Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
To all those calling for a general election, why? You just fundamentally disagreed with every political party in the UK besides UKIP. Why would you want the chance to vote for somebody you disagree with?
If Lib Dem are willing to fight for people who want to remain in the EU, I'd vote for them.

Minimalist

Any pro EU comment on the mail was red arrowhead to oblivion before the ref. Now look at it? And many are from people who voted leave. I feel weak.
http://dailym.ai/28Tmv3f
feck them.

Seriously. Great irony in that the majority of the leavers are the ones who likely can't afford nor justify a reason to leave the UK when it turns to shit.

NinjaFletch

Any pro EU comment on the mail was red arrowhead to oblivion before the ref. Now look at it? And many are from people who voted leave. I feel weak.
http://dailym.ai/28Tmv3f
Sue kyberd, Nelson NZ, 14 hours ago

It seems to me that there was very little information on consequences if leaving was voted for. Perhaps a lot of the votes were more emotive than informed? Why wasn't there more explicit information for people to digest? I am not suggesting leaving is good or bad but lack of information is is feel.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Adisa

Leave lot have no intention on explaining how it's going to work, nor alleviating the fears we have. So they may get on with the shit show while the rest of us watch with close attention and quietly consider our options away from the UK.

They can get fecked with their "let's come together" bullshit. I'm not xenophobic, not uneducated and I'm not a fecking little Englander who can't stand up for myself. I have nothing in common with these people.

And get this, I'm not rich, nor even middle class by my wage. I'm kind of broke - doing a PhD and have no guarantees of anything in terms of a career but I like having options and this vote has just fecked people like me right over (from a working class background).
I'm in the same boat but doing my Masters. I work part time at a local store. That's my only source of income.
I had planned on looking for a job in either England or Scotland, but yesterday has made me realise it's a bullshit plan. I'm now sending applications everywhere.

Silva

Half the country, and most of the planet: Leaving is a mistake you dumb pricks.
Leavers: Lol shut up, we're magic.
*everything starts going to shit*
Leavers: WHY DID NO ONE FECKING WARN US?!?!

Will Absolute

And get this, I'm not rich, nor even middle class by my wage. I'm kind of broke - doing a PhD and have no guarantees of anything in terms of a career but I like having options and this vote has just fecked people like me right over (from a working class background).
You're well-educated and have good prospects of affluence in the future. Your interests, as you've just acknowledged, lie with the better-off. Almost all students are poor; what has that got to do with anything?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
feck them.

Seriously. Great irony in that the majority of the leavers are the ones who likely can't afford nor justify a reason to leave the UK when it turns to shit.
They're also the ones who will be hit the hardest by the shitfall. It's amazing really. A whole swathe of British society committing Hari Kari for reasons that seem at best very vague.

That's why I don't really get this idea that the rest of Europe is angry at the UK. The reaction I've seen is more like mystification at how you've managed to sabotage yourselves so badly.

Adisa

Any chance Parliament will ignore the referendum results then?
Read an article on the Mail that there's a campaign by pro EU MPs to get a lot of the MPs who voted for Remain (2/3) to kill it when it gets to the commons. MPS still have to vote on the referendum.

Minimalist

You're well-educated and have good prospects of affluence in the future. Your interests, as you've just acknowledged, lie with the better-off. Almost all students are poor; what has that got to do with anything?
Better off? So you think I don't give a shit about the people in my background? That technology or knowledge we uncover won't help everyone and not just the rich?

Better off? Difference being I don't see it like that. I simply see that I have an opportunity to work for research companies or departments in universities that will innovate and/or contribute to human knowledge. A lot of this involves projects at a European level. You don't do a fecking PhD for the money - there isn't a huge amount in it (compared to say someone with just an undergraduate), I can assure you.
I want opportunity and closing our doors is a massive slap in the face to Britain's science and technology sector. This has already been talked about though.

Never mind me though - this is not going to benefit someone working in a factory either. The only difference is, I can likely leave this place and he/she probably can't/won't.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The articles that put all the Greece crisis in the hand of EU/Germany mean feck all in my opinion.

Greece for 50 years had all the benefits of western countries, despite that they weren't working. Thousands of people were getting wages without working, many more were working a few hours per day. Of course that the heaven wasn't going to last forever and sooner or later it was going to crash. 2 generations lived as good (in fact better) than Germans or Italians despite they were producing feck all. Now that it is time for them to become less lazy, it is all the fault of mean Angela Merkel.

Some of the critiques are pathetic. Greece is forced to make the retirement age 67 instead of 65. Shock horror, the same is on Italy and in many other EU countries. They aren't supposed to spend more than they have. Jesus wept, it is the same as in any other country of the world. They are economically the strongest country in Balkan, not because they work harder, but because they joined EU sooner. Now that they have to live a bit worse than before (but better than virtually all neighbors from Albania to Croatia and Romania) it is the end of the world.
IMF has published that its own (troika) policies further damaged the situation. AFAIK there are reports of malnutrition in schoolkids making them faint during class, which is rather a big jump in standard of living. And as with everywhere else, he preceding generations, in combination with really corrupt governments, and the EU looking out solely for the bottomline of creditors (some of the bailouts have been for interest repayment alone), have fecked this one.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Size is not the issue here. The terms of TTIP the EU negotiates are not to serve the peope of Europe but the multinational companies on both sides of the Atlantic. Anyone could negotiate a better deal for the people of the country who takes part in the negotiations, especially as no deal is the better deal. TTIP isn't your normal free trade treaty.
Of course size matters, if you are a small supplier to Tesco they dictate terms. If you are Kellogs you get a better deal.

TTIP is a normal trade deal and it would have to be ratified by every nation state, it is not going to pass national legislatures if It is a carve up for multi nationals

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
Good bye Britan. I really feel sorry for you. Betrayed by the far right wing and neoliberal stupid people, and even an act of national terrorism didnt changed the feelings of the majority of the people. Good luck for all of you, you will need it.
Btw: I read a comment, that the parents of somebodys girlfriend votet leave cause they "had colonies before the EU" (wtf?), seems that now the Kingdom is melting down as Scotland and Northern Ireland werent so stupid to vote leave and now wanting out. Congratulations parents, you will loose a lot more than just your colonies.
I will miss you, no Erasmus anymore for you, no freedom of moving,working,living in our beautiful continent anymore. Only your little sad nationalistic island.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
For all Europeans that have been contemplating a move to Britain, you had best do it now. Plenty of time to make your arrangements before any legislation can be passed.
The UK could try sending existing EU citizens home after exit, but I doubt they will, the press coverage of millions of forced repatriations would be absolutely horrendous.

So, I predict a massive increase in immigration in the near future.

Adisa

I've heard some leavers trying to save face say they don't want to reduce immigration but control it. :lol:
Like the EU will allow us use the points based system in exchange for access to the free market.:lol:

AshfordLad

Of course size matters, if you are a small supplier to Tesco they dictate terms. If you are Kellogs you get a better deal.

TTIP is a normal trade deal and it would have to be ratified by every nation state, it is not going to pass national legislatures if It is a carve up for multi nationals
Once the EU agrees a deal national legislatures wont matter. We have already seen this with greece they will get the nations to sign one way or the other.

Adisa

For all Europeans that have been contemplating a move to Britain, you had best do it now. Plenty of time to make your arrangements before any legislation can be passed.
The UK could try sending existing EU citizens home after exit, but I doubt they will, the press coverage of millions of forced repatriations would be absolutely horrendous.

So, I predict a massive increase in immigration in the near future.
Gove already admitted immigration will probably skyrocket.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Good bye Britan. I really feel sorry for you. Betrayed by the far right wing and neoliberal stupid people, and even an act of national terrorism didn't changed the feelings of the majority of the people. Good luck for all of you, you will need it.
Btw: I read a comment, that the parents of somebodys girlfriend votet leave cause they "had colonies before the EU" (wtf?), seems that now the Kingdom is melting down as Scotland and Northern Ireland werent so stupid to vote leave and now wanting out. Congratulations parents, you will loose a lot more than just your colonies.
I will miss you, no Erasmus anymore for you, no freedom of moving,working,living in our beautiful continent anymore. Only your little sad nationalistic island.
That's one of the things I find confusing. Surely it should have swayed more voters.

NinjaFletch

If Lib Dem are willing to fight for people who want to remain in the EU, I'd vote for them.
If my experience wth the lib dems is worth anything they'll campaign to remain the EU, get a sniff of power Leave the EU and round up EU nationals and put them in gulags.

Thats my experience of the Lib Dems. I do not trust them and I'll never vote for them in my life.

What do you think? Will there be a braindrain by a lot young people trying to move away now?
There'll be a brain drain of sorts. But no idea how big. Academia is absolutely bricking it, especially science.

Berbaclass

If my experience wth the lib dems is worth anything they'll campaign to remain the EU, get a sniff of power Leave the EU and round up EU nationals and put them in gulags.

Thats my experience of the Lib Dems. I do not trust them and I'll never vote for them in my life.

There'll be a brain drain of sorts. But no idea how big. Academia is absolutely bricking it, especially science.
:lol:

Fully Fledged

Thats my experience of the Lib Dems. I do not trust them and I'll never vote for them in my life

Yep.

Berbaclass

Scary that it didn't. That someone murdering a young mum and what seemed like a really caring MP didn't bother them one bit.
Yeah especially when you consider they were on opposite sides. You'd have thought some of the leave support would have gone "Hang on a minute"...

Berbaclass

This is the kind of thing that makes me hopeful that some of the younger generation take more of an interest in politics.

My generation has been fecked over and I hope some of us want to do something about it.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
This is the kind of thing that makes me hopeful that some of the younger generation take more of an interest in politics.

My generation has been fecked over and I hope some of us want to do something about it.
You are....lighting up the twittersphere.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Same, Lib Dem are lacking much identity or conviction. But they have the potential to pick up votes especially disillusioned younger voters.