Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
It's okay, I'm sure the UK government will come up with a really clever solution to prevent this backstop agreement coming into effect.

*cough*
As reality creeps forever closer, the UK government is still living on fantasy island and shows no sign of ever acknowledging the glaringly obvious truth. What's more they couldn't care less.

Nikhil

So May and the Cabinet are in favour of staying in the single market now? Thank goodness.

I remember some Shadow Cabinet members being sacked after the referendum for voting to stay in the single market. But now it's good to see that Labour are united in favour of staying in the EEA and market.

And the Government has flip flopped spectacularly on the customs union. But now she's said in PMQs that they want to be in the union, so good on her. At least some good news.

Paul the Wolf

So May and the Cabinet are in favour of staying in the single market now? Thank goodness.

I remember some Shadow Cabinet members being sacked after the referendum for voting to stay in the single market. But now it's good to see that Labour are united in favour of staying in the EEA and market.

And the Government has flip flopped spectacularly on the customs union. But now she's said in PMQs that they want to be in the union, so good on her. At least some good news.
No they aren't - staying in the single market means acceptance of the 4 freedoms and thus no border issue and acceptance of the ECJ. I'd say at this moment the UK is as far away from getting a deal than they ever have been.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Who are you suggesting is name calling?
No one in particular, that was in reference to adults being able to identify stupid by way of analysis rather than simply resorting to name calling which is what children would do. So you can be an adult and correctly identify stupid, and call it just that. A spade is spade and a grown up can see that.

that adds nothing to the conversation.
What do you mean?

MoskvaRed

I assume other regulars here watched Liam Fox's speech yesterday? Credit where it's due, he seems to have taken notice that his words are being listened to outside of the brexit cult and cut back on the fabrications and lies. Still a bit odd to praise free trade for half an hour while trying to justify the end of it with the UK's largest trading partner... but an improvement. The only factual takeaway for me was that the UK has started preliminary trade talks with 20 something countries across the world, which is positive and surely the route to go if brexiteers have their wishes come true.

The man who only ever goes jogging when he sees reporters in front of his house seems a bit confused though:
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...h-border-issue-being-used-to-frustrate-brexit

I'm sure he's also convinced that donuts are a scheme to frustrate his various sporting activities.
Similar to when IDS was being interviewed by Sarah Smith on Sunday - he was unable to offer any coherent answer to the question of what is preventing us increasing trade with China and India while in the EU (as Germany has done very successfully). He came up with some gibberish about obtaining freedom of services.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
new rules suggest that you need to elaborate everything you say even if you're stating the obvious. So one liners won't do.
I can see you've got a new tag probably from your comments in the announcement thread :lol:

I am sure that in my limited skim of that thread I understood that was in reference to the United forum.

Regardless the discussion above wasn't a one liner and it was very elaborate in why people were stupid.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I can see you've got a new tag probably from your comments in the announcement thread :lol:

I am sure that in my limited skim of that thread I understood that was in reference to the United forum.

Regardless the discussion above wasn't a one liner and it was very elaborate in why people were stupid.
Nope its a one liner and it didnt helped created a discussion :p

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I cannot believe I did not get the same tag. I certainly seemed to have rustled some feathers and was told I 'did not understand the explanation'. Sounds eerily familiar to certain other discussions.

Paul the Wolf

I especially like the last 3 lines of Davis's letter

Our aim remains to reach an agreement on the implementation period at the March European Council, to provide certainty and clarity for businesses on both sides

The European Council is in 3 weeks time and the UK government are not even close to agreeing Stage One of the negotiations 20 months after the referendum.
I declare David Davis stupid.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You are being very childish Devilish.
it was tongue to cheek mate (with a bit of very friendly jab)

What I do find childish is for people to open a thread to encourage discussion on a new rule only to find myself with this insultive tag because I did exactly that. Lets say I feel forced to live up to the tag :P

Last edited:

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy

What I do find childish is for people to open a thread to encourage discussion on a new rule only to find myself with this insultive tag because I did exactly that. Lets say I feel forced to live up to the tag :P
They just need to add a re in front of the second word and then you’ll be complete :lol:

nickm

It would be so much neater an explanation if it werent for the Welsh.
The Bexit agenda is being driven by the English - personalities, agendas, regions, parties. If there had been a remain majority in Wales it would have made no difference to the result.

GloryHunter07

Fair enough mate.

As for the tag it does seem a tad harsh, hopefully only temporary!

Adebesi

The Bexit agenda is being driven by the English - personalities, agendas, regions, parties. If there had been a remain majority in Wales it would have made no difference to the result.
That's not really what I'm arguing. If the Welsh had voted remain it wouldnt have changed the result - fine. But they did vote leave, and presumably not because of English nationalism. Which suggests there are other forces at work.

caid

I dont see the eurosceptics in her party pulling the plug while negotiating purely because none of them want to be responsible for it.
And they're definitely, 100% guaranteed to stab her in the back and kick up a leadership contest the second negotiations are complete,
so she really should just tell them to go to hell in the meantime. Call their bluff.