Brentan Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He sounds pretty down.
Aye, I thought it came across like he wanted to bite someone's head off, but all the questions were a little too reasonable to give him the opportunity.

Zoo

From RAWK:

Sam Drury @SamDrury11 · 9 minutes ago

Sounds like Rodgers' press briefing (off camera) was a lively one. Should be worth keeping an eye out for the papers later.

David Thomas ‏@Satriale80 8 minutes ago

@SamDrury11 Give us a hint there mate.

Sam Drury @SamDrury11 · 8 minutes ago

@Satriale80 I gather that he is far from happy with the media.

David Thomas ‏@Satriale80 7 minutes ago

@SamDrury11 Really? he's had a go at them? Over what?

Sam Drury ‏@SamDrury11

@Satriale80 not sure on specifics, think its to with stuff that has been said & written about him &/or the club.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
From RAWK:

Sam Drury @SamDrury11 · 9 minutes ago

Sounds like Rodgers' press briefing (off camera) was a lively one. Should be worth keeping an eye out for the papers later.

David Thomas ‏@Satriale80 8 minutes ago

@SamDrury11 Give us a hint there mate.

Sam Drury @SamDrury11 · 8 minutes ago

@Satriale80 I gather that he is far from happy with the media.

David Thomas ‏@Satriale80 7 minutes ago

@SamDrury11 Really? he's had a go at them? Over what?

Sam Drury ‏@SamDrury11

@Satriale80 not sure on specifics, think its to with stuff that has been said & written about him &/or the club.
As I said, rattled

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I think he has had a pretty easy ride from the press so far and he got plenty of adulation last season. If you don't do well then expect to be hammered by the press.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Well he got plenty of adulation last season. If you don't do well then expect to be hammered by the press.
Yeah but, that's not how he sees it.

As far as he's concerned, he took plucky Swansea into the big leagues and made them what they are.
He also turned Liverpool into a "force" again.

Not my opinion or any sane human being's opinion, but his!

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah but, that's not how he sees it.

As far as he's concerned, he took plucky Swansea into the big leagues and made them what they are.
He also turned Liverpool into a "force" again.

Not my opinion or any sane human being's opinion, but his!
You've spoken to him, have you? Or you have quotes to back this up? Some evidence?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
They built him up, now it's time to knock him down. It's not rocket science is it?
I don't think that's the case at all. For the most part the British press seems to want him to do well and have been slow to criticise him this year.

If he has actually had a go at the media he's even more stupid than I thought, which is sayin something.

First he briefs Pearce that the owners are hampering him, then he turns in the press? He's going to be out on his arse without any of the goodwill Moyes built up with the British Press. He'll have a hard job promoting himself hen he does get the sack.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don't think that's the case at all. For the most part the British press seems to want him to do well and have been slow to criticise him this year.
Yeah bit like Moyes I think the press like him

Rossa

You've spoken to him, have you? Or you have quotes to back this up? Some evidence?
Of course he has, just like everyone in here has at the very least a Ph.d. in football tactics, are football scouts and football agents, seeing that they know the exact worth of a player. His words are evidence, mate!

Flying_Heckfish

If he has actually had a go at the media he's even more stupid than I thought, which is sayin something.

First he briefs Pearce that the owners are hampering him, then he turns in the press? He's going to be out on his arse without any of the goodwill Moyes built up with the British Press. He'll have a hard job promoting himself hen he does get the sack.
I suppose he does have the British manager bias to fall back on a bit. But even Moyes lost his support in the end.. If it starts looking certain he's out on his arse the they will be falling over themselves to get the "exclusive"

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I suppose he does have the British manager bias to fall back on a bit. But even Moyes lost his support in the end.. If it starts looking certain he's out on his arse the they will be falling over themselves to get the "exclusive"
Ogden mentioned that Moyes was taking various journalists (including himself) out for meals feeding them information in return for favourable press. He also said that there came a point where his position was so bad that they could do nothing else but report the reality of the situation.

Moyes then had a lot of brownie points with them following his sack which saw a lot of sympathetic articles that were critical of United's handling of the situation and for months Moyes had a mouthpiece to keep his name out there and build his reputation.

Rodgers would be smart to do the same. The press have been very kind with him this season because as you say, they want a British manager to succeed. So if he's turned on the press now as well as the owners he's going to find himself very short of friends when he's out of a job and that won't do him any favours when he wants to put his name out there if another job comes up.

Raptori

Special needs
Brendan Rodgers is a Football Genius.

Brendan's very pleased with his genius new approach to preparing his team, which involves trying to get the players to play well. This revelation comes alongside a tactical innovation no-one has ever seen before, termed "3-4-3" by the mighty red manager himself. His team has notched up a 3-0 loss to United and a stunning 3-1 victory over the mighty Bournemouth in the two games since Brendan came up with these pieces of brilliance, so he's naturally a bit upset that the media have not been drooling over his revolutionary idea.

The other night it was a British coach playing 3-4-3 so he has probably thrown the team together. ‘He has played seven midfielders?’ If it was a foreign coach it would probably have been seen as a wonderful tactical idea of playing the game. ‘Sterling playing through the middle – what is he doing? [Lazar] Markovic out wide?’ But that is the key for us – trying to get the players in position who can make us effective.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

Brendan's very pleased with his genius new approach to preparing his team, which involves trying to get the players to play well. This revelation comes alongside a tactical innovation no-one has ever seen before, termed "3-4-3" by the mighty red manager himself. His team has notched up a 3-0 loss to United and a stunning 3-1 victory over the mighty Bournemouth in the two games since Brendan came up with these pieces of brilliance, so he's naturally a bit upset that the media have not been drooling over his revolutionary idea.
He's a parody. He has zero self awareness.

The gift that keeps on giving.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I like Arsenal, personally, second best club in England quite clearly for me.

You know, since the invention of colour tv.

Or at least since I first got a color tv.

Varun

Staff

I actually thought you were taking the piss, just saw the quotes are real :lol:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I actually thought you were taking the piss, just saw the quotes are real :lol:
That's exactly what I thought. I couldn't believe it when I read the article and realised it wasn't satire.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?

Wow this has only just made me realise... Is the thread title Brentan Rodgers because of his similarities with David Brent?

Status
Not open for further replies.