Brendan Rodgers was once the manager of Liverpool Football Club...

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's got 3 home games consecutively, 2 of them cup games, needs to win all 3 to get some momentum going before Everton away. He can't afford an embarrassment to Carlisle going out of a cup early, Villa are our bogey team at home so he needs to put that right. We need to top our EL group and not let Bordeaux, so he's got a massive next 3 games.

One loss to either of them particularly Carlisle or Villa at home and then go to Everton and lose there could spell the end. Then he may be sacked over the International break.
I think even if he wins the next 3 games, a bad loss vs. Everton will see him gone.

A case of the international break coming at the wrong time for him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He needs time. Liverpool played well, Coutinho should have scored there. I still think he is the right manager and could bring them titles in the future.
titles? a cup maybe, but never the title, unless he stumbles across a top 5 in the world player again, supported by 2 attacking players dovetailing amazingly for a one season wonder...

izec

titles? a cup maybe, but never the title, unless he stumbles across a top 5 in the world player again, supported by 2 attacking players dovetailing amazingly for a one season wonder...
I was just joking :lol: He is finished.

Jerch

As i said in Liverpool discussion thread i can't see him being sacked anytime soon. Yes they have a bad squad and their general play is not good but to think that he will be sacked at this stage is just a wishful thinking from Liverpool supporters.

He is now quite a long time a manager of Liverpool and current squad is really his creation. The owners backed him with a lot of money every summer and they did the same last summer. If his sacking would be even a little possibility i think the owners wouldn't backed him with this much money as they did last summer.

Now he spend around 300m pounds, this is a lot of money, and their owners will give him as much time as possible if he can turn things around with this squad. They know that if they sack him the next manager will want to completely rebuild their squad once again which would cost a lot of money. The similar rebuilding job like we had is strong possibility if they decide to bring new manager. I don't think they are prepared to do that after how much money Rodgers already spend, it is not like us when we didn't spend a lot for a long time and Glazers knew that sooner rather than later they will need to show the money, Liverpool owners had already showed the money and another rebuilding job is the last thing the would want.

As for Rodgers he looks like a parody of himself and is totally lost. He clearly don't know how he wants to play with changing the formation everytime they play badly and he don't really know what players fit his style of play, their squad is one of the worst Liverpool teams i have ever seen and this squad is his creation.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Liverpool's next seven league fixtures:

Villa (h)
Everton (a)
Tottenham (a)
Southampton (h)
Chelsea (a)
Palace (h)
Man City (a)

No way he'll survive those. If they lose at Everton that'll probably do it for him.
They need to lose just enough points to keep them out of the title race and possibly UCl race, but not too much to get him sacked.

Brophs

The One and Only
He should pull one of those weird faces he does. Those usually get a good reception.

Theonas

Scout
I am really torn on this. He is undeniably an annoying little git and it's very difficult to like him or even sympathize with him but on the other hand, I can't understand the argument that he bought badly simply because who could he really have bought? Liverpool are not attractive for the best players, they do not offer a good chance for competing and they don't pay the best wages. He bought what he could get his hands on with the money he had, it's not working out but it's a vicious cycle for clubs like Liverpool now. They feel entitled to compete but the reality is that they can't attract the best talent. Their only chance is to have a great season and build on it but even then when they actually did that, they lost their players within 2 years. It's really hard for me to see what he could have done to improve their 5th to 7th finishes as that's simply their level.

Jerch

I am really torn on this. He is undeniably an annoying little git and it's very difficult to like him or even sympathize with him but on the other hand, I can't understand the argument that he bought badly simply because who could he really have bought? Liverpool are not attractive for the best players, they do not offer a good chance for competing and they don't pay the best wages. He bought what he could get his hands on with the money he had, it's not working out but it's a vicious cycle for clubs like Liverpool now. They feel entitled to compete but the reality is that they can't attract the best talent. Their only chance is to have a great season and build on it but even then when they actually did that, they lost their players within 2 years. It's really hard for me to see what he could have done to improve their 5th to 7th finishes as that's simply their level.
The players like Ings, Lambert and Lovren will never be good enough for the standard they want so why he brought them in the first place. Spending 15m pounds on Balotelli is not the smartest thing either. Then there are players like Markovic, Origi and even Moreno.
Who could he bought? More players like Clyne basically, Cabaye would be perfect for them for a start, Delph maybe. Wide players like Mane or Payet would make a big diference, a better striker - maybe they should take a gamble on Lacazette and a defender - i don't know who was available. Fact is he bought very badly, a young players who don't really have that big potential and a players who will be always a level bellow of what they want.

Theonas

Scout
The players like Ings, Lambert and Lovren will never be good enough for the standard they want so why he brought them in the first place. Spending 15m pounds on Balotelli is not the smartest thing either. Then there are players like Markovic, Origi and even Moreno.
Who could he bought? More players like Clyne basically, Cabaye would be perfect for them for a start, Delph maybe. Wide players like Mane or Payet would make a big diference, a better striker - maybe they should take a gamble on Lacazette and a defender - i don't know who was available. Fact is he bought very badly, a young players who don't really have that big potential and a players who will be always a level bellow of what they want.
Fair enough. I do however think that buying unproven players is always risky like that. Clyne is a good example in the sense that if we or Chelsea wanted him, Liverpool would have ended up with someone inferior and we will be criticizing Rogers for a bad purchase when it would have been his only option. Mane and Payet are not too dissimilar to Lallana or Markovic in terms of reputation before they arrived. I am judging more generally here mind you; for the resources they have and the type of players they can realistically attract, they cannot expect to finish higher than Chelsea, City, Arsenal or ourselves. That's where they have finished under him so for me he is not doing anything special, nor is he really underachieving.

goin4glory

The money he spent on Lallana was scandalous when you look at what was available on the continent. Buy Markovic then play him as a RWB? Spend 40m+ on Lovren and Sakho? Sure they couldn't sign Sanchez or Di Maria but he's brought in some complete muck.

Jerch

Fair enough. I do however think that buying unproven players is always risky like that. Clyne is a good example in the sense that if we or Chelsea wanted him, Liverpool would have ended up with someone inferior and we will be criticizing Rogers for a bad purchase when it would have been his only option. Mane and Payet are not too dissimilar to Lallana or Markovic in terms of reputation before they arrived. I am judging more generally here mind you; for the resources they have and the type of players they can realistically attract, they cannot expect to finish higher than Chelsea, City, Arsenal or ourselves. That's where they have finished under him so for me he is not doing anything special, nor is he really underachieving.
If he end 5th with this squad he will overachieve definetly. But Liverpool supporters will never admit that. But i believe that he should have much much better squad as he have with the money he spend...

Theonas

Scout
The money he spent on Lallana was scandalous when you look at what was available on the continent. Buy Markovic then play him as a RWB? Spend 40m+ on Lovren and Sakho? Sure they couldn't sign Sanchez or Di Maria but he's brought in some complete muck.
The question is could he have bought players that would help him finish ahead of us, Arsenal, Chelsea or City? I really don't think he could. Their level is 5th or 6th which is where they usually finish and where I think they will finish this year which why I think it's irrelevant to look at the buys or money spent, a club of their resources and status at the moment is simply behind the other four no matter how you look at it. It's a bit like Atlético Madrid, they have no right to finish ahead of the big two in Spain and no amount of analysis of who they bought and why they failed is going to change that fact. Football is unfortunately not that unpredictable.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
that is just nonsense. With decent scouting Liverpool should be able to find attainable upgrades for almost all positions. Furthermore it is not just about quality but about getting player who fit into his system. The problem with Rodgers is, that he is talking a good game, but he can´t back it up. On the pitch Liverpool are a bloody mess. Finishing outside the top4 isn´t the end of the world for them, but their performance is truly atrocious. He has no system and his decision making seems to be trial and error. He switches between different tactics and line-ups randomly.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Great victory tonight. I'm certain he would've been sacked if they lost at home against fecking Carlisle. KRAP!

Minimalist

T'was like Istanbul tonight.

I can't predict anything with Liverpool recently. Didn't see their meltdown coming last season and I thought Rodgers would last the season before getting sacked this time around but clearly I'm about to be proven wrong again.

montpelier

not at the presser

unreliable twitter source suggests he's gone by mutual consent

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
not at the presser

unreliable twitter source suggests he's gone by mutual consent
Not believing it, but if remotely true, he can be gone by fire squad for all I care.

hobbers

If he gets another transfer window it really would extraordinary, and hilarious.

montpelier

ah, the parody club a/c tweeted that 10mins ago

it's a rumour that seems to have started yesterday, that FSG were trying to negotiate that kind of exit

probably complete horse-shit then

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Reliable twitter source says it's nothing alarming, and that Gary Mac did the pre-game one too.

Shame :(
Party pooper :lol: My heart literally skipped a beat reading montpelier's post!

Acole9

Outstanding
If he goes then they need to get King Kenny back to finish what he started.

Ananke

No idea what rodgers is doing, he best sort it out quick.

Otherwise he's boned. Cmon rodgers, get a run of wins going now.

kotha

He's gone isn't he.. :(

Don't think he'll be around for long now..

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
The only thing that would cheer me up once they sack this idiot is if they replace him with Graeme Souness.

Loon

:lol:
They'll have somebody decent lined up. No Gary Monk-style appointments this time.