Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
If it was one of the two pro Leave votes yes. Think of it like a branching path. You're effectively reading the question "Do you want to leave the EU?" But then saying "If you chose Leave, then choose from one of the two options.
You can't just go with what a minority want. Honestly you either have just one CLEAR Leave option as what should have been done originally or just go with what the one that generates the most people want.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
You can't just go with what a minority want. Honestly you either have just one CLEAR Leave option as what should have been done originally or just go with what the one that generates the most people want.
Hey, I'm no chef and I also didn't turn up with a grocery bag filled with liquid shit. The reality is Remain was clear cut in its definition and Leave meant feck all then and three years down the line still means absolutely feck all now.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Hey, I'm no chef and I also didn't turn up with a grocery bag filled with liquid shit. The reality is Remain was clear cut in its definition and Leave meant feck all then and three years down the line still means absolutely feck all now.
Exactly which is why you can't just make up rules to prop up a Leave argument. That's how we've ended up in this mess.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
It should actually be pretty simple now. Parliament has clearly failed to come to a consensus and reach an agreement - the ONLY logical recourse should therefore be to go back to the public to seek a new/clearer mandate.

Eire Red United

Yeah and Sinn Fein complain about Brexit and what it means for NI and go over to London appear on TV but won't actually represent people that voted them in the HoC. Any wonder NI politics screwed. Bunch of hypocrites
Following on their mandate of not sitting in a foreign parliament, the mandate they were elected on. Do some research before spouting rubbish.

spiriticon

If there were a comfirmatory public vote, remain can't be on the ballot. That was a question that was already answered in 2016.

It has to be between 2 leave options I think. PM's deal or Customs Union (most popular one from tonight)

hobbers

We are going to end up with either no customs union (May's deal) vs customs union in a referendum, or at a stretch customs union vs single market in a referendum I think.

Latter will be if we have a snap GE beforehand.

acnumber9

If there were a comfirmatory public vote, remain can't be on the ballot. That was a question that was already answered in 2016.

It has to be between 2 leave options I think. PM's deal or Customs Union (most popular one from tonight)
That’s like saying Labour can’t be on the ballot for the next general election. That was a question already answered in 2017.

spiriticon

That’s like saying Labour can’t be on the ballot for the next general election. That was a question already answered in 2017.
Well yes there shouldn't be a another general election, or another referendum.

People have answered the questions, and parliament keep asking again and again and again cause they are too rubbish to actually do anything.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I can see the SNP voting in favour of Clarke's proposal next Monday (they abstained today).

edit: Is there a link to a party breakdown on all votes (BBC just has the top 3)?

spiriticon

In fact why don't we just call it best out of 11 Brexit referendums. One held every three years to see if the public changes it mind over next 33 years. Ridonkidoodlous.

acnumber9

Well yes there shouldn't be a another general election, or another referendum.

People have answered the questions, and parliament keep asking again and again and again cause they are too rubbish to actually do anything.
Ever?

Infra-red

I doubt the EU would give us the A50 extension necessary for a 2nd ref without a remain option being included on the ballot.

Smores

In fact why don't we just call it best out of 11 Brexit referendums. One held every three years to see if the public changes it mind over next 33 years. Ridonkidoodlous.
Obviously you're not able to make the distinction between voting prior to negotiations and following negotiations, i think most people aren't so simple.

spiriticon

Obviously you're not able to make the distinction between voting prior to negotiations and following negotiations, i think most people aren't so simple.
I'm not against a vote to ask people to choose between 2 leave options after negotiations. That gives a choice to the people, and doesn't completely ignore the 2016 referendum

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Not sure why everyone is so surprised - it was highly unlikely a majority will be reached after round 1 of indicative votes with 8 different routes on offer.

It’s a step in the right direction, need to keep whittling it down till we get somewhere.

Infra-red

Why can't we have another referendum after we leave the EU for a few years and let things settle? I won't oppose that.
We'd have to actually leave first, which is proving pretty difficult.

A second ref or a GE might be needed to break the deadlock.

Eire Red United

Hmm you might be on to something there. Take the Tories and the DUP off the ballot paper as well and all our problems could be solved.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Not sure why everyone is so surprised - it was highly unlikely a majority will be reached after round 1 of indicative votes with 8 different routes on offer.

It’s a step in the right direction, need to keep whittling it down till we get somewhere.
But it wasn't a choice between the 8, they could vote yes or no on each one.

acnumber9

Why can't we have another referendum after we leave the EU for a few years and let things settle? I won't oppose that.
We could. It’s not going to save that fact that the vast majority of trade in the UK could be crippled overnight, the loss of jobs or the amount of money lost but at least we wouldn’t have to consider the possibility that people have changed their mind over the course of 3 years.