Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
I think there will be a renegotiation and new terms offered.

I accept that there will be some negative impact on the economy, I just reject the end of the world predictions that are common on here.

Nearly half don't predict economic meltdown in the medium to short term and more than half don't predict it in the long term.

I can take something positive from that.
I don't think that there will be economic meltdown. My concern is that without access to the single market, people will be significantly worse off compared to what they are now. However, if there is a renegotiation and new terms offered, I am also worried that would have a huge negative impact on a large number of voters, for whom out meant out.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Wow this post... a simple denial would have sufficed.
I'm not sure whether you're deliberately wumming but do you blame him for being pissed off about being falsely accused of something so serious? How would you like it if it something like that was levelled at you? I'll also question why only one poster picked up on this false accusation between the time that the post was put on here and Barca84 responding to it. A fair few people read it as there were responses to it - mine included - but despite name-checking Barca84 twice in the post, only one person questioned why he'd been cited. FWIW, I think it could be a simple case of the newbie getting Barca's posts mixed up with someone else's - I'm pretty sure I saw someone else on this thread make some reference about these attacks being exaggerated.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
The leavers also told us short term things would be difficult.

And then there's your language which tells us all we need to know about you and how you feel about yourself.

Want to know how I voted? Go take a look Mr Educated
Yes, it was a nice catch-all blanket concession but a lot of what we're seeing is going to be much more damaging than mere short-term difficulties.

What I think of myself is irrelevant, I've just read around the results of this vote extensively and it seems to be a recurring theme that those in the political backwoods of this country who feel abandoned by London voted in protest against it.

As for how you voted, there's 4.1k posts in this thread and I am ashamed to say I have not had the time to read them all yet. You've even restricted access to your profile page so I could not comb back through your previous posts even if I wanted.

Last edited:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I don't think that there will be economic meltdown. My concern is that without access to the single market, people will be significantly worse off compared to what they are now. However, if there is a renegotiation and new terms offered, I am also worried that would have a huge negative impact on a large number of voters, for whom out meant out.
Indeed. It's rather concerning what could happen if we tell a lot of people who voted based on being told we would 'close our borders' that either nothing or little changes with regards to immigration.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Where are you getting these figures from? Are you suggesting that one third of the leave vote were racists?
I wasn't getting them from anywhere.. just from experience of people in the UK.

Maybe that's a bit high

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This is the actual poll

https://www.ipsos-mori.com/Assets/Docs/Polls/economists-views-on-brexit-2016-charts.pdf

So 43% predicted in the range of 'some negative impact' to 'substantial positive impact' in the short to medium term and 66% in that range for the long term. So it isn't the absolute sky caving in prediction results some would have you believe.
Are you serious? Over 5 years you have 88% predicting negative consequences and even over 10-20 years it's still 72%, while only 5% or 11% have a positive outlook and you're trying to sell this as a positive?

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips

I just want to cry. What an absolute thundercnut that man is. Now he is embarrassing us even more and trolling the people we want and will need help from and to work with. I despise the smug faced cnut. I think I'm going to go and have another nap, this is just so depressing.
First time I've seen that. What a complete moron .
If you wanted a good deal from Europe you can say goodbye to that.
He's on a one-man destruction mission of the UK and the problem is people are letting him get away with it and those people are equally moronic.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Are you serious? Over 5 years you have 88% predicting negative consequences and even over 10-20 years it's still 72%, while only 5% or 11% have a positive outlook and you're trying to sell this as a positive?
He isn't. He's trying to sell this as less negative than the tone of this thread.

redshaw

Posters like this in the top left don't help and fuel and empower the anger. The other images are of old Nazi propaganda.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
First time I've seen that. What a complete moron .
If you wanted a good deal from Europe you can say goodbye to that.
He's on a one-man destruction mission of the UK and the problem is people are letting him get away with it and those people are equally moronic.

I'm lost for words with it. Disgusted, embarrassed, scared, angry, no fuming! I also can't believe people ever sided or listened to him. He's an absolute disgrace!

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm not sure whether you're deliberately wumming but do you blame him for being pissed off about being falsely accused of something so serious? How would you like it if it something like that was levelled at you?
I'm telling him to direct some of his anger towards the cause, the people acting out, the people he doesn't want to be associated with. Why direct it at the people pointing it out just because of some misguided us vs them view of the whole situation. We are talking about people being harassed, abused and attacked and some are angry that a correlation has been made with the Leave vote. Had anyone said all Leave voters are racist? Anyone said they are all thick? Sounds like some kind of victim complex...

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

I just want to cry. What an absolute thundercnut that man is. Now he is embarrassing us even more and trolling the people we want and will need help from and to work with. I despise the smug faced cnut. I think I'm going to go and have another nap, this is just so depressing.
Dish out some "I told you so, suckers" and personal attacks then call for calm and pragmatic reactions, that man is genius.

AshfordLad

Who the feck made Farage their MEP?
Proportional representation :lol:

I believe in leaving the EU but voted remain just because we have these bellends representing us. We can kiss a deal goodbye if this continues.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
How did UKIP get to be the largest representatives of the UK as MEPs for pity's sake. I despair of the UK
It's our own fault for saying there is no democracy in the EU when we elect numpties (largely through apathy) like Farage and his clowns.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
I'm telling him to direct some of his anger towards the cause, the people acting out, the people he doesn't want to be associated with. Why direct it at the people pointing it out just because of some misguided us vs them view of the whole situation. We are talking about people being harassed, abused and attacked and some are angry that a correlation has been made with the Leave vote. Had anyone said all Leave voters are racist? Anyone said they are all thick? Sounds like some kind of victim complex...
A newbie accused him of being an apologist and he refuted the allegation while at the same time expressing sympathy for the poster and those that have been on the receiving end of these attacks. What's wrong with that?

And no, there isn't any victim complex from me and I'm sure there isn't from Barca84 either but I'll say this - even if nobody on this or the other threads has universally accused all leave voters of being racist, you on more than one occasion have deliberately stoked the fire when grouping the 2 sets of people together with your "Not all leave voters are racist but all racists voted to leave" mantra. I suggest you wind your neck in and stop trolling.

King_Eric

He asks for a grown-up and sensible attitude during the negotiations and in litterally the next sentence he insults the parliament by saying they haven't had a proper job in their life...

He just wants to make BoJo's life more difficult, no? Hoping to take advantage of this for UKIP in the next general elections?

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Are you kidding me? Throughout this thread, all related brexit threads in this forum, and across vast swathes of social media that is exactly what is happening. I despair.

And who are these people I don't want to be associated with? If you mean racists yes absolutely. If you mean those who voted leave hoping it would improve their lot then absolutely not.

I'm not angry either. But I will fight my corner when it comes to democracy and rights of the people.

I say let them hold the referendum again because, you know what, the leave vote would be even bigger. And it would be bigger as a protest at the audacity of those who have power to ignore the democratic will of the people.

Minimalist

Farage is like a wild, shocking and yet still shit stand up comedian.

I don't know how people don't fall asleep listening to him. It's all predictable and a load of made up guff he's been repeating for years. It's a cult (his following), pretty much.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy

I'm lost for words with it. Disgusted, embarrassed, scared, angry, no fuming! I also can't believe people ever sided or listened to him. He's an absolute disgrace!
Reminds me of that Braveheart scene where William Wallace winks to his compatriot that he is "going to pick a fight" with his army facing off across a field to their English counterparts, and proceeds to ride across to the waiting English battle avoidance negotiators and taunt the sh*t out of them making a full blown battle inevitable.

mancan92

Not sure if posted yet: http://www.lbc.co.uk/im-so-scared-no...n-tears-132971

Karen moved to Britain from Germany in the 1970s but since Thursday's vote, she's become terrified as she faced a series of xenophobic attacks.

She was in tears from her opening line as she admitted: "I'm so scared now."

From having dog excrement thrown at her door to friends telling her they don't want to see her again, Karen gave a harrowing account of how she now feels unwelcome in the country where she made her home.

"I haven't been out of the house for three days," she sobbed. "My neighbours told me they don't want me living in this road.

"My friend's grandson got beaten up because he had a foreign grandmother.

"I'm so scared, I don't know what's going to happen next."
This is the worst part of this whole nonsense its given a voice to the racist idiots. I know some of you leave campaigners had some genuine reasons for wanting to leave but this was enough for you to vote remain. This is what will tear apart britian.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Been hearing from a lot of people since Friday, and my impression is that they aren't running around screaming, convinced the world's about to collapse. Most of them are very worried, though, being in a financial situation that looks vulnerable at the moment. Some have taken hits already, but not to the extent they're positively fecked. They're both shocked and angry, though, there's no question about that.

“It will sort itself out in the long run.”

Alright. It probably will, if you stretch that run long enough. But what's in it for people? What's in it which makes what looks like a ridiculous gamble necessary? I think that's what most of my friends are asking themselves. They don't see the upside. And the Leavers I've talked to in recent weeks have very little to offer in the form of answers: It's vague notions about sovereignty or equally vague notions about the EU being a generally bad thing which we're all better off without. No answers when I ask them precisely how those areas of Britain that do benefit from EU funding (and regulations, for that matter) will be better off under a “sovereign” Tory government.

“It's not the end of the world” is being used as an argument – for what? Not freaking out? Sure, no problem with that.

I just hope it wasn't treated as a reason for voting Leave: “Hey, this probably won't cause irreparable damages, so why the hell not?”

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
So what's the deal here, are the Treasury's educated experts simply displaying a lack of common sense? Or is that expertise can be influenced by politics?

Not those paragons in Remain would ever dream of misleading the public...:smirk:

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
A newbie accused him of being an apologist and he refuted the allegation while at the same time expressing sympathy for the poster and those that have been on the receiving end of these attacks. What's wrong with that?

And no, there isn't any victim complex from me and I'm sure there isn't from Barca84 either but I'll say this - even if nobody on this or the other threads has universally accused all leave voters of being racist, you on more than one occasion have deliberately stoked the fire when grouping the 2 sets of people together with your "Not all leave voters are racist but all racists voted to leave" mantra. I suggest you wind your neck in and stop trolling.
And we've just had @endless_wheelies calling leave voters "cretins". No ifs no buts. The "left behinds"

Classical Mechanic

He asks for a grown-up and sensible attitude during the negotiations and in litterally the next sentence he insults the parliament by saying they haven't had a proper job in their life...

He just wants to make BoJo's life more difficult, no? Hoping to take advantage of this for UKIP in the next general elections?
I'm not sure what motivates him. I don't even think it is immigration. He loathes the EU and wants to destroy it. No wonder Leave are trying to oust him from any negotiations.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca

Posters like this in the top left don't help and fuel and empower the anger. The other images are of old Nazi propaganda.
It's an appalling poster but that's what you get from Farage. I think the man is a cnut.

afrocentricity

"Not all leave voters are racist but all racists voted to leave" mantra. I suggest you wind your neck in and stop trolling.
Wind my neck in? Fcuk off...
That's not trolling that's a fact.

Skills

Snitch
EDF is french too and they were meant to be building Nuclear plants. And don't we borrow a lot of electricity from france around peak time, because we can't meet the demand here? I'm not really expert on it, but I wonder if that will have impact.

Marcelinho87

Just to combat the racism stuff that is happening.

I and a few others I know are leave voters, I am from a majority leave town.

I work in one of the biggest warehouses in the UK which is around 75% eastern european in workforce but I am glad to report no such thing is happening here.

Just goes to show it is the minority that are doing this and they are just using the leave voters as a guise.

afrocentricity

Are you kidding me? Throughout this thread, all related brexit threads in this forum, and across vast swathes of social media that is exactly what is happening. I despair.
In this thread? Name names, link the posts... I don't recall seeing any.

mancan92

Just to combat the racism stuff that is happening.

I and a few others I know are leave voters, I am from a majority leave town.

I work in one of the biggest warehouses in the UK which is around 75% eastern european in workforce but I am glad to report no such thing is happening here.

Just goes to show it is the minority that are doing this and they are just using the leave voters as a guise.
Maybe but regardless this kind of thing was easily predictable. The xenophobia going around and the empowerment the racists now feel was enough to vote remain.

AshfordLad

I'm not sure what motivates him. I don't even think it is immigration. He loathes the EU and wants to destroy it. No wonder Leave are trying to oust him from any negotiations.
He wants to create animosity towards EU to use at the next GE.

What better way of doing that by inflaming both sides of the negotiation.