Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Do people think the BBC have some leave-related bias then?
If there was a mirror version of the caf somewhere where the posters leaned leave as much we lean remain, I'm sure they'd be complaining about the BBC being a remainer organisation. People's perception of bias tends to be very biased.

Though as far as I can tell the actual presenters/journalists of the extended BBC are far more likely to be pro-remain than pro-leave. That's probably natural though given their typical age/education profile would suggest they would lean in that direction anyway.

Last edited:

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I was thinking about how inept in this governing stuff your lot appear to be. I do not necessarily refer to the inability to reach a decision but rather the 'preparations' for different outcomes. Wasn't always the case was it ? The civil service used to have a lot more say in how things were implemented ?
But the problem is that Mrs May doesn't listen to anyone; not even her own Cabinet.
She most certainly does not take any notice of HoC votes.
She just makes up her mind and then bangs ahead regardless.
I am right and it is everyone else who is wrong.

So. The civil service has no chance of any influence.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Yes, he's got short hair and he's lost weight, too. There's pics in the tabloids of him at a charity bash a couple of weeks ago. He looks very different.
He is also spookily quiet.
Probably keeping his head below the parapet waiting for the inevitable to happen and then it will be cometh the hour cometh the blonde saviour.

Can he do any worse. Highly likely....

beedoubleyou

Obviously thread titles are somewhat flippant, and, from time to time, actually quite funny.

In this instance however, I'm not sure mocking a desperate attempt to derail a stunning act of treachery is a laughing matter.

This path goes on forever. Any attempt to stop The United Kingdom from this madness should be applauded. Signing a petition probably won't do a thing.

Not doing a thing certainly won't do a thing.

At least let historians know, that after the turkeys voted for Christmas, not all of them preheated the oven.

Silva

Obviously thread titles are somewhat flippant, and, from time to time, actually quite funny.

In this instance however, I'm not sure mocking a desperate attempt to derail a stunning act of treachery is a laughing matter.

This path goes on forever. Any attempt to stop The United Kingdom from this madness should be applauded. Signing a petition probably won't do a thing.

At least let historians know, that after the turkeys voted for Christmas, not all of them preheated the oven.
if any future historians are reading this thread for insight: get a real job you fecking hippies

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
How the media let malicious idiots take over
Be it Jacob Rees-Mogg or Nigel Farage, blusterers and braggarts are rewarded with platforms that distort our political debate
The BBC used its current affairs programmes to turn Nigel Farage and Jacob Rees-Mogg into reality TV stars, and now they have the nation in their hands.
The best thing to have happened to the career of William Sitwell, the then-editor of Waitrose magazine, was the scandal he caused when he sent a highly unprofessional, juvenile email to a freelance journalist, Selene Nelson, who was pitching an article on vegan food. “How about a series on killing vegans, one by one. Ways to trap them? How to interrogate them properly? Expose their hypocrisy? Force-feed them meat,” he asked her. He was obliged to resign. As a result of the furore, he was snapped up by the Telegraph as its new food critic, with a front-page launch and expensive publicity shoot.

Last June, the scandal merchant Isabel Oakeshott was exposed for withholding a cache of emails detailing Leave.EU co-founder Arron Banks’ multiple meetings with Russian officials, which might have been of interest to the Electoral Commission’s investigation into the financing of the Brexit campaign. During the following days she was invited on to Question Time and other outlets, platforms she used to extol the virtues of Brexit. By contrast, the journalist who exposed her, Carole Cadwalladr, has been largely frozen out by the BBC.

This is not the first time Oakeshott appears to have been rewarded for questionable behaviour. Following the outrage caused by her unevidenced (and almost certainly untrue) story that David Cameron put his penis in a dead pig’s mouth, Paul Dacre, the then editor of the Daily Mail, promoted her to political editor-at-large.
More:
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ical-monsters-media-jacob-rees-mogg-platforms

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

The title changes are the best thing about this thread.

stevoc

How the media let malicious idiots take over
Be it Jacob Rees-Mogg or Nigel Farage, blusterers and braggarts are rewarded with platforms that distort our political debate

More:
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ical-monsters-media-jacob-rees-mogg-platforms
Good article, this bit ties into an LBC interview i watched the other day with a vote Leave staffer.

On both sides of the Atlantic, the unscrupulous, duplicitous and preposterous are brought to the fore, as programme-makers seek to generate noise. Malicious clowns are invited to discuss issues of the utmost complexity. Ludicrous twerps are sought out and lionised. The BBC used its current affairs programmes to turn Nigel Farage and Jacob Rees-Mogg into reality TV stars, and now they have the nation in their hands.

He talks about how the media are only interested in giving air time to extreme views on Brexit. Basically clowns like Mogg and Farage.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Don't worry! ;)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/22/uri-geller-promises-to-stop-brexit-using-telepathy

"Uri Geller promises to stop Brexit using telepathy

Illusionist has told Theresa May he will ‘not allow’ her to lead Britain out of the EU"
Considering he twists and bends spoons by applying enough force in a very subtle and discreet way so that it appears he’s merely caressing them, I hope this means he’s going to appear to be whispering affectionately to May but in reality he’s delivering a series of forceful headbutts.

beedoubleyou

if any future historians are reading this thread for insight: get a real job you fecking hippies
I meant that they'd be looking at the petition.

The only people looking at this forum 10 years later will be LadBible, still stealing content and swimming in a pool of gold coins.

cnuts.

Smores

So we now have senior MPs meeting face to face and telling her to go and a PM who after negotiating with the EU on her deal isn't even bringing it to parliament.

Sigh just fecking sigh

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Not as stupid as the muppet who was on Channel 4 and admitted to voting three times using fake names to show that the petition was a load of shit. Openly admitting to fraud on live television. :lol:
Did the hosts question him about the email verification? The fact that fecktards like him are being given a platform is ridiculous.

That Hartley-Brewer asshole has been absolutely destroyed in the replies to that tweet, and yet has cherry picked one or two of her acolytes to reply to and has since tweeted more stuff about multiple signatures.

How someone can live with themselves whilst being so blatantly shown up as a liar like that is beyond me.

MadMike

She's almost impressively stupid.
She’s an MP, it’s a prerequisite. But it could be worse than that as well. It’s better to be stupid than a malicious liar and it’s quite likely she’s the latter.

The leave campaign is an ideological campaign built on lies by people who know they are lying but every time those lies get exposed they are doubling down in indignation. And they know what they are doing because they still swing voters to their side, those to whom feelings are more important than logic. Her tweet gained couple thousand more likes after every response proved it as fake.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I often wonder what discussions between these people in private are like. Hartley-Brewer above, GOPers in the US etc etc, when they get together and discuss strategy about lying and ignoring the vast amount of times they're shown up, just carrying on regardless.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
She’s an MP, it’s a prerequisite. But it could be worse than that as well. It’s better to be stupid than a malicious liar and it’s quite likely she’s the latter.

The leave campaign is an ideological campaign built on lies by people who know they are lying but every time those lies get exposed they are doubling down in indignation. And they know what they are doing because they still swing voters to their side, those to whom feelings are more important than logic. Her tweet gained couple thousand more likes after every response proved it as fake.
Yea she's unquestionably a malicious liar. See my followup posts :)

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Did the hosts question him about the email verification? The fact that fecktards like him are being given a platform is ridiculous.

That Hartley-Brewer asshole has been absolutely destroyed in the replies to that tweet, and yet has cherry picked one or two of her acolytes to reply to and has since tweeted more stuff about multiple signatures.

How someone can live with themselves whilst being so blatantly shown up as a liar like that is beyond me.
What do you think? TV hosts dont do jack these days, they just let idiots come on their shows and talk a bunch of shit without ever being challenged.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
What do you think? TV hosts dont do jack these days, they just let idiots come on their shows and talk a bunch of shit without ever being challenged.
Sounds about right.

Same as the BBC tweet discussed over recent pages. Posing the question is enough.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Rumours she may pull the vote on her deal (assuming the speaker would allow it)
Is she hoping that in the indicative votes if she whips her MP's against all options other than her deal she can demonstrate her deal is one of if not the most popular option?
Not sure it would work but it would solidify her position if it worked... I'm not sure she has the authority in the party to pull it off though

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Unfortunately Trump has changed the landscape of politics, I fear forever. He’s shown that you can lie, ignore bad press and demonize those who speak out against you, ignore facts, what use are facts?

Now it’s spread to UK politics through Farage (who is mates with Trump) and spread from there.

Cloud7

The media have a LOT to answer for as it pertains to widespread misinformation and giving a platform to ridiculous and dangerous views and people in the last few years, all in the name of ratings.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I don't really see the point in this petition. I bet there will be similar number of brexiters who sign a petition if the article 50 is revoked.

Since its not legally binding -- scrap the whole thing and admit that you've royally fecked up.

RedChip

Rumours she may pull the vote on her deal (assuming the speaker would allow it)
Is she hoping that in the indicative votes if she whips her MP's against all options other than her deal she can demonstrate her deal is one of if not the most popular option?
Not sure it would work but it would solidify her position if it worked... I'm not sure she has the authority in the party to pull it off though
Wouldn't whipping make indicative votes totally pointless? Hope neither she nor Corbyn does/is allowed.