened to see her die.

Never noticed has she told Jesse to go on his side (in an earlier scene) so he doesn't choke. Walt knocked her over, albeit accidentally but made made no attempt to put her back on her side. Fecckkk.

Last edited:

SirAF

Ageist

Feck, never realised it was Walt that killed Jane. I thought he just came in and happened to see her die.

Never noticed has she told Jesse to go on his side (in an earlier scene) so he doesn't choke. Walt knocked her over, albeit accidentally but made made no attempt to put her back on her side. Fecckkk.
I don't think you need spoilers ;) But yeah, riveting stuff!

saivet

It was so obvious watching it second time around, but I never realised when I first watched.

Didn't think I'd enjoy it so much second time around.

saivet

Just started rewatching today. How anyone can say Season One is slow is beyond me.
Was exactly what I was thinking. Think someone in the Better Call Saul thread said season 1 of BB is just as slow. Absolute nonsense watching it backm

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Wait, is everyone on the caf rewatching BB at the moment?