Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Isn't this week supposed to be Johnson's deadline for the EU to get a deal?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I believe hes been spinning it that its his deadline for "signifigant progress" to have been made - expect some fudged announcement at the EU leaders summit on 15th that will give barnier a couple more weeks to finalise things
that said it still has to then be rattified by national parliaments and i could see somebody like france throwing a spanner in the works at the last moment (though I think brexiteers would love that as a chance to blame the french - its possibly the only thing they like more than blaming the EU)

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Great time to bury this:

They have no shame but get away with it over and over again. I feel sorry for the farmers who saw through the Tory bullshit, unfortunately I live in a farming community and there were a lot of Tory voters... hope they feel stupid and angry today but alas, they won't.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
They have no shame but get away with it over and over again. I feel sorry for the farmers who saw through the Tory bullshit, unfortunately I live in a farming community and there were a lot of Tory voters... hope they feel stupid and angry today but alas, they won't.
suspect your half right - I also expect their anger to somehow be directed to the EU

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I grew up in E. Yorks, which is a massive farming county. It's as Tory and Brexit as it gets. They will just blame it on the EU 'punishing us'.

Is this story even being run by any of the media? It's a huge deal for the farming industry.
Probably not as much as it should be tbf, but isn't being totally ignored.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...campaigners-to-enshrine-food-safety-in-uk-law

www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-54506185

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...les-to-keep-trade-deals-on-the-menu-vdhks5262

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/trade-deals-must-not-damage-food-standards-experts-warn-8nvq2rr2r

EDIT: even something in the DM, albeit pitched as one peer's mission to oppose it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ebel-guarantee-UK-food-standards-new-law.html

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Hate that cnut. He’s the one that was trying to convince Poland to veto an important eu bill to help the brexiteers
If I'm not wrong this particular fella had some very bad takes around the Irish border as well.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
The process is now becoming as much of a negotiation between the EU’s 27 national governments -- especially between the powerhouses of Germany and France -- as it is between the EU and Britain, as the bloc works out what sort of deal it can live with, one European diplomat said.

Macron’s demands to maintain his country’s current access to British fishing waters are now the biggest roadblock to a deal, to the increasing frustration of his European allies.

In a thinly veiled attack on the French position, a German government official said on Wednesday that once interested European coastal nations realize that the alternative to no deal is no access to British fishing grounds, there could be increased flexibility.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-start-summit-discussion?srnd=premium-europe

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The absolute state of this:

Blaming remain to cover for their mess.
The mental gymnastics are incredible but fortunately they've got a large portion of thickos on their side who will believe the headline, and don't have enough attention span to look at the content. Not that they would critique it anyway, they would just nod their heads to every sentence and mutter "Brecksit, brecksit"

Also; Remainers "legitimised" nothing. Nobody in Scotland said "Well, the big bosses in Westminster said it's ok so we can do it as well now". That thinking is part of the bloody problem.

TheGame

The mental gymnastics are incredible but fortunately they've got a large portion of thickos on their side who will believe the headline, and don't have enough attention span to look at the content. Not that they would critique it anyway, they would just nod their heads to every sentence and mutter "Brecksit, brecksit"

Also; Remainers "legitimised" nothing. Nobody in Scotland said "Well, the big bosses in Westminster said it's ok so we can do it as well now". That thinking is part of the bloody problem.
Really despise Harwood, Grimes et al, all born from Brexit now spouting their lies on their platform.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This has been the intention all along, if you disagree you haven’t been paying attention. It’s disaster capitalism at its absolute worst where the capitalists are manufacturing a disaster of epic proportions.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
But I thought we would fudge together a last minute deal?!
You can keep thinking that if you wish, we're a bit off the last minute yet. The EU summit didn't end yesterday, it's in it's second day today. Then Barnier will have a couple of days to put together what they've decided and bring it to Johnson next week. And then it might be the last minute, or might not, we'll see.

FireballXL5

Can a Brexiteer explain to me what incentive there would be for a manufacturer to remain in the UK in the event of no deal?