Brendan Rodgers was once the manager of Liverpool Football Club...

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Anyone else hear a clock ticking rather loudly somewhere?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Anyone else hear a clock ticking rather loudly somewhere?
Yeah that's surely it for him, unless their only potential replacements are only available next summer.

The thought of a Dalglish-Gerrard caretaker set-up until then sounds very appealing though.

thejtrain

This isn't looking good. They must start putting away some terrible teams (not many left in the PL, but still) at least. Klopp to Liverpool isn't completely laughable. Just KRAP please.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I can smell a sacking coming. It will be a sad day when it does.

Moriarty

No... No! NO!!!

If Rodgers comes out and says he needed more time, I don't think I'll be able to take it. It would be just so hilariously shameless... Pretty much him in a nutshell.

I also don't buy the Klopp rumours, though. It seems like something any TD or H could make up, and while it does make some sense, it's more likely to be someone dicking about with Liverpool fans :lol:
Think Klopp's got his mince pies on Bayern. The dippers will go for someone like Koeman.

MoskvaRed

It's a horrible job to take in that you are up against two Sugar Daddy clubs, a money making machine in Manchester and a big club based in the glamorous capital. So you have to overachieve to get par. With West Ham and Spurs moving to new stadiums in Europe's richest city, there's every chance they'll fall further down the food chain.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What is this nonsense? Rodgers is by far their best option for future success. Forget this season and even next. He'll definitely challenge strongly for the title again after that. He needs time and support. They need to keep building the foundation and he's very good at it. He brings young players through and experienced players respect his intelligence and attention to details. You can't have prolonged successes without a strong base.

KRAP.
FFS, you described Van gaal.

FujiVice

I'd be gutted if they sack Rodgers. He's exactly what I want in a Liverpool manager.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
It's getting to that point where he's being too obviously shit.

You need shit Liverpool managers to at least carry some measure of competence to stay in a job.

Their owners are clueless though. They showed a lot of faith in him in the summer and will probably stick by him this season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'd be gutted if they sack Rodgers. He's exactly what I want in a Liverpool manager.
were you saying that 2 years ago, out of interest? Or do we forget the whole almost winning the title thing

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
It's getting to that point where he's being too obviously shit.

You need shit Liverpool managers to at least carry some measure of competence to stay in a job.

Their owners are clueless though. They showed a lot of faith in him in the summer and will probably stick by him this season.
Their owners want out apparently.

FujiVice

were you saying that 2 years ago, out of interest? Or do we forget the whole almost winning the title thing
This Liverpool side hasnt done a thing to resemble a side worthy of challenging for the title since they lost Suarez. The state of Liverpool is on Rodgers head. He didnt bring in the right players and he isnt getting the best out of what he has. 1 season doesnt make you a great manager.

montpelier

They're only 2pts off 5th place and the next three games are all at Anfield. Carlisle, Villa, Sion.

If Klopp has touched their sign we must hope that a revival is imminent.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
needs to be gone in the morning.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Will be a sad day when he's sacked. Hopefully he does some real damage before that happens.

Shez

he really is crap isn't he. had me worried a couple of seasons back. Now I'm just hoping they keep him on

In hindsight, Kenny was actually doing a really good job with them (except for the bonkers Suarez support and the general paranoia). The players that actually performed for Rodgers were brought in by Kenny and Rodgers has brought absolute dog shite

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Liverpool's next seven league fixtures:

Villa (h)
Everton (a)
Tottenham (a)
Southampton (h)
Chelsea (a)
Palace (h)
Man City (a)

No way he'll survive those. If they lose at Everton that'll probably do it for him.

Deleted member 78215

Villa (h)
Everton (a)
Tottenham (a)
Southampton (h)
Chelsea (a)
Palace (h)
Man City (a)

No way he'll survive those. If they lose at Everton that'll probably do it for him.
They'll probably get about 3 points from those fixtures.

izec

He needs time. Liverpool played well, Coutinho should have scored there. I still think he is the right manager and could bring them titles in the future.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

Villa (h) Win
Everton (a) Draw
Tottenham (a) Win
Southampton (h) Loss
Chelsea (a) Loss
Palace (h) Draw
Man City (a) Loss
8/21 points. Hopefully that's enough to keep him on until after Christmas.

izec

Villa (h)
Everton (a)
Tottenham (a)
Southampton (h)
Chelsea (a)
Palace (h)
Man City (a)

feck me, he is finished. Noooooooooooooo

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Villa (h)
Everton (a)
Tottenham (a)
Southampton (h)
Chelsea (a)
Palace (h)
Man City (a)

:(

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
He's got 3 home games consecutively, 2 of them cup games, needs to win all 3 to get some momentum going before Everton away. He can't afford an embarrassment to Carlisle going out of a cup early, Villa are our bogey team at home so he needs to put that right. We need to top our EL group and not let Bordeaux, so he's got a massive next 3 games.

One loss to either of them particularly Carlisle or Villa at home and then go to Everton and lose there could spell the end. Then he may be sacked over the International break.

Ananke

He really does need a succession of wins now. We need him to get a succession of wins...

Though I think the liverpool fans are starting to realise they've been conned. Cmon brendan, sort it out. Hopefully he can pull a 5th - 6th finish off.