Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
As I've put here multiple times, Finland has it right with a future committee, the UK has no clue from one month to the next.

http://www.fdsd.org/ideas/the-committee-for-the-future-finnish-parliament/

Although quite a bit is to do with technology its also decision making of short-term vs long-term and looking forward.

Here we are still as a nation recovering from 2008 still. the NHS is in a bad state, education is still not in a great state.

There needs to be a HUGE reform in the Government of the UK a lot of it works, a lot of it doesn't.

Even Switzerland work smarter than the UK it's a time for reform in Government first of all.
I think a lot of our problems is how the voting system works, parties that spend most of their times taking potshots are their own party colleagues instead of working for the people they are supposed to represent. That is and has never been down to the EU.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think a lot of our problems is how the voting system works, parties that spend most of their times taking potshots are their own party colleagues instead of working for the people they are supposed to represent. That is and has never been down to the EU.
Exactly, if we got our shit together we could make the EU work for us.

Will Absolute

Which action of the EU after the vote has suggested that? To put it very simply the UK is a person who sat with partners (EU members) in a room (EU), then decided to stand up and walk to the door to decide to leave the room or not (referendum), ultimatively deciding in opening the door and walking out (Brexit). All the parterns are doing now is saying"You wanna leave the room? Then get on with it". How is that not respecting the decision of the one leaving?

And for this always repeated bureaucrats argument. Here is a news flash: Every single administration of a democrative body or organistation has thousands of officials, who were not chosen by the public and are largely unkown to them. These people handle the day to day politics. They are put in place by people who were elected by the public aka the political leaders. The really big decisions are still made by the elected leaders and ultimatively made legally binding by a parliament consisting of people, who are again elected by the public.
The rules determining the timetable for the exit of a member state were created by the EU itself. All we're hearing now is the anger of a spurned lover. The practicalities will assert themselves in the coming weeks. Brexit is not as simple as walking through a door; it's about the untangling of an immensely complicated political, legal and economic relationship.

The bigger a political entity the less democratic, in the hugely important sense of people having control of their own lives. At the moment I determine what programs I watch on TV; if everybody on my street was required to watch the same programs, decided by a vote of its inhabitants, my control of that aspect of my life would be ended. The fact that the process was impeccably 'democratic' would be little consolation.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The rules determining the timetable for the exit of a member state were created by the EU itself. All we're hearing now is the anger of a spurned lover. The practicalities will assert themselves in the coming weeks. Brexit is not as simple as walking through a door; it's about the untangling of an immensely complicated political, legal and economic relationship.
But that rule only starts when the article 50 is triggered from that point we have at least 2 years to deal with the untangling of an immensely complicated political, legal and economic relationship.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Anyone think we could see violence over this with people really being divided.
We have already seen violence sadly. The man who murdered Jo Cox told the court his name was 'death to traitors, freedom for Britain'. There is a lot of hate out there at the moment.

Berbaclass

We have already seen violence sadly. The man who murdered Jo Cox told the court his name was 'death to traitors, freedom for Britain'. There is a lot of hate out there at the moment.
Of course yeah, didn't think of that. I did of course mean post-Brexit though.

Minimalist

Anyone think we could see violence over this with people really being divided.
Leavers as a stereotype are already the violent ones. All carry knives and eat their own children.

The remainers like myself are sipping tea, typing on their smartphones and are absolutely livid. Absolute toffs the lot of us.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I personally think we should go straight into exit talks.

The leave party have no plan but wanted to leave.

Lets get them to sit there and ask so whats the plan then?

Just do it, there you go leave party, this is the Britain you want enjoy.

Vilev

It's nonsense. I haven't checked your facts, but it's 45% to one bloc and rest split across multiple regions/countries. Biggest client and all that!
From what I recall, UK had a trade deficit in 2016. Can you link me to the surplus claim?
UK exports declined because of global economic slowdown...and not particularly attributable to EU.
Here. That's literally the first ones i did found via google.
The "global economic slowdown" did not slowdown most of countries. That trade within EC.
Yes i do agree, it's a shitty pic, but the you can see there is a certain surplus (although it's impossible to say what it is on such a scale), but you can just check the official trade stats and see major partners, and you'll get sense of the figure.

It's nuts you'd spurs your biggest client with multiple other small clients. No business would consider exiting their 45% share client for some ambiguous reasons.
They still will trade with EC. Saying that all the trade with EC will die out is foolish.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Scapegoating for what?

It means in blunt terms, that unless we get a favourable deal, we shall take our time enacting Article 50 and you are fecked.

@Cristiano_RAFC

It just means that we are in a better position in this game of brinksmanship that you are seeing played out. I voted remain but now we are out I want to see us get the best deal possible, obviously.
Don't negotiations only start after article 50 has been activated? And have to be concluded within 2 years.

Uncertainty is not good. Especially for a country like the UK heavily dependent on the financial services.Markets love stability.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
There's a Remain bias in this thread. It's quite understandable. Almost half of the people that voted were in favour of Remain. They're unhappy because the Leave voters won. Those that voted Leave are far less likely to post. They won, so are looking forward, not back. What we are seeing is foot-stamping and tantrums. It won't do any good, although it might be a comfort to know that literally millions of people feel just as pissed off. It's time to gather up the toys and put them back in the pram.
Hmm

I'd like to know genuinely what these LEAVE want?
Stop immigration right now?
Deport immigrants?
Force everybody to drink beer and eat beef?

What do they want?

Sadly it is now an us vs them.

Minimalist

Hmm

I'd like to know genuinely what these LEAVE want?
Stop immigration right now?
Deport immigrants?
Force everybody to drink beer and eat beef?

What do they want?

Sadly it is now an us vs them.
They can take my Guinness over my cold dead hands. I'll be drinking none of that English shite.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I don't get the UK has the EU over a barrel argument. No one knows how this whole mess is going to turn out, dozens of contracts with every nation will have to be negotiated and it seems like the politicians don't even have some kind of strategy for it. Why would anyone invest into such a situation? It won't be good for the EU either, but that club has its clear rules and positions, which definitely carries a lot more certainty and predictability.

Last edited:

GloryHunter07

Of course the issue we have now is that most of remain voters just have no interest or fight in making things work outside the EU, many will happily fold their arms, wait for the doomsday to happen, and and say I told you so, we need everyone to pull together now for a positive outcome, but I just can't see it happening.

If the vote was the other way around the outers would have got over things very quickly and life would have moved on, it's going to be tough enough if everyone pulls together, but without it you have to be a little fearful.
Why would doomsday happen unnless the Remain camp were right in the first place?

Vilev

The fact is, it's not about the EU.
I do agree, but also we need to consider that it's EC and it's politics that formed political establishment, including the one in UK. No, it's not EC's fault or anything, but they did provide a sort of environment for those Blairs, Camerons etc.
Bottom-line is, it's down to government officials; When you go from Tony Blair, to Gordon Brown, to David Cameron it's simply not good enough.
I don't get you, do you think Thatcher is better? Do you think that Blair >> Cameron? Do you think that corbyns, milibands are better? How about Duncan Smith? The prominent leave supporter, i think he run against Brown, well he was in Tory opposition somewhere in early 2000s.
Cause if you saying that for the last 20-30 years there were not a single decent politician in UK that would actually win, then it's a moot point. I just think many people want fairy godmother as number 10. That will not happen, even a great politician would not solve all problems, bring everlasting peace and fair growth etc.

Untied

Pro-leave throwing out more slogans with no substance - Britain needs to come together to get the best deal- no idea what that means in terms of either a) coming together, or b) the best deal, but doesn't it sound great?

The EU is the second biggest world economy when looked at as a single block, even without the UK. What makes the leave campaign think that the EU will let a competitor like the UK have free access to the trading block? What's in it for us, us being the rest of the EU?

On yer bike lads. Really feel for the majority of UK posters in here, this is going to be tough.
It comes from treating politics like sport. Oh we won, so now you have to come with us and help us create an absolute shitshow.

What does Leave even consider the best deal? Single market access and free movement, like Hannan wants? A magical Australian points style system? Which trade deals? And when?

"Come together", bollocks to that

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
People are angry because the main reason people have voted Out won't be achieved. So why go through this period of uncertainty and probable economic downturn?
Leave leaders have all but admitted immigration won't change. SO WHAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT.
People are angry because they warned others that what they've been led to believe was a lie but were labeled as SCAREMONGERS.
People are angry because half the population didn't see through the bullshit about £350m per week more for the NHS.
People are angry because any attempt to educate the public about what they were about to do was met with scorn and derision.
People are angry that the decision made will affect everybody.
People are angry that unlike a normal election cycle this isn't an issue hat can be resolved in five years. It's a decision that consequences could be felt for generations.
People are angry that the people most encouraged to vote leave aren't going to live long enough to endure he long term consequences of their decision.
People are angry that such a monumental decision was treated by a lot of people as a protest vote. "Let's give the establishment a bloody nose."

Minimalist

It comes from treating politics like sport. Oh we won, so now you have to come with us and help us create an absolute shitshow.

What does Leave even consider the best deal? Single market access and free movement, like Hannan wants? A magical Australian points style system? Which trade deals? And when?

"Come together", bollocks to that
Leave lot have no intention on explaining how it's going to work, nor alleviating the fears we have. So they may get on with the shit show while the rest of us watch with close attention and quietly consider our options away from the UK.

They can get fecked with their "let's come together" bullshit. I'm not xenophobic, not uneducated and I'm not a fecking little Englander who can't stand up for myself. I have nothing in common with these people.

And get this, I'm not rich, nor even middle class by my wage. I'm kind of broke - doing a PhD and have no guarantees of anything in terms of a career but I like having options and this vote has just fecked people like me right over (from a working class background).

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
People are angry because the main reason people have voted Out won't be achieved. So why go through this period of uncertainty and probable economic downturn?
Leave leaders have all but admitted immigration won't change. SO WHAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT.
People are angry because they warned others that what they've been led to believe was a lie but were labeled as SCAREMONGERS.
People are angry because half the population didn't see through the bullshit about £350m per week more for the NHS.
People are angry because any attempt to educate the public about what they were about to do was met with scorn and derision.
People are angry that the decision made will affect everybody.
People are angry that unlike a normal election cycle this isn't an issue hat can be resolved in five years. It's a decision that consequences could be felt for generations.
People are angry that the people most encouraged to vote leave aren't going to live long enough to endure he long term consequences of their decision.
People are angry that such a monumental decision was treated by a lot of people as a protest vote. "Let's give the establishment a bloody nose."
Any chance Parliament will ignore the referendum results then?

Berbaclass

Leave lot have no intention on explaining how it's going to work, nor alleviating the fears we have. So they may get on with the shit show while the rest of us watch with close attention and quietly consider our options away from the UK.

They can get fecked with their "let's come together" bullshit. I'm not xenophobic, not uneducated and I'm not a fecking little Englander who can't stand up for myself. I have nothing in common with these people.

And get this, I'm not rich, nor even middle class by my wage. I'm kind of broke - doing a PhD and have no guarantees of anything in terms of a career but I like having options and this vote has just fecked people like me right over (from a working class background).
Good post, I'm in a similar position and from a similar background and totally agree. It's just not on...