Television Breaking Bad

Yagami

Good post resistant
Right up there as one of the best shows I've ever watched but still don't feel the urge to rewatch it. Maybe because it was such a rollercoaster of a show and that i know a rewatch just won't grip me as much as it did and don't want to "ruin" the initial experience.

I think I turned on Walt around the time he got Gus and it was revealed that he poisoned the child (I forget his/her name and gender!). I think it was a boy. Anyway, it was between that and when he, Jesse and Mike started teaming with Walt becoming big-headed, condescending to everyone, and pretty much thinking he was Tony Montana. I say "turned" but I still didn't want him caught or to die. It was more of a realisation that this guy is indeed a massive dick, though he wasn't exactly innocent before and had some dickish moments. He just took it to another level.

Though, by the last few episodes (especially when pleading for Hank's life) I started to warm to him again. He was my favourite character throughout, but I mean "warm" as in thinking there's still some decency in him beyond obviously caring for Skyler/Walt Jr/Lily(?).

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Right up there as one of the best shows I've ever watched but still don't feel the urge to rewatch it. Maybe because it was such a rollercoaster of a show and that i know a rewatch just won't grip me as much as it did and don't want to "ruin" the initial experience.

I think I turned on Walt around the time he got Gus and it was revealed that he poisoned the child (I forget his/her name and gender!). I think it was a boy. Anyway, it was between that and when he, Jesse and Mike started teaming with Walt becoming big-headed, condescending to everyone, and pretty much thinking he was Tony Montana. I say "turned" but I still didn't want him caught or to die. It was more of a realisation that this guy is indeed a massive dick, though he wasn't exactly innocent before and had some dickish moments. He just took it to another level.

Though, by the last few episodes (especially when pleading for Hank's life) I started to warm to him again. He was my favourite character throughout, but I mean "warm" as in thinking there's still some decency in him beyond obviously caring for Skyler/Walt Jr/Lily(?).

I thought the same for ages, however it is definitely worth a rewatch. Bed bound all week after surgery so I'm just smashing through it. Done 2 seasons in 2 days.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I thought the same for ages, however it is definitely worth a rewatch. Bed bound all week after surgery so I'm just smashing through it. Done 2 seasons in 2 days.
Hope you're on the mend. The celebrations of winning the league got out of hand? :p

Before I even consider rewatching it I need to finish The Wire & Dexter first, anyway.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
I enjoyed it just as much the second time I watched it. I'd be looking forward to getting home from work just so I could stick the next episode on.

Incredible show.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
This went over my head. Googled it, and I do not remember Hank saying that. Maybe I do need a rewatch!
A poster here tried to concinve us that Hank's name was actually Isaac Schrader and that Hank was just a nickname.

He was confused by the ASAC (Assistant Special Agent in Charge) Schrader title.

Minkaro

I should really rewatch this one day.

I might have said this before, but I watched the episode Blood Money on a stream while in some sort of Skype-like chatroom with people from another forum (it wasn't Skype, but it was a similar sort of thing). It was amazing seeing people's reactions to the "tread lightly" scene, heads in hands, mouths open, that sort of thing. It's probably my favourite TV watching experience.

Yagami

Good post resistant
A poster here tried to concinve us that Hank's name was actually Isaac Schrader and that Hank was just a nickname.

He was confused by the ASAC (Assistant Special Agent in Charge) Schrader title.
I just went and watched the scene again and I completely forgot he said that. "Isaac" :lol:

That was a great scene and episode in general, though. I wasn't expecting Hank to die and that line about Walter being the smartest guy he's ever known but is too stupid to realise they made their minds up 10 minutes ago was great.
Here's the original "Isaac" post, the reactions are great - https://www.redcafe.net/threads/breaking-bad.237419/page-157#post-14299940
Fun read, thanks! :D

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Already rewatched this with my sisters who had never seen it before.. was amazing the second time round. Don't think I could rewatch it alone, but introducing the show and watching them live through it is a great feeling.

Top 5 show of all time!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Already rewatched this with my sisters who had never seen it before.. was amazing the second time round. Don't think I could rewatch it alone, but introducing the show and watching them live through it is a great feeling.

Top 5 show of all time!

Yeah I'm always envious when I see their reactions when bad shit happens. The car park scene with Salamanca twins etc.

Going to have to rewatch this in 4K when I get my new TV. :drool:

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Never thought of re-watching it, but I think I will now. Just have 60 more episodes of Bilko to watch first.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Just started season 3 of rewatch and i have to ask a question. The show is so good due to its incredibly 3 dimensional characters, all the characters we love are antiheroes and the characters who are "good" we hate (e.g. Skyler).

So what the hell happened with Tuco's cousins? They really are stupid, bland stereotypes and kind of ruin season 3 for me.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
They were definitely poor characters, but the dumbest part about the show was the whole thing with the plane crash and all the episode intros in season two showing flash forwards hinting at something, for it to end like that was ridiculous.

Great show, though.

LuisNaniencia

They were definitely poor characters, but the dumbest part about the show was the whole thing with the plane crash and all the episode intros in season two showing flash forwards hinting at something, for it to end like that was ridiculous.

Great show, though.
Agree the plane crash was pretty OTT but kind of worked for me. The cousins are just eye rollingly cringeworthy in every scene.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Agree the plane crash was pretty OTT but kind of worked for me. The cousins are just eye rollingly cringeworthy in every scene.
I don't know, I thought they played their part well enough. The whole cold as ice, emotionless, killing without hesitation thing worked for me.

The scene where they drop face down to the dirt, along with the rest of the town, and drag themselves up a hill to find a shrine dedicated to Heisenburg was just plain weird though.

LuisNaniencia

I don't know, I thought they played their part well enough. The whole cold as ice, emotionless, killing without hesitation thing worked for me.

The scene where they drop face down to the dirt, along with the rest of the town, and drag themselves up a hill to find a shrine dedicated to Heisenburg was just plain weird though.
I don't think it's a shrine dedicated to Heisenburg, I think they put that picture as there as if looking for luck/favour or something. From google:

They are visiting a shrine of Santa Muerte (Saint Death). In Mexico, she is a popular folk saint/deity who is the patron saint of (among other things) drug dealers and smugglers, and is often invoked to protect against violent death. Traditionally, a worshiper would crawl on his knees on his way to visit the shrine.

It seems views on the cousins are pretty varied, I just found them too clichéd and the fact that they don't talk makes them very limited. Compared to Gus for example who has many facets to his personality.

fellaini's barber

Finally started watching this week's despite errr...reporting it to the authorities very long ago. I stopped reporting at S05E13 so when it abruptly ended there(desert shootout) I went mental like what the feck kind of ending was that. Even came here to vent and found out there were 3 episodes more. That would have been the greatest cliffhanger ever if it did end there. Was kind of underwhelmed with the actual ending though, everything working out so perfectly for Walt

saivet

Currently watching season 5 ep 12 of my rewatch. My gosh, this is so good. Never thought I'd enjoy watching it again as much as I have.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I don't think it's a shrine dedicated to Heisenburg, I think they put that picture as there as if looking for luck/favour or something. From google:

They are visiting a shrine of Santa Muerte (Saint Death). In Mexico, she is a popular folk saint/deity who is the patron saint of (among other things) drug dealers and smugglers, and is often invoked to protect against violent death. Traditionally, a worshiper would crawl on his knees on his way to visit the shrine.

It seems views on the cousins are pretty varied, I just found them too clichéd and the fact that they don't talk makes them very limited. Compared to Gus for example who has many facets to his personality.
I had no idea, thanks for the information.

I've watched the show 3 times from start to finish and I haven't lost interest once, even got the missus hooked during the last playthrough and she pretty much hates anything with violence in it.

SirAF

Ageist
I finished this around March, and I'm already thinking about a rewatch :drool:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
My wife is watching this for the first time. She just watched episode 10 of season 4 when walt loses it completely in the crawler. What a fecking amazing scene to grace the airways!

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
My wife is watching this for the first time. She just watched episode 10 of season 4 when walt loses it completely in the crawler. What a fecking amazing scene to grace the airways!

This scene was TV perfection. Walt's "I'm royally fecked" reaction is priceless. Rage and humiliation, to tears, to maniacal laughter, to sober finality. Add Skyler creeping towards the phone, Marie's panicked call, the ethereal soundtrack, the camera slowly zooming out from side to side, keeping Walt in the frame...

Deleted member 101472

Didn't someone redo every single episode without skylar or Marie in it and it didn't have an effect on the quality of the show?