Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WensleyMU

I was applying to jobs in UK and every recruiter told me we must first prove we dont have anyone as skilled in the UK, then from EU and finally everyone else as a third pool.

Brexit aside I think this sounds like a very damaging policy to get skilled labored in your country. America has dominated technology and medicine by letting in high skilled immigrants from anywhere throughout the previous decades.
Which is similar to the experience of my sister in law, a Thai national. Oddly though she was educated in the UK, but it seemingly counts for nothing (she had to return to Thailand).

Like many non EU citizens living in the UK, she doesn't no how long she will be able to stay.

Which is why the majority of non EU migrants leave within 5 years.

MadMike

Definitely Cummings strategy going to plan. He was caught goading Corbyn after the vote last night whilst being drunk :lol:

Not sure that proves anything mate. The whole "pressure's getting to him" argument seems a bit baseless.

Of course he wants an election and ultimately he will get that. When, how and what the state of things is when it happens remains to be seen.

NinjaFletch

Her language typically aligns with the government this way.
It does, but I wonder if that's not partly because it's hiding an equally deep flaw which is that she does not really understand what is happening. There's been a few things she has said recently that just leave you scratching your head and wondering how she became the BBC's political editor (for example, the inability to distinguish between Johnson being able to call 'for' an election, but not call an election this week).

That, combined with the fact that all her sources are in the Tory party, gives you a person who mimics the language they're fed to bluff their way through it and who doesn't have the nous, inclination or skills to realise they're being fed a line.

Tarrou

Which is similar to the experience of my sister in law, a Thai national. Oddly though she was educated in the UK, but it seemingly counts for nothing (she had to return to Thailand).

Like many non EU citizens living in the UK, she doesn't no how long she will be able to stay.

You think we should leave because the UKs non-EU immigration rules are bad?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

Those are non EU rules :lol:

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips

So I was right,it's the UK's rules - you should have voted to leave the UK rather than the EU.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Not sure that proves anything mate. The whole "pressure's getting to him" argument seems a bit baseless.

Of course he wants an election and ultimately he will get that. When, how and what the state of things is when it happens remains to be seen.
It proves that Tories have been planning and desiring an election, despite BJ’s claims that he isn’t. I think BJ is delighted how things have gone so far, and it seems he is also playing a 'blinder'.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Actually there would, because they would then have access to FoM and could quite easily move outside the UK, effectively using the UK as a means to get to another EU country.

Which is why no EU member does this, because it impacts all EU members.

There has to be some checks and balances in place, but there doesn't need to be a massive cost and an excessive time frame involved.

Consider this. Many people are worried about EU migrants futures in the UK. They can't settle or plan futures because of uncertainty. Well that's what non EU migrants deal with every day.

While more people do come from outside the EU, a majority of them do not remain here, which is due in part to the difficulty in getting citizenship.
Actually not, because FoM only applies to EU citizens with an EU passport. And UK did it the same way with foreign Nationals living in other EU countries. They still have to apply for a UK visa. No FoM for them, nada, zero, null...

MadMike

It proves that Tories have been planning and desiring an election, despite BJ’s claims that he isn’t. I think BJ is delighted how things have gone so far, and it seems he is also playing a 'blinder'.
Well yeah, I think that much is obvious. I think they'll get it by mid-October, like they planned to, as well.

Sturgeon wants it and she wants it agreed by end of the week.

If she backs BoJo on this, depending on what the independents do as well, they will most likely have the numbers irrespective of what Corbyn does. And if Corbyn doesn't vote for it, he will appear weak.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Well yeah, I think that much is obvious. I think they'll get it by mid-October, like they planned to, as well.

If she backs BoJo on this, depending on what the independents do as well, they will most likely have the numbers irrespective of what Corbyn does. And if Corbyn doesn't vote for it, he will appear weak.
Who knows?! Loads of bluff and bullshit going on.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I was applying to jobs in UK and every recruiter told me we must first prove we dont have anyone as skilled in the UK, then from EU and finally everyone else as a third pool.

Brexit aside I think this sounds like a very damaging policy to get skilled labored in your country. America has dominated technology and medicine by letting in high skilled immigrants from anywhere throughout the previous decades.
That has nothing to do with the EU. Recruiters are saying that because there is some tiny thruth to that, but mostly companies do not want to hire from outside of EU - so it‘s easier to Tell you that story which is in most cases a lie.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Perhaps I'm misreading or misunderstanding, but Tories + SNP + independents wouldn't be enough to get the 434 votes required to trigger an election?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Given all the shite shite BJ has spouted over the years, plus all the inevitable gaffe's he'll make in the future, he's going to get pilloried every time he steps upto the box.

Not a great look in these twitter times. This was savage.

Hammerfell

Given all the shite shite BJ has spouted over the years, plus all the inevitable gaffe's he'll make in the future, he's going to get pilloried every time he steps upto the box.

Already posted in the correct thread.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
So -

what happens if the EU decline a further extension - how does the bill stop no-deal - does the UK parliament ratify the WA or does it revoke A50

what happens if the EU do accept a further extension and January comes and goes - ditto

what happens if there is a GE and Mr X or Party X wins - does the UK parliament ratify the WA or does it revoke A50

what happens if there is a referendum and Remain wins - does the UK parliament revoke A50

what happens if there is a referendum and Leave wins - does the UK ratify the WA or does it revoke A50.

What happens if both the Labour Tories continue to live in a fantasy world where there would be another withdrawal agreement- another 3 years pass?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Am I the only one who thinks that the deal will end up going through now?

fergieisold

Have you read the article? Boris is having a 'mare at the moment and is a shite PM but his reply is accurate.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You're right, I forgot about the super-majority requirement of the fixed terms act. /Facepalm
@sammsky1
yeah. Thats what I was trying to explain. And Labour wont play along, until they get what they want. Hence stuff like Cummings pathetically trying to goad Corbyn.

Corbyn should try for an election after halloween, so that the LEAVE/UKIP base have to witness him go to EU to ask for an extension, thereby reneging on his stated position that he'd never do so. Would make BJ look so weak, and would piss alot of the LEAVE base.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Have you read the article? Boris is having a 'mare at the moment and is a shite PM but his reply is accurate.
Yes I have, but his reply doesn't matter. He is purely an optics and PR politician, and this is him getting some comeuppance.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
That has nothing to do with the EU. Recruiters are saying that because there is some tiny thruth to that, but mostly companies do not want to hire from outside of EU - so it‘s easier to Tell you that story which is in most cases a lie.
What do you mean it has nothing to do with EU? You said yourself they don't wanna hire outside of EU (because it's easier to hire within EU).

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
An election now is resulting in a massive Tory majority. Sturgeon can feck off with that.

MadMike

There are three options -
Revoke A50 - ruled out
No Deal - ruled out
Ratify the WA - ruled out

Maybe a fourth option of living in limbo indefinitely.
I think the crucial thing here is that I don't see BoJo tweaking the political declaration and putting the WA to the floor for a 4th time. That would be humiliating for him after he said it's dead time, after time, after time. I also don't think he'd get enough support for it in Parliament regardless.

MadMike

Corbyn should try for an election after halloween, so that the LEAVE/UKIP base have to witness him go to EU to ask for an extension, thereby reneging on his stated position that he'd never do so. Would make BJ look so weak, and would piss alot of the LEAVE base.
What if he breaks the law and doesn't? Isn't it on Oct 19th it has to happen by? There'd be no time to play this through the courts. And even if he simply resigns on the day, the process to get a new PM would drag on longer than the remaining time.

I think that's what Sturgeon is alluding do, about removing BJ from the levers of power sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
There are three options -
Revoke A50 - ruled out
No Deal - ruled out
Ratify the WA - ruled out

Maybe a fourth option of living in limbo indefinitely.
Exactly, so if they do end up bringing it back to Parliament there are probably enough Labour rebel’s to pass it.

MadMike

An election now is resulting in a massive Tory majority. Sturgeon can feck off with that.
If that's the case we're doomed regardless, surely? How would a massive Tory majority in mid-October be turned to a small majority in mid-November?