Television Breaking Bad

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
I just watched Batman: The Dark Knight and the scene where the Joker has rigged the boats to explode if someone presses the trigger, is it Ted from Breaking Bad that's holding one of the detonators? Looked like him.

Cina

Wow, they really have turned Walt into such an asshole. I actually feel uncomfortable watching some of his scenes there, there's a constant sense of him doing something bad.

The scene with Jesse at the end especially, earlier in the episode he convinces Jesse into basically breaking up with that girl, and when Jesse tells him he broke it off with her, he doesn't give two fecks.

So his 51st birthday is now close, which basically means they're going to cover a year in the remaining 13 episodes.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
My breakdown of the recent episode.
Walt badass, master manipulator side and arrogance is really coming to the fore beautifully. Heisenburg and Walt are finally merging. He doesn't need the hat anymore. Nothing and no one is beyond him or beneath him now.

Everyone is looking at his manipulation of Jesse, the warning of bad things to happen to Mike at the end as the best show of this.

For me it was in 2 other areas. His manipulation of his family was like the week prior his creepiest moment. The quick thinking of bring Teds situation in to the point, removing his worry of embarrasment for Skylar his wife to their family members for the greater good of himself, that and instead of consoling his wife, he instead does a strange grooming ceremony of Scarface with his children which basically for me was him driving the point home to Skylar.

The second was in his choice and actions regarding the cooking situations. A few years earlier they'd have accepted the first 3 places without a problem. A couple of dehumidifiers would have been fine. Instead he needed something more genius, another look at me moment including the shall we vote, Why bother.Trying to assert his authority through his brilliance.

The death sentence that Mike has set upon himself was in that statement, just because you shot Jesse James doesn't make you Jesse James. Basically you your not as good as him and I'm in control here. The most important aspect of the whole series is Walts want of being feared, being brilliant and making everyone pay. Mikes future fate will seal his scarfaace transfomation where real world concerns are overshadowed by his importance in his own pride. where he'll even kill someone he actually needs.

I love this series so much it hurts. The underlying meanings and metaphors in the script, the acting, scenes props and even camera work is staggering.

Cina

How awesome was the cooking scene by the way? Great song too.

Gambit

How awesome was the cooking scene by the way? Great song too.
Yeah the whole thing is just brilliant and it was a nice way of them returning to doing what they do in a lighter way than the dread that was involved for the last 2 seasons. Jesse and Walt working as a fine tuned team as well is great when you compare it to the chaos of the first couple of seasons.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Sometimes I remember the show is shot without tripods and I can't stop myself from noticing the camera wobble. I hate my brain.

Gambit

Sometimes I remember the show is shot without tripods and I can't stop myself from noticing the camera wobble. I hate my brain.
I'm a bugger for that to now with film. Before I never notice camera work, now though it's all i can see. At least they're not dutch angling the whole thing.

Gambit

“He threatened me. He threatened Jesse. He probably threatened somebody before breakfast this morning. It’s what he does. Come on. Grow a pair.”

LARulz

Mike: If you want a name for them, its 'Yes Sir' and 'No Sir'

:lol:

Kaos

Just watched seasons 1-4 in the space of 10 days, this show has taken over my life.

About to dive straight into season 5 now, I'm almost upset that I'll soon have to start waiting a week for each episode :lol:

Zen

I wonder if they'll go as far as killing his son to make us hate him.....other shows have tried so so hard to make us hate the protagonist too, but it usually just fails. They did everything they could in the final season of the Sopranos to remind us he's a criminal and incredibly bad guy who will do anything to keep himself clean, yet no one really hated him.

Anyway, episode 2 was fecking brilliant. And the third one kept up on that pace really, definitely starting to up their game now, albeit Mike(the one they are now pushing as the guy to 'root for') is quite clearly suspect to not making it past the mid-season finale, though I reckon they could throw a curveball and kill off Jesse, Mike clearly likes him more as a son type thing than Walt ever, thus leading to an all-out Walt vs Mike thing. Plenty of ways to go really.

Gambit

Nah Jesse will survive I reckon. It will be Walt v Hank and the DEA at the end.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nah Jesse will survive I reckon. It will be Walt v Hank and the DEA at the end.
I agree, i think it will end up a showdown with hank / walt, but hank will either let him go and he will escape and use the dissapearing man that the lawyer told him about, or hank will end up killing him.

Few different angles they can use, should be pretty explosive anyway.

Gambit

I agree, i think it will end up a showdown with hank / walt, but hank will either let him go and he will escape and use the dissapearing man that the lawyer told him about, or hank will end up killing him.

Few different angles they can use, should be pretty explosive anyway.
I reckon it will end like Scarface. Say hello to my little 52nd birthday present I got myself!

kps88

This final strech reminds me a lot of The Shield.

Easy V

That laugh at 8:35; I want to see it in the show at some point.

MUFC07

Great episode. Some plain moments, but this is building up nicely.

Heisenberg vs Skyler was extremely good. Great acting. The transformation of characters has been incredibly well developed and the writing is really good, so there are many ways where it can go from here, it's unpredictable.

I did miss Saul in this episode, though.

kps88

Another fantastic episode. I do wish Walt wasn't so blind when it came to getting rid of that crazy woman (Lydia?) though. He's known for being an expert strategist so it makes little sense he wouldn't see what a liability she is. It's also painstakingly obvious it's going to come back and bite them.

Oh and I love how the hat is back.

DevilRed

Didn't find this episode as good as the last 2. A bit slow for me and Skylar is really beginning to annoy the piss out of me.

Interesting developments with Hank though. I always thought he would be the one to find out about heisenberg and eventually put him away, but with this latest twist, if he takes the job then it might not happen.

wr8_utd

:'(
I thought this was one of the best episodes of the season. Walt vs Skylas was fantastic.

Cina

Very slow burner of an episode for sure.

I'm glad they're making me hate Skylar so much again, it means I actually have someone to hate more than Walt at this stage!

kps88

Very slow burner of an episode for sure.

I'm glad they're making me hate Skylar so much again, it means I actually have someone to hate more than Walt at this stage!
Dunno. How can you hate her when Walt's basically mentally torturing her? When you think about it, she's not wrong in wanting the kids out of that environment.

MUFC07

Dunno. How can you hate her when Walt's basically mentally torturing her? When you think about it, she's not wrong in wanting the kids out of that environment.
She has mishandled things, but then again, they have had to cope with all the changes.

IrishLegend

This season is building up to an amazing finale. As said earlier the Character transformation has been incredible and so well written. Walt has become such a fecking badass and sinister. I would feel sorry for Skyler if she wasn't so fecking annoying and I think Hank is going to play an epic part in the end.

The last EP was great, especially the line about the cancer.

MUFC07

This season is building up to an amazing finale. As said earlier the Character transformation has been incredible and so well written. Walt has become such a fecking badass and sinister. I would feel sorry for Skyler if she wasn't so fecking annoying and I think Hank is going to play an epic part in the end.

The last EP was great, especially the line about the cancer.
Indeed.

Yeah. As I said earlier, when Heisenberg took on Skylar, man, that was great TV. Awesome moment.

Cina

Well yeah but, I've always hated her, until last season when she started helping Walt so I kinda liked her a little bit more then, but now I just hate her again.

I mean the shit she gave Walt is basically why he started all this in the first place.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
The whole Skylar vs Walt stuff was great but reminded me of the Funhouse episode from Sopranos with Tony vs Carmela. Could not help but compare and the latter was on a different level. Still a strong episode. 8 will be too few for this season, I am going to be super annoyed waiting another year for the rest.