Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'll assume that is relating to the incident with a man who I think is American receiving abuse from some wannabe hardmen. Having watched the video I hoped he would have laid them out as he looked quite big and they were scrawny toerags.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thanks - that's just about the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me :lol:
:lol:
Wasn't trying to be mean, just thought you telling me to wind my neck in was taking the piss. No one is calling you personally a racist or thick, but a lot of Leave voters clearly are one or both those things. Don't really care if the thought of that offends you or Barca etc... It is what it is.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'll assume that is relating to the incident with a man who I think is American receiving abuse from some wannabe hardmen. Having watched the video I hoped he would have laid them out as he looked quite big and they were scrawny toerags.
Yep, and yep.

Marcelinho87

Maybe but regardless this kind of thing was easily predictable. The xenophobia going around and the empowerment the racists now feel was enough to vote remain.
I was never going to change my vote to placate the xenophobic. They are simply using the outcome as a platform to show their true colours.

It does not mean the majority of leave voters are racist or xenophobic.

afrocentricity

B, quite obviously.
Really? Ok so you hate foreigners and think they should all back their countries, but you want to remain?

You think they are taking your jobs and destroying your country, but hey let them freely come and go, remain.

Really?

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Well so far everything that the remainers said would happen has happened (and to think we're not even out yet, this is just the effects of market confidence so far). They have every right to feel superior to the cretins who voted out, particularly given the subsequent analysis of the vote shows that overwhelmingly it was a vote between the educated and the uneducated, the made-its and the left-behinds.

Which way did you vote btw?
In this thread? Name names, link the posts... I don't recall seeing any.
Apparently I'm cherry picking calling @endless_wheelies out on this :rolleyes: Likened to Farage :boring:

That's just on the last page. I'm not trawling through the rest of the bile again but it's there for all to see as you well know.

afrocentricity

Apparently I'm cherry picking calling @endless_wheelies out on this :rolleyes: Likened to Farage :boring:

That's just on the last page. I'm not trawling through the rest of the bile again but it's there for all to see as you well know.
That guy just posted, after your initial claim too, but fair enough... I guess that proves your point.

Are you kidding me? Throughout this thread, all related brexit threads in this forum, and across vast swathes of social media that is exactly what is happening. I despair.
No, I guess it doesn't.

Last edited:

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy

Then you said
The leavers also told us short term things would be difficult.

And then there's your language which tells us all we need to know about you and how you feel about yourself.

Want to know how I voted? Go take a look Mr Educated
Then I said
Yes, it was a nice catch-all blanket concession but a lot of what we're seeing is going to be much more damaging than mere short-term difficulties.

What I think of myself is irrelevant, I've just read around the results of this vote extensively and it seems to be a recurring theme that those in the political backwoods of this country who feel abandoned by London voted in protest against it.

As for how you voted, there's 4.1k posts in this thread and I am ashamed to say I have not had the time to read them all yet. You've even restricted access to your profile page so I could not comb back through your previous posts even if I wanted.
How much longer do I have to wait for your intelligent rebuttal?

mancan92

I was never going to change my vote to placate the xenophobic. They are simply using the outcome as a platform to show their true colours.

It does not mean the majority of leave voters are racist or xenophobic.
Yeah but it empowers them and thats a worse effect than anything remaining in the EU would do. Germany weren't racist Nazi's before Hitler but all it takes is a small empowered movement for things to get truly bad. Not saying it would get there but this vote has empowered the absolute worst people in the country. Not everyone that voted leave is terrible but the people who have been empowered are going to be the terrible people.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I've seen some suggesting these racial incidents are "false flags" which is moronic however I don't like the way these incidents are being used by the media to support the narrative that leave voters are all racist. If 52% of the nation was truly racist I really don't believe the UK would be as tolerant as it already is nor would multiculturalism be as widespread as it throughout many cities and towns in England. These incidents are anecdotal, and it's not like they weren't happening already, they just weren't reported as they couldn't support a narrative. I hope the police make example of the offenders which should deter more idiots from engaging in this behaviour.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Just to combat the racism stuff that is happening.

I and a few others I know are leave voters, I am from a majority leave town.

I work in one of the biggest warehouses in the UK which is around 75% eastern european in workforce but I am glad to report no such thing is happening here.

Just goes to show it is the minority that are doing this and they are just using the leave voters as a guise.
In all my life I can say that I have never witnessed or heard of a racist incident where I live, whether in work or outside. I live in a "leave" town and today spoke to one of the Asian's that I know who works in the local shop. I asked whether he, or anyone he knew, had been the victim of any racism since the referendum. "No" he said, looking a bit puzzled. Good, I replied. I then asked whether he, or anyone he knew, had ever been on the end of any racism at all. "No" he said. Oh..apart from about 1 year ago. I asked him what happened. He replied that someone had called him a Paki. He was still looking a bit puzzled so I explained that I was on a forum on the internet where people were complaining that racism attacks were increasing. Oh right, he said, well no they haven't but thanks for asking anyway.

Maybe the racist abuse is in certain areas, it seems to be happening in London. It doesn't seem to be happening where I live in the NW anyway.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Rebuttal of what Mr Ed?
Why the leavers did fully warn us of the economic dangers of leaving, why my assertions on voting trends are wrong, why I should already know which way you voted.

On second thoughts though don't bother, I originally aimed to engage you in debate because I was curious as to what the big stink about you in this thread was. I have my answer however.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
I've seen some suggesting these racial incidents are "false flags" which is moronic however I don't like the way these incidents are being used by the media to support the narrative that leave voters are all racist. If 52% of the nation was truly racist I really don't believe the UK would be as tolerant as it already is nor would multiculturalism be as widespread as it throughout many cities and towns in England. These incidents are anecdotal, and it's not like they weren't happening already, they just weren't reported as they couldn't support a narrative. I hope the police make example of the offenders which should deter more idiots from engaging in this behaviour.
Good post. No doubt some plankton think the referendum result is a green card for some racial abuse. Let's hope the authorities make a lesson of them.

And yes it does feel as though these incidents are being used by the thwarted remain campaign as part of an ongoing points scoring exercise.

In all my life I can say that I have never witnessed or heard of a racist incident where I live, whether in work or outside. I live in a "leave" town and today spoke to one of the Asian's that I know who works in the local shop. I asked whether he, or anyone he knew, had been the victim of any racism since the referendum. "No" he said, looking a bit puzzled. Good, I replied. I then asked whether he, or anyone he knew, had ever been on the end of any racism at all. "No" he said. Oh..apart from about 1 year ago. I asked him what happened. He replied that someone had called him a Paki. He was still looking a bit puzzled so I explained that I was on a forum on the internet where people were complaining that racism attacks were increasing. Oh right, he said, well no they haven't but thanks for asking anyway.

Maybe the racist abuse is in certain areas, it seems to be happening in London. It doesn't seem to be happening where I live in the NW anyway.
We've a multi cultural society and like all multi cultural societies there are racial tensions. Thankfully we have developed, largely due to the acknowledgement of racism past and present, a very robust criminal justice system for dealing with this sort of stuff. It's a system that some of our neighbours have much to learn from.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Why the leavers did fully warn us of the economic dangers of leaving, why my assertions on voting trends are wrong, why I should already know which way you voted.

On second thoughts though don't bother, I originally aimed to engage you in debate because I was curious as to what the big stink about you in this thread was. I have my answer however.
Excellent because I doubt very much there is anything for me to be gained from entering into debate with a man who thinks the entire leave vote are "cretins"

So that's saved us both a job eh? Next!

Will Absolute clears things up with regards to racist reports: Remainers suggesting the vote has unleashed a flood of racism when it hasn't

Will Absolute

Racist incidents occur all the time, but the media generally ignore them, preferring to present a dubious picture of racial harmony - everybody, or almost everybody, living happily together in a multicultural, multi-ethnic society. Now it's in the liberal interest to do the reverse: to suggest that this vote, which they abominate, has unleashed a flood of racism which did not previously exist.

I suspect Britain will return to its normal level of racial discontent once things settle down.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
About the 2 racist thugs on the tram in Manchester, Farage says
"I would say to them if they had those feelings, those feelings should not as strong this week as they were last week"

Now does this mean it's ok to have those feelings but don't worry they'll all be gone soon.
Or does he suggest to the moronic racists that this week the borders are now closed so no more will be coming

What does he mean, please clarify Mr Farage, I mean , I wouldn't dare to call you racist

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I haven't seen anyone (in this thread) suggesting that the vote has generated attitudes that weren't already there, or that it has increased the number of xenophobes in the UK: What people have suggested is that certain elements have been empowered by the vote, which seems to be the case. Instances of school children being taunted and told they're not wanted in the country, or elderly women of German descent being hassled by their neighbours, weren't commonplace (but, remarkably, not covered by any media outlet) before the vote.

This entire phenomenon (what people experience as a development for the worse in terms of openly expressed hostility) can't be dreamed up by hysterical Remainers. I don't buy that for one second. It will hopefully be a temporary surge – but that doesn't mean it's some sort of illusion created by the media.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Nigel Farage is mostly a clown, but I must say that I loved him ripping into the EU representatives.

"None of you have ever had a real job" :lol:

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Racist incidents occur all the time, but the media generally ignore them, preferring to present a dubious picture of racial harmony - everybody, or almost everybody, living happily together in a multicultural, multi-ethnic society. Now it's in the liberal interest to do the reverse: to suggest that this vote, which they abominate, has unleashed a flood of racism which did not previously exist.

I suspect Britain will return to its normal level of racial discontent once things settle down.
Why are pro-Brexit Sky reporting them?

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Really? Ok so you hate foreigners and think they should all back their countries, but you want to remain?

You think they are taking your jobs and destroying your country, but hey let them freely come and go, remain.

Really?
I think it perfectly plausible that someone of a xenophobic or racist disposition, was won over by the government's scaremongering on the economy. Alternatively, the group to which said person is offensive, might not have been a factor in the referendum (anti-Semitism for instance).

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
The current official forecast for the UK is a mild recession by the start of next year. Krugman even predicts no recession.

Do you really think that millions will lose their jobs?
I lost all faith in Krugman about six months ago, when he went batshit crazy during the US Democratic primaries.

As for the recession, it could well be mild, then again another random event, or a bad economic turn for another part of the world (how about from our largest trading partner the EU for instance?) could make a mild recession into a horrific one. No-one knows what is around the corner, so you try and mitigate risk any chance you get, you don't deliberately worsen things in the hope they'll become better later.

afrocentricity

I keep thinking Fallout the game when i see this thread, gotta finish that game...

afrocentricity

I think it perfectly plausible that someone of a xenophobic or racist disposition, was won over by the government's scaremongering on the economy. Alternatively, the group to which said person is offensive, might not have been a factor in the referendum (anti-Semitism for instance).
I don't follow...

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
@Nick 0208 Ldn is right, you could be racist and still vote remain. I mean fact of the matter is you might not want to wreck the economy and still hate "the blacks".

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Were there not signs that the economy was already slowing down prior to the commencement of campaigning? Much of it attributable to Osborne's failure to invest, and the strictures of further cuts.

afrocentricity

@Nick 0208 Ldn is right, you could be racist and still vote remain. I mean fact of the matter is you might not want to wreck the economy and still hate "the blacks".
It doesn't sound likely to me... Maybe we should agree to disagree? I must admit I don't know the inner workings of the racist mind.

Didn't think I was saying anything controversial to be fair, most racist organisations have been promoting brexit haven't they?