Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I keep seeing these get ready for Brexit adverts everywhere.

Great, but how do I get ready?

Things are going to change.

Alright but how are they going to change?

The country will be brought to its knees and all the rest of th World will laugh at us, apart form Trump, who will be rubbing his hands together.

Verminator

The country will be brought to its knees and all the rest of th World will laugh at us, apart form Trump, who will be rubbing his hands together.
Fit solar panels, and download dog-meat recipes.

Smores

This is appalling, the implication is clear and insidious, that this man's action may not have been motivated by genuine concern for the conditions in which his very young child is being treated simply because of his party affiliation.

Then she practically invites Boris trolls to pile on.

Think she will probably get in to a little bit of trouble over that. The first one is questionable but giving out his handle seems very poor behaviour for a reporter given the circumstances.

Drifter

American
The BBC has been terrified of displeasing the Conservatives ever since Cameron threatened to end tv licensing.
Bingo. There was also pressure coming from other rival companies ,mostly Murdoch owned.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

Google survivalist preparation. Basically, start stocking conserved foods and munition, get some solar power for your laptop and phone. Watch mad max.

Fluctuation0161

will be a fight to get that through conference - but even if they do they will have to be honest and say that for them to negotiate a new deal and then go through the process of putting that to a referendum (and implementing the result) is in reality I think at least a years extension?

it was always labours stance that negotiating a new deal in 3 months was not possible - so presumably they want 6 months for that - and then the referendum process is i believe at least 22 weeks - and then add a month for implementation and yeah minimum a year (presuming the negotiations can be done in that time and there are not multiple legal challenges to a referendum question)

I hope we get a second referendum and I would certainly vote to remain - I think this is a better solution than the libs saying simply revoke - but people need to be honest that its at least a year away and for that (along with presumably a mix of labour people saying they are pro / anti / neutral on brexit) will be a tough sell in a general election campaign
Personally, I think allowing a second referendum to happen but remaining neutral on the campaign trail gives credibility to implement whatever the outcome is.

With the extremely divisive and dangerous way Brexit has evolved, this may well be the most reasonable and balanced response. Quite Liberal if you will! :D

Fluctuation0161

This only in effect, restates what has been the EU position since day 1. The EU demands a WA is signed and ratified by the UK Parliament before it even begins to discuss Trade issues. The UK's approach as always been the opposite, to agree (optimistically, over a two year transition period) a trade deal, then a WA agreement can then be reached. Each side (understandably) reluctant to give a hostage to fortune, to the other side

So in three years (plus), nothing basically has changed at all. Despite May changing her mind and agreeing to the WA being agreed first she did however always imply "nothings agreed until everything is agreed" but then seemed to have change her mind on that; its no wonder the EU read the wrong signals from us. Now with Boris seeming to want to focus on getting some sort of movement on the back-stop, he is giving the impression that this will be enough to get both sides (who lets be honest are both dreading a no deal outcome) to agree to some sort of 'eleventh -hour' negotiated deal.

The problem is, that as many people have been saying, a lot more is known now about what Brexit means, or what it doesn't mean, than at the referendum. However a little learning can be a dangerous thing, most leavers now know things they didn't know, principally that the only way they will be likely to get what they want in Brexit is through a no deal and remainers know any sort of 'deal' agreed is less than what we have now and so revoking A50 is the only way out for them, that's why Swinson is betting the house on this for an upcoming GE.

Corbyn's been playing for a GE all along and it has to be said he has played a 'blinder' on that one, but he's missed the boat, by the time the GE, (known as the Brexit GE) comes along Swinson will have stripped him of the mantle for Revoking A50 and the Tories/TBP will have stolen a number of his northern seats. Jeremy's like a player running the full length of the pitch evading tackle after tackle, rounding the goalkeeper, then firing wide!
You assume. With your bias. ;)

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Personally, I think allowing a second referendum to happen but remaining neutral on the campaign trail gives credibility to implement whatever the outcome is.

With the extremely divisive and dangerous way Brexit has evolved, this may well be the most reasonable and balanced response. Quite Liberal if you will! :D
The only issue that wont get resolved unless it Is a Brexit is 'hard leavers' reaction to Immigration/Immigrants.

WensleyMU

Out of interest, what if we had a second referendum and Leave, whichever version it is, wins?

Is that the end of it? Some have already said it wouldn't be. What then?

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I heard that the man in the video beat up her 7 year old daughter to be able to get in the hospital and tell shit about the NHS

nickm

Think she will probably get in to a little bit of trouble over that. The first one is questionable but giving out his handle seems very poor behaviour for a reporter given the circumstances.
Oh please. His quotes were obviously newsworthy. Embedding them in a tweet is just a way of quoting them. It's not poor behaviour... quoting what people say is what reporters do.

She will get into no trouble over this.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I don't see why giving out his twitter handle would get her in any trouble. It's not like it was a secret. It's exactly what I'd expect a reporter on social media to do given that a) it's newsworthy and b) he actually tweeted about the encounter himself. Randomly deciding that something which is intended to be public should be kept private would be weird.

Last edited:

Hammerfell

Oh please. His quotes were obviously newsworthy. Embedding them in a tweet is just a way of quoting them. It's not poor behaviour... quoting what people say is what reporters do.

Are you related to her?

Smores

I don't see why giving out his twitter handle would get her in any trouble. It's not like it was a secret. It's exactly what I'd expect a reporter on social media to do given that a) it's newsworthy and b) he actually tweeted about the encounter himself. Randomly deciding that something which is intended to be public should be kept private would be weird.
I'm not meaning legally but by the BBC she will.

There's absolutely nothing newsworthy or in the public interest about his Twitter handle and inciting a twitter mob onto someone in such a situation is something everyone apart from the biggest cnuts would find despicable.

Smores

Like this pleasant individual

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'm not meaning legally but by the BBC she will.

There's absolutely nothing newsworthy or in the public interest about his Twitter handle and inciting a twitter mob onto someone in such a situation is something everyone apart from the biggest cnuts would find despicable.
But he was literally tweeting about the incident in the tweet she highlighted, while also quoting an actual newspaper report about the incident. How is that not newsworthy? And more to the point, how on earth can anyone who takes to social media to highlight a high profile incident they were involved in complain in the slightest when a journalist retweets them? He obviously actively wanted people to see his tweets.

Smores

But he was literally tweeting about the incident in the tweet she highlighted, while also quoting an actual newspaper report about the incident. How is that not newsworthy? And more to the point, how on earth can anyone who takes to social media to highlight a high profile incident they were involved in complain in the slightest when a journalist retweets them? He obviously actively wanted people to see his tweets.
I really don't think it should be hard for you to understand why anyone never mind a journalist should show utmost sensitivity to someone with a newborn sick child.

What is wrong with you man.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I really don't think it should be hard for you to understand why anyone never mind a journalist should show utmost sensitivity to someone with a newborn sick child.

What is wrong with you man.
That makes absolutely no sense.

If you're involved in a high profile and newsworthy incident, you draw attention to newspaper articles about said incident and you repeatedly tweet about said incident on a public forum then you presumably want as many people as possible to know your opinion. It would be absolutely ludicrous to then object to a journalist who is already covering the incident highlighting the posts that you actively want a huge audience to see. I don't see what lack of sensitivity is shown by highlighting something the father blatantly wants to be highlighted.

It's not like he in any way whatsoever didn't want people to see the tweet she retweeted. In fact exactly the opposite is the case, because that's the point of twitter.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

If you're involved in a high profile and newsworthy incident, you draw attention to newspaper articles about said incident and you repeatedly tweet about said incident on a public forum then you presumably want as many people as possible to know your opinion. It would be absolutely ludicrous to then object to a journalist who is already covering the incident highlighting the posts that you actively want a huge audience to see. I don't see what lack of sensitivity is shown by highlighting something the father blatantly wants to be highlighted.

It's not like he in any way whatsoever didn't want people to see the tweet she retweeted. In fact exactly the opposite is the case, because that's the point of twitter.
I don't necessarily disagree with any of this, however it's a well known thing on twitter than people with bigger followings use that specific tactic because they know their followers will go after the target.

And going by how she basically says "this is the guy" rather than just replying to him, kind of looks like it's what she is doing.

This all being said, I agree with you in that if he wants to promote it across twitter, then he's going to have to take the rough with the smooth. However, she shouldn't be playing that game in her position. After all, she knows damn well people will find him if they want. No need to pour that kind of fuel on the fire.

nickm

I don't necessarily disagree with any of this, however it's a well known thing on twitter than people with bigger followings use that specific tactic because they know their followers will go after the target.

And going by how she basically says "this is the guy" rather than just replying to him, kind of looks like it's what she is doing.

This all being said, I agree with you in that if he wants to promote it across twitter, then he's going to have to take the rough with the smooth. However, she shouldn't be playing that game in her position. After all, she knows damn well people will find him if they want. No need to pour that kind of fuel on the fire.
But I see no real evidence that is what she was intending to do, it's only an inference a bunch of seemingly paranoid people are making. But what she did is also completely congruent with reporting a story... which is her job.

I don't happen to believe the BBC is particularly biased on the whole. I do think people who have particularly polarised or tribal views, think the BBC is biased, and you see it on the left and right.

Last edited:

nickm

Precisely.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Out of interest, what if we had a second referendum and Leave, whichever version it is, wins?

Is that the end of it? Some have already said it wouldn't be. What then?
It would depend on the context and specifics - but by and large, yes, I think that most remainers (including myself) would accept that. I do not respect the result of the first referendum for a variety of reasons, and nor do I think a referendum is the right method to resolve this sort of issue. However, if we had another vote, with the knowledge and experience of the last three years, and most of the country still voted leave then so be it. Emigration it would be. Maybe.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Kuenssberg is the political editor of the BBC, with a twitter following of over 1 million people of varying political beliefs. Why the assumption that her followers would react by going after the "target" rather than agreeing with him, as so many on twitter do? It isn't like it was Tommy Robinson retweeting him.

Smores

No you're absolutely right when you think about it she's actually a saint isn't she.

This story was already big in the news but you're right being hounded on Twitter by Boris bots is exactly what he needed and wanted. I mean he put something on Twitter so feck him who cares he has it coming right

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
No you're absolutely right when you think about it she's actually a saint isn't she.

This story was already big in the news but you're right being hounded on Twitter by Boris bots is exactly what he needed and wanted. I mean he put something on Twitter so feck him who cares he has it coming right
What on earth are you on about? She didn't sick a pack of baying hounds onto him. She retweeted something he wanted to be publicly known to the broad following of people who inevitably follow the political editor of the BBC.

It's not like she invaded his privacy, or misrepresented him in any way, or highlighted something he didn't want to be highlighted, or only provided the information to people who disagreed with him. I see more people supporting him in the replies to that tweet than attacking him, many of whom will have been directed to the tweet via Kuenssberg.

The assumption that people would automatically react by attacking him is bizarre. He didn't do anything wrong.

Last edited:

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
#sacklaurakuenssberg trending on Twitter and BBC Complaint page taking such a hammering that it keeps getting "504 Gateway Timeout" errors

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Meh, that's what you get for trying to see both viewpoints and having a bit of balance I guess :lol:

Should have known on here if you aren't on one side, you must firmly be on the other. Ironically much like twitter debates.

#sacklaurakuenssberg trending on Twitter and BBC Complaint page taking such a hammering that it keeps getting "504 Gateway Timeout" errors
Here comes the twitter mob!

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Meh, that's what you get for trying to see both viewpoints and having a bit of balance I guess :lol:

Should have known on here if you aren't on one side, you must firmly be on the other. Ironically much like twitter debates.

Here comes the twitter mob!

What? She may get what she tried to dish out.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Has anyone looked at his twitter so see if he's getting twatted?
Sure is.

Getting loads of replies to him each minute. The people saying he's got a microphone on him when it is clearly his belt.