Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Quite the opposite. No deal is most likely now.
Yup. Some talk that Boris is talking tough now but will row back later, but I'm struggling to see that given it's the exact tactic that May had and also what consequently finished her. Then again, maybe the Brexit bunch really are simple minded enough to back it this time purely because it's being done by a Brexiter.

Sweet Square

Just shows that it the same Eurosceptics making all the noise again. Hard to deduce if they’ve recruited any other real die hards through all this.
Yeah have to wait and see on Monday but I'm still of the view that most of country have little interest in Brexit other than wanting to just end.
Dunno, Labour still lost.
Considering the prime minster ran off crying on national television I'd hardly saw the tories have won.

nickm

Yeah have to wait and see on Monday but I'm still of the view that most of country have little interest in Brexit other than wanting to just end.

Considering the prime minster ran off crying on national television I'd hardly saw the tories have won.
I know you don't want to really get this because it flies against the fantasy, but Labour really did actually lose the last election and that is with this supposedly popular manifesto and the holy Jezza.

As for the next election, if Labour really want to win it, the absolute prerequisite is to ditch Corbyn and put in someone competent and relatively moderate. He's fantastically unpopular among the electorate.

Finally May quit because her party lost confidence in her, not because of anything Jezza did (according to Momentum). Your emperor has no clothes mate.

Last edited:

Sweet Square

I know you don't want to really get this because it flies against the fantasy, but Labour really did actually lose the last election and that is with this supposedly popular manifesto and the holy Jezza.

As for the next election, if Labour really want to win it, the absolute prerequisite is to ditch Corbyn and put in someone competent and relatively moderate. He's fantastically unpopular among the electorate.

Finally May quit because her party lost confidence in her, not because of anything Jezza did (according to Momentum). Your emperor has no clothes mate.
:lol:

Oh Nick just lighten up a little bit and you might start to enjoy this place more. At the very least it will make your posts more tolerable to read.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Rees Mogg isn't interested in becoming PM. He's only after his bank balance.

nickm

:lol:

Oh Nick you are so dull sometimes. Just lighten up a bit and you might enjoy this place more.
Country is going to the dogs while United are finding innovative new ways to torture us. This is the obvious place to visit for fun...

Sweet Square

Country is going to the dogs while United are finding innovative new ways to torture us. This is the obvious place to visit for fun...
Brexit is so clearly a result of the past decades of neo liberalism and english nationalism, how can you do anything other than laugh at it ? There's no need anymore for shit one liners from Ian Hislop or Guardian opinion pieces to tell you some underlining message, even Chomsky manfraction constant seem almost outdated as Trump literally says he wants to invade countries for their resources or even Change UK open and clear defence of neoliberalism.
I mean the first post you quoted of mine today is me asking another poster why is he bringing up the soviet union when talking about Corbyn. We have gone past any grounded historical and political analysis and are just dealing with pure class interest.

And all this by the way is utterly POINTLESS because without any huge changes to our economy(Going million miles further to the left than the current labour party)than the Earth with all us on it, is going to die. So if your not laughing at how stupid and clear our current world is at the moment then your missing out on some great content.

Denis79

Brexit is so clearly a result of the past decades of neo liberalism and english nationalism, how can you do anything other than laugh at it ? There's no need anymore for shit one liners from Ian Hislop or Guardian opinion pieces to tell you some underlining message, even Chomsky manfraction constant seem almost outdated as Trump literally says he wants to invade countries for their resources or even Change UK open and clear defence of neoliberalism.
I mean the first post you quoted of mine today is me asking another poster why is he bringing up the soviet union when talking about Corbyn. We have gone past any grounded historical and political analysis and are just dealing with pure class interest.

And all this by the way is utterly POINTLESS because without any huge changes to our economy(Going million miles further to the left than the current labour party)than the Earth with all us on it, is going to die. So if your not laughing at how stupid and clear our current world is at the moment then your missing out on some great content.
It is alarming how the focus in most western countries is on nationalism and economy when there are greater issues at hand. It is incredible what sheep we have become, we question nothing anymore… I am guilty of this as well.

Precaution

Boris and Rees-Mogg with a senior cabinet post would make me want to pretend to be a non-Brit so they kick me out of the country.
If we end up with Boris and Rees-Mog then we would end up being the quintessential British stereotype that Americans think the British are.

dogrob

Just Watching The Wheels Go Round And Round
Who in your opinion has got the guts to revoke A50? Look at the list of likely suspects
I dont believe any of that motley crew have the guts to revoke Article 50 and believe that on the 31st of October that the UK will leave the EU with no deal and if the EU give another extension then I am afraid that I dont understand the world anymore, I would like finally to know where I stand and what I need to continue living and working in Germany and what will happen with the British portion of my pension.

But hey good old BoJo and his cronies will make all good again and Great Britain will rise like a phoenix from the ashes, somehow I dont think so.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
If not him, it'll be Pob.
I think he helped his cause a lot this day... Can see plenty of MPs bcking him

The key is can the anybody but Johnson supporters tactically vote to stop him getting to the last two if he promises no deal as that would probably secure the erg votes for him

And if Johnson gets to the final two then I can't see anybody stopping him

Last edited:

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
I dont believe any of that motley crew have the guts to revoke Article 50 and believe that on the 31st of October that the UK will leave the EU with no deal and if the EU give another extension then I am afraid that I dont understand the world anymore, I would like finally to know where I stand and what I need to continue living and working in Germany and what will happen with the British portion of my pension.

But hey good old BoJo and his cronies will make all good again and Great Britain will rise like a phoenix from the ashes, somehow I dont think so.
Yes agree totally.
Can't see anything other than no deal.
As you say the EU granting another extension would be a grave mistake.

Maticmaker

It's clearly worked on some then. Out of interest do you know Corbyn ?

The last election the tories threw all the smears they could but it didn't work, not because Corbyn is great or anything(Although even the people who dislike him admitted he ran a great campaign)but because Labour manifesto was popular amongst the country. People don't give a shit about Seamus Milne(Most people don't even know who he is), they care about housing, wages, funding the NHS etc.

Also I literally have no idea why brought up the soviet union.
Many years ago when I was an AUEW shop Steward, but it was more a passing acquaintance.

I think you are reading too much into the Russian thing, I was simply pointing out that Jeremy makes a good front man, (ooh Jeremy Corbyn etc.) but he's not the one pulling the strings, that is more likely to be John McDonnell

Maticmaker

Why is nobody mentioning Rees-Mogg as potential PM? I mean he's awful but I'm surprised to have not seen his name as one of the runners.
I suspect he sees himself as the 'Kingmaker', if two No deal Brexiteers make it to the final mass membership vote (one presumably Boris) many grass roots Tories will be swayed by anything JRM has to say on the matter. At the moment everyone thinks Jacob R Mogg is for Boris, but its not a certainty that he would endorse him in the final ballot, if there was another No dealer option!

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I suspect he sees himself as the 'Kingmaker', if two No deal Brexiteers make it to the final mass membership vote (one presumably Boris) many grass roots Tories will be swayed by anything JRM has to say on the matter. At the moment everyone thinks Jacob R Mogg is for Boris, but its not a certainty that he would endorse him in the final ballot, if there was another No dealer option!
Yes I think mogg also knows that the pm who implements brexit... Be that no deal or some deal will be unpopular... Mogg probably fancies being kingmaker with a Major cabinet role and getting that cabinet experience to bolster his CV to be the next leader

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
So are the results tonight or tomorrow for the European elections?