Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Will Absolute

I haven't seen anyone (in this thread) suggesting that the vote has generated attitudes that weren't already there, or that it has increased the number of xenophobes in the UK: What people have suggested is that certain elements have been empowered by the vote, which seems to be the case. Instances of school children being taunted and told they're not wanted in the country, or elderly women of German descent being hassled by their neighbours, weren't commonplace (but, remarkably, not covered by any media outlet) before the vote.

This entire phenomenon (what people experience as a development for the worse in terms of openly expressed hostility) can't be dreamed up by hysterical Remainers. I don't buy that for one second. It will hopefully be a temporary surge – but that doesn't mean it's some sort of illusion created by the media.
Good post. I did somewhat misrepresent what Remainers were saying.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Nigel Farage is mostly a clown, but I must say that I loved him ripping into the EU representatives.

"None of you have ever had a real job" :lol:
It'd be even funnier if it wasn't for the fact we kinda need them on our side at this time. Nigel needs to leave the clown act at home.

Ban

I ran into an Express article about an 'epic Nigel Farage speech.'
Other than calling that speech epic the best thing were the comments. Lots of comments about how come Farage isn't a PM, he should be a PM, he'd be great, he's really honest and one of our own, he told those Europeans what it is.
One comment was something about - whoever doesn't like our Britain should pack their bags and leave.

And the best one. One poster wrote Rule Britannia but instead of Britannia rule the waves he wrote Britannia waives the rules.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
It'd be even funnier if it wasn't for the fact we kinda need them on our side at this time. Nigel needs to leave the clown act at home.
Unfortunately despite Leave's assertions, the EU does have democratic processes and we in the UK elected him to be a clown for us.

Ban

Quick look at his biography and it seems he didn't work really hard in his life so it's funny he said that to them. Maybe I'm wrong.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
As for how you voted, there's 4.1k posts in this thread and I am ashamed to say I have not had the time to read them all yet. You've even restricted access to your profile page so I could not comb back through your previous posts even if I wanted.
Even if someone has their profile set as private, you can still use the search box on the top right to search for posts made by a given poster in the thread you're reading.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I fail to understand Farage's strategy in pissing the EU off. I thought that Britain wanted a deal with Europe

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Were there not signs that the economy was already slowing down prior to the commencement of campaigning? Much of it attributable to Osborne's failure to invest, and the strictures of further cuts.
You are still living in cloud cuckoo land then , scaremongering on the economy, no- fact everyone who had any sense told you that , no the economy wasn't slowing before the vote only because the markets feared the brexit as was said hundreds of times but deny deny deny - the pound has dropped 24 cents against the Euro since November - when are you going to wake up!!

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Just to combat the racism stuff that is happening.

I and a few others I know are leave voters, I am from a majority leave town.

I work in one of the biggest warehouses in the UK which is around 75% eastern european in workforce but I am glad to report no such thing is happening here.

Just goes to show it is the minority that are doing this and they are just using the leave voters as a guise.
Quick question, if you work in a warehouse where they've had to hire 75% Eastern Europeans, who exactly do you expect to be working there if all the Eastern Europeans leave?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

I'm lost for words with it. Disgusted, embarrassed, scared, angry, no fuming! I also can't believe people ever sided or listened to him. He's an absolute disgrace!
He's playing to his natural constituency of the xenophobic, they'll watch that and absolutely love it. He's never given a single shit about the good of the country.

devilish

The answer is contained in his speech - "The British people have voted, we need to make sure that it happens."
Well he should take his frustrations over the Tories who refuse to activate article 50. Till then Brussels can hardly do anything about it

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I will just say one thing, in 2005 the French voted against Chirac, they were upset about the national policy and decided to sanction the governement, they did not vote against the Political Union for the simple reason that most people didn't even cared about reading the damn constitution.

Edit: In France we have politicians who are anti-EU but we don't elect them because most people are pro Eu and the most famous is Dupont-Aignan who got thrown out of the parliament by the french.

devilish

They're just as bad as each other tbh

Still, the Brits want to remain in the single market and insulting the MEPs of those same nations isn't the way to do so. It takes just 1 irritated country to veto any deal and sends Britain packing without a deal

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Well he should take his frustrations over the Tories who refuse to activate article 50. Till then Brussels can hardly do anything about it
It's not about that, he's just well and truly burning the bridge back to EU membership should we wish to use it.

Manny

Grammar Police
I like how he basically makes an excuse for them at the end. "I'd say to them... They'd have done it regardless of the result."

What's so hard about "I'd tell them to shut the hell up"?
I noticed that too. Had to listen to it again to make sure I heard properly but he's basically saying carry on.

I also found it interesting how he referred to British society as being "mixed race" rather than using the term multicultural, knowing mixed race would have negative connotations with people harboring racist thoughts. I saw it as an insight into how Farage deals with his supporters, swapping out a more positive, enriching term, "multicultural" for a more inflammatory, "mixed race".

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I noticed that too. Had to listen to it again to make sure I heard properly but he's basically saying carry on.

I also found it odd how he referred to British society as being "mixed race" rather than using the term multicultural, knowing mixed race would have negative connotations with people harboring racist thoughts. I saw it as an insight into how Farage deals with his supporters, swapping out a more positive, enriching term, "multicultural" for a more inflammatory, "mixed race".
Multiculturalism is actually quite a negative term as you go further right. 5-6 years ago Cameron and Merkel both said that it had failed and from what I perceive currently, people do not like multiculturalism as they see it as giving too many concessions to cultures which infringe upon western cultures.

Classical Mechanic

I lost all faith in Krugman about six months ago, when he went batshit crazy during the US Democratic primaries.

As for the recession, it could well be mild, then again another random event, or a bad economic turn for another part of the world (how about from our largest trading partner the EU for instance?) could make a mild recession into a horrific one. No-one knows what is around the corner, so you try and mitigate risk any chance you get, you don't deliberately worsen things in the hope they'll become better later.
Given that I voted remain I agree. Which is why I'm glad Junker has refused to meet Nicola Sturgeon as it is 'inappropriate'. At least he has some sense.

Marcelinho87

Quick question, if you work in a warehouse where they've had to hire 75% Eastern Europeans, who exactly do you expect to be working there if all the Eastern Europeans leave?
As a leave voter my vote wasn't about removing immigrants so they would still be there.

Plus if the UK opted to limit immigration those already here would be unaffected imo.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
As a leave voter my vote wasn't about removing immigrants so they would still be there.

Plus if the UK opted to limit immigration those already here would be unaffected imo.
It was a primary motivation for Leave however, you can't just ignore the immigration debate even though if we are to rejoin the single market we will have to accept freedom of movement.

Stanley Road

Renaissance Man
A Scottish girl i work with voted for independence solely because she did not want her country to leave the eu by proxy.

Thats foresight, they had their chance and bottled it.

Sturgeon just has to swallow the medicine

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
A Scottish girl i work with voted for independence solely because she did not want her country to leave the eu by proxy.

Thats foresight, they had their chance and bottled it.

Sturgeon just has to swallow the medicine
Um, nah. You can't vote to feck your country up on maybes and threats. They voted for union, we essentially voted to tell them to do one because our politicians and voters are all apparently deluded bellends.

Tyrion

He asks for a grown-up and sensible attitude during the negotiations and in litterally the next sentence he insults the parliament by saying they haven't had a proper job in their life...

He just wants to make BoJo's life more difficult, no? Hoping to take advantage of this for UKIP in the next general elections?
That's what worries me. I honestly think half of the promises made by the Leave campaign won't be fulfilled and UKIP will be waiting to blame it on everyone but themselves.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Were there not signs that the economy was already slowing down prior to the commencement of campaigning? Much of it attributable to Osborne's failure to invest, and the strictures of further cuts.
:lol: yea it's all just a total coincidence.

Also, global warming is a myth.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
You are still living in cloud cuckoo land then , scaremongering on the economy, no- fact everyone who had any sense told you that , no the economy wasn't slowing before the vote only because the markets feared the brexit as was said hundreds of times but deny deny deny - the pound has dropped 24 cents against the Euro since November - when are you going to wake up!!
If you want to let your politics cloud your judgement, go right ahead. I myself believe that the Chancellor's record on investment leaves a lot to be desired.

Although you might find the two videos i posted on page 104...educational.

Last edited:

Tyrion

Nigel Farage is mostly a clown, but I must say that I loved him ripping into the EU representatives.

"None of you have ever had a real job" :lol:
Funny given that he never shows up for their 'fake job'. I wonder if he doesn't accept any of the money for that fake job.

I ran into an Express article about an 'epic Nigel Farage speech.'
Other than calling that speech epic the best thing were the comments. Lots of comments about how come Farage isn't a PM, he should be a PM, he'd be great, he's really honest and one of our own, he told those Europeans what it is.
One comment was something about - whoever doesn't like our Britain should pack their bags and leave.

And the best one. One poster wrote Rule Britannia but instead of Britannia rule the waves he wrote Britannia waives the rules.
I clicked on the Express today and it was slightly creepy. Aside from how slow the site was, there was an article explaining criticism of Juncker. By an ex-tennis player.

I really don't think the people that write it are actualy journalists.