Television Breaking Bad

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I think the dramatic train scene was to completely throw off any thoughts about the kid at the beginning so nobody is still thinking "Yeah but whats going on with the kid with the spider" and give the ending the maximum shock value.
Completely forgot about that kid. No idea how far into the episode I was in when he showed up again so it didn't ruin anything for me. Shock value still there.

Ginger man has some balls on him. That was cold. I figured a kid driving around the desert on his own is exactly the type to keep his mouth shut but I guess you can't take that chance and it probably won't be chocked up as murder. It's a big place to get yourself hurt in.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
So two weeks after I started watching the show to the day and I've finally caught up. What the feck do you guys do for the next 6 or so days. I'm freaking out here!

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The scene between Walt and Hank was hilarious. Hank's complete inability to be able to deal with somebody showing emotions, just getting out of the room as quickly as possible haha. This is probably my favourite start to a season so far, but as has been said, it's a shame we only get 8 episodes before another break. The wait will be a bitch.
Brilliant scene that. I'm sure we're going to get more of that as the season draws to it's natural conclusion of Hank vs Walt. I'm thinking the baby scene might be an early hint at them taking her in as their own when and if Walt dies.

The whole train heist was superbly done tension wise, with Walt's cockiness almost being the undoing again...I agree with the fact that Jesse is too naive in thinking they can roll with the big crims and still be good. The morality play at large is wonderfully done. In his head, he's got blood on his hands again.

Rooney24

Im up to the end of Season four and I have one question...

What happened to the ricin cigarette?

Cina

It wasn't,remember what they asked him if he understood.
Yep, they made a point of ensuring he doesn't tell anyone, and he took it up in that aspect and shot a kid dead. The fact that he waved to the kid first made it all the more disturbing!

I just love how Jesse does hit utmost to ensure nobody dies, like with Lydia, and this massive plan so the engineers don't die, thinking he has everything thought out perfectly, only for a little kid to come along and get shot at the end. Brilliant TV.

LARulz

What an episode. The ending I didn't really expect but started to a bit more as that scene went on, thought thought it would be Mike not that guy

Moz

I think the death of the child will be a huge catalyst in determining the outcome of the show. I mean, it will definitely have a bearing on Jesse's attitudes about their project. and thus his fate and that of the others. Will this make him more likely to turn or Walt and Mike et al?

I also think tension between Walt and Mike will increase throughout the show whilst Hank and Walt are engaged in game of cat and mouse (even if Hank doesn't quite know it until the end). This is all very promising for the show's climax and ending.

Has potential to be the best show ever in my eyes. If they get the ending right, it will be up there with The Shield, The Wire and The Sopranos.

Cina

And here I was worried about the final season because of how well I thought the finale of season 4 wrapped everything up...

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I think the death of the child will be a huge catalyst in determining the outcome of the show. I mean, it will definitely have a bearing on Jesse's attitudes about their project. and thus his fate and that of the others. Will this make him more likely to turn or Walt and Mike et al?

I also think tension between Walt and Mike will increase throughout the show whilst Hank and Walt are engaged in game of cat and mouse (even if Hank doesn't quite know it until the end). This is all very promising for the show's climax and ending.

Has potential to be the best show ever in my eyes. If they get the ending right, it will be up there with The Shield, The Wire and The Sopranos.
It will end with Walt single handedly taking on the DEA with a "little friend"

Moz

It will end with Walt single handedly taking on the DEA with a "little friend"
:lol:

That would certainly be one good way to go about it but I'm wondering if they'll work it so that Walt's ending seems to restore some humility and gentleness about him. I doubt it though as I definitely can't see it ending in any way other than with Walt's death perhaps in spectacular 'Scarface' fashion. Although I still like Walt, his death would be one part of a satisfying conclusion.

I can see similar tragedy in Jesse's future. He will either die as a result of Walt's actions or suicide or he will turn on them with the DEA and get clipped for betraying them. Maybe it will go the other way with Jesse being the only one to come out of this alive and free as aspects of his morality remain in tact.

As for Hank, trying to catch the illustrious, elusive 'Heisenberg' will drive him nuts and will end in humiliation for him. I sense he will play a role in Walt's death directly or indirectly but you never know, it may end up as a case of if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Moz

I'm wondering if the spider in the jar symbolises anything. For example, does it symbolise the point of no return or the entrapment of the characters or some part of their nature?

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
The potential is obviously there.

The scene where boy was shot is very close to some epic breathtaking scenes from The Shield...
E.g. when Vic shot Crowley or when Shane killed Lem...

It took 5 season, but it is there. Maybe the end will be the same and Walt will make a deal with Frank.

Moz

The potential is obviously there.

The scene where boy was shot is very close to some epic breathtaking scenes from The Shield...
E.g. when Vic shot Crowley or when Shane killed Lem...

It took 5 season, but it is there. Maybe the end will be the same and Walt will make a deal with Frank.
Funny you should say that. I'm on my third viewing of the Shield and that's the scene I've just watched and my thoughts were exactly as yours!

Moz

So who thinks he is going to get Mike to kill Skylar eventually?
Possibly. Skylar will get harder to handle and contain. If Walt doesn't order it, then Mike will act alone to dispose of Skyler heightening the tension between Walt and Mike. feck, we could write the ending ourselves!

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
I think they will try to get rid of Jesse first. They do not really need him THAT much plus for sure there will be differences between them how to run a business (e.g. not killing innocent boy). They will look at him as a weakness.

gulli_G

I think they will try to get rid of Jesse first. They do not really need him THAT much plus for sure there will be differences between them how to run a business (e.g. not killing innocent boy). They will look at him as a weakness.
the preview fo "buyout" shows jesse and mike without walt meeting too shady looking guys in black suits, Feds? Cartel?

Cina

So who thinks he is going to get Mike to kill Skylar eventually?
It's far more likely to be Todd after that ending.

Mike has morals, he only kills if he feels it's necessary, I can't imagine him killing a mans wife because he hates or whatever, especially considering how much he himself hates Walt.

I hope Jesse survives, but they're making him unbelievably likable lately, more so than before, so I have a feeling they might kill him off :(

Ekeke

Walt and Mike dont get along so if Mike ends up killing Skylar it wont be because Walt asks him to do so.

Jesse and Mike are solid, but its Walt and Jesse's relationship which will start to go sour after this incident.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Well the reason why Walt would want her out of the way is so he can have the kids back and she is becoming a problem for him.

But yeah maybe it will not be Mike who does the deed. But I can see it happening

Sally Cinnamon

I thought Jesse was a goner when the train started moving again, well I thought they won't kill him off this early (or at all) but for a split second I shat them. Brilliant episode.

eric le roi

I'm watching this now, half way through season 3. It's OK but people saying it's better than The Sopranos - you've got to be kidding me. All the main characters in BB constantly behaving inconsistently, plot holes you can drive a bus through, completely unrealistic turns of events all the time.

e.g. the way those two Mexican hitmen go from being utterly ruthless killers to saying "no, too easy" to Hank and going for an axe instead? Please.

It's compelling viewing but more like a soap opera than a real drama.

And has there ever been a more joyless, uptight, unlovable character than Skylar?

IrishLegend

I'm watching this now, half way through season 3. It's OK but people saying it's better than The Sopranos - you've got to be kidding me. All the main characters in BB constantly behaving inconsistently, plot holes you can drive a bus through, completely unrealistic turns of events all the time.

e.g. the way those two Mexican hitmen go from being utterly ruthless killers to saying "no, too easy" to Hank and going for an axe instead? Please.

It's compelling viewing but more like a soap opera than a real drama.

And has there ever been a more joyless, uptight, unlovable character than Skylar?
The first half of season 3 is cack. I watched the first two seasons and gave up half way through the 3rd before eventually finishing the series It picks up in the 2nd half and Season 4 is amazing.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I'm wondering if the spider in the jar symbolises anything. For example, does it symbolise the point of no return or the entrapment of the characters or some part of their nature?
Yeah I think it applies most to Jesse at this point. He just can't escape the immoral world he or Walt has trapped him in.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I know that nobody is posting anything that can be taken as anything other than wondering what will happen but they ALL need to be in spoiler tags as they are speculation about the future of the show.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Spoiler policy reminder

- any and all comment related to future developments must be placed in spoiler tags even if the information comes from an official interview or a "next week on ..." clip at the end of an episode.
- ALL spoilers must have a brief explanation of their source and content in bold. No exceptions.
- future developments are defined as anything that hasn't been shown in an episode on TV somewhere in the world.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
How does speculation fall under 'future developments'? Spoiler tags are annoying on some devices.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Specualtion is comment about possible future developments.

People should be given the choice to read this sort of thing or not. Spoiler tags do this. I post on an iPad and an iPhone mainly with no problem. Im not sure if Android is as easy.

I don't want to read what anyone has to say about the future of a show in case they are right. I want to be surprised. I have now been given many options for the future of the show, some of them I hadn't considered and if one of them is correct it will reduce my enjoyment.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Speculation about future of show

I bet Wibble reads this. He can't help himself.

Surely the scene where Walt was forgetting the name of the shrink (or pretending to), and Hank then really emphasised the word 'fester', was the first hint of the cancer coming back, perhaps a brain tumour?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Thanks Mike.

A pain I know but not using them does spoil people's enjoyment.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
If that bitch Skyler survives the show and Jesse doesn't, the producers can go and feck themselves. I want to punch her right in the face.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Spider = Along came a spider. I thought it was an easy reference

Heat reference: in Heat De Niro hires a new guy who turns a truck robbery into a murder by killing a witness. Todd kills the kid. In the end, Pacino squares off against De Niro and the bad guy ends up dead.