Brendan Rodgers was once the manager of Liverpool Football Club...

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Frank De Boer would be perfect for them, and they've tried to hire him in the past. Liverpool have a young squad (kinda), and he is a young manager who will help build them up on a budget. The Eredivisie is no Premier League, but he has played no small part in delivering silverware and re-igniting their youth setup, something that could be used as a blueprint for Liverpool; while acquitting himself well in Europe given the squad at his disposal. Hope he doesn't join them though, has a fairly likeable personality that will be wasted on this shower. Maybe Rodgers will keep them there and thereabouts in the hunt for Europea League qualification, and get a well deserved long term contract extension. That would be swell. ERAP!
I'd love to see Frank de Boer manage Barça one day down the line and would hate to see him ruin his chances by possibly failing at Liverpool. It's a massive job for whoever their next manager is.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
If you don't mind me asking, how did you calculate this?
I obviously didn't calculate it. I'm extremely sure that he would take the job but in the end I'm not Klopp himself, hence I can't claim it's a 100% sure thing so I came up with that 90%.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Honigstein: Liverpool “may have opportunity to speak to Jurgen Klopp in November”

Joining Honigstein on the Football Weekly podcast was Irish football journalist Barry Glendenning, who suggested that Rodgers’ position may be under immediate threat after Saturday’s 3-1 loss to Manchester United.

“I heard from somebody who would be pretty connected with people behind the scenes at Liverpool that Rodgers was told before the Manchester United game that if he didn’t get seven points from the next nine available he would lose his job,” he claimed. “So that’s already an impossibility.”
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/09/liverpool-may-opportunity-speak-jurgen-klopp-november/

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Knowing Liverpool it will probably end up being Jurgen Klinsman.

izec

He would deinately take the Liverpool job if offered. But i think sacking Brendan would be a mistake. He still needs time.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
He would deinately take the Liverpool job if offered. But i think sacking Brendan would be a mistake. He still needs time.
He's on borrowed time, you don't get to spend that sort of money while taking the team backwards.

In reality it was madness not getting rid of him at the end of last year and giving someone who knew what they were doing the 250million odd to invest.

The fact that he likes to talk like a man with a proven record does him few favours either IMO.

Guy

Seven points from three games seems like a relatively stark ultimatum to give him, I'm not so sure.

He's not doing well, but the board seem to have been patient thus far and Rogers has had to deal with selling his best two players and rebuilding. Asking him to replicate near-title contender form (draw Manchester United away and get 100% of the points elsewhere) doesn't seem like what they'd do. This isn't to say Rogers is blameless or Liverpool aren't very poor right now, but I would've thought it would've taken a lot more to push those above him to do something like that.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Seven points from three games seems like a relatively stark ultimatum to give him, I'm not so sure.

He's not doing well, but the board seem to have been patient thus far and Rogers has had to deal with selling his best two players and rebuilding. Asking him to replicate near-title contender form (draw Manchester United away and get 100% of the points elsewhere) doesn't seem like what they'd do. This isn't to say Rogers is blameless or Liverpool aren't very poor right now, but I would've thought it would've taken a lot more to push those above him to do something like that.
Liverpool's next three league games are Norwich at home, Villa at home and Everton away. Seven points from nine from those games is very reasonable i feel. The ultimatum adds to the pressure no doubt.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Listening to the podcast, Barry G. said, that this ultimatum included the games against United and the on in the euro-league. So he already failed to do so. That said it didn´t sound really convincing. Honingstein was slightly more convincing but also fairly vague. He said, that there is some contact between Klopp and Liverpool, but no concrete plan to hire him yet.

While I am certain, that he´d be interested in the job, I am not sure if he is the guy, who fancies to join them during the season. I am also not sure if it would be a good idea. Part of the problem is down to the very unbalanced squad. A new manager would need at least one summer to sort out this mess. Bringing in a new guy before the end of this season might just damage him.

Guy

Liverpool's next three league games are Norwich at home, Villa at home and Everton away. Seven points from nine from those games is very reasonable i feel. The ultimatum adds to the pressure no doubt.
The quote above meant three games including Liverpool's last one against United, so he's already failed their supposed ultimatum.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Moyes needed time. Rodgers has had more time than a Rolex employee. He can naff off.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Listen to this man.
No... No! NO!!!

If Rodgers comes out and says he needed more time, I don't think I'll be able to take it. It would be just so hilariously shameless... Pretty much him in a nutshell.

I also don't buy the Klopp rumours, though. It seems like something any TD or H could make up, and while it does make some sense, it's more likely to be someone dicking about with Liverpool fans :lol:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
FSG is owned by pretty smart people, it would make zero business sense to have kept him in the summer and allowed him to spend all that money only to sack him at the first sign of trouble. Klopp has taken this sabbatical because just like Pep he wants to see all his options and while Liverpool might be a romantic choice if he waits till next summer he can definitely get a much bigger job

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
FSG is owned by pretty smart people, it would make zero business sense to have kept him in the summer and allowed him to spend all that money only to sack him at the first sign of trouble. Klopp has taken this sabbatical because just like Pep he wants to see all his options and while Liverpool might be a romantic choice if he waits till next summer he can definitely get a much bigger job
Yup. Jobs at Arsenal, United, and naturally Real Madrid aren't too far away.

Fellainis Nutmeg

Careful now, posts like that will be noted for future reference..
Don't give caf members like @Stretford End Phil to dig older Liverpool & Brendan Roggers threads to dig posts made by you guys :p
There is enough ammunition noted down by them already:)

Klopp might turn them down, too many krap players there.
A large number of the RAWKites & pool fans are assured that Klopp would join them on the first invite because he touched their "This is Anfield" graffiti before the meaningless friendly last season. They reckon this is the sign he was born to become Liverpool manager.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
A large number of the RAWKites & pool fans are assured that Klopp would join them on the first invite because he touched their "This is Anfield" graffiti before the meaningless friendly last season. They reckon this is the sign he was born to become Liverpool manager.
Delusional bunch. Cant see their owners wanting to sack him after spending so much money last summer. A new manager will want to dump a load of players (at a loss) and buy in new ones. Klopp will only go to a club thats in the CL anyway.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Probably trying to kill a fly or something.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think Klopp would definitely consider the option but it would depend on who has made contact with him already. I believe he must have spoken to a number of clubs already and must have an idea what he would like to do next, perhaps he is waiting on Bayern job which should become available at the end of season when Pep's contract expires (although I think Pep will want another season if he doesn't deliver CL this year to have another shot at it).

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I am pretty sure if Klopp was available he would have better offers than taking over this pure dogshit Liverpool side.

montpelier

I find what must be the Fenway perspective on this quite interesting. I was surprised Brendan got to stay on because of the end to last season esp the 1-6 at Stoke. Once they have decided to keep him on then you would expect that he gets a reasonable chance and the fixtures have not been kind. There's only been 1 genuinely BAD result, 2 decent results, losing at Utd stung the fanbase. Performances poor apart from at Arsenal. Not great but this season on its own is not yet in the sacking zone. ATM, he's OK enough with Fenway to retain the job. Fenway must be thinking therefore that an Xmas / NY review is reasonable (still).

Either, Fenway are being guided by the execs at LFC (who will be getting sweet talked by BR) <--- some jackanory about Gerrard difficulties / transition last season is my guess, backroom support maybe, stuff like that. Or alternatively, are getting independent advice from someone with authoritative knowledge of the English footy scene and/or they don't care, it's a ££££ thing, Rodge is accepted as being a reasonably safe pair of hands who will 'do' for the time being.

Which brings us back to where we are now. The fan opinion & results can change the status quo, 4-6 pts from these 2 home games, Brendan gets to stay, fewer than that, a bad loss, then I reckon Fenway are under pressure to get rid.

Be fun to find out, innit?

Last edited:

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Are expectations too high at Liverpool? They sell their best players and can't sign players that interest the elite clubs in the PL and Europe.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I am pretty sure if Klopp was available he would have better offers than taking over this pure dogshit Liverpool side.
Eh?

That's a £300m squad you're talking about.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
What is this nonsense? Rodgers is by far their best option for future success. Forget this season and even next. He'll definitely challenge strongly for the title again after that. He needs time and support. They need to keep building the foundation and he's very good at it. He brings young players through and experienced players respect his intelligence and attention to details. You can't have prolonged successes without a strong base.

KRAP.

Stretford End Phil

Don't give caf members like @Stretford End Phil to dig older Liverpool & Brendan Roggers threads to dig posts made by you guys :p
There is enough ammunition noted down by them already:)

Fame at last.:)