Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Maybe I don't know. These negotiations have to be based on long term considerations I think, unfortunately.

@NinjaFletch

Look for yourself. Which side seems concerned over article 50.
The EU wants you to trigger the article 50 because when you do you are the only one in trouble and the suits can start their pro-EU lobbying with the banks and industries based in the UK. But it's also true that not triggering it is bad for everyone because it creates uncertainty.

C'est Moi Cantona

I'm not in despair. I am a masters student, a British national but not native. I wasn't born here.
Although I would rather not, I have not problem emigrating to another country to find good work. I don't have a house, I don't have a mortgage and I don't have children to care for.
So believe me, I am not in despair. I just think the country has taken a monumental risk for little gain.
Well it seems I have more to lose than you then - house, own business, but I'll work hard/fight to keep my current lifestyle, and the only hope of that is been positive as it seems there is no going back.

Classical Mechanic

The EU wants you to trigger the article 50 because when you do you are the only one in trouble and the suits can start their pro-EU lobbying with the banks and industries based in the UK. But it's also true that not triggering it is bad for everyone because it creates uncertainty.
Do you really think the EU isn't in trouble, seriously?

It has never been close to being in this bad shape. Economically and socially.

NinjaFletch

Maybe I don't know. These negotiations have to be based on long term considerations I think, unfortunately.

@NinjaFletch

Look for yourself. Which side seems concerned over article 50.
Both are?

The EU to get it over quickly and restore stability and confidence in their markets. Leavers because they want to stand around and go 'oh shit, so what do we actually do now.'

The longer it takes the more painful it is for the EU and, potentially, less painful for us. But that doesn't mean that it gives us the upper hand in negotiations it just means the EU is trying to minimise the impact.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
I would love the Gowerton just ignore it but am not sure how they go about it?

Am sure some slimy legal bigwigs are considering every path available right now!
I genuinely don't think a lot of people knew what they were voting for. None of them seriously thought they could win and were voting to rebel against London, and having seen the damage they've already started to do they're changing their minds. The 40k+ poll on the previously extremely pro-leave Telegraph is heavily in favour of a re-referendum, a marked contrast from the tone of all their previous polls.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
'Let's make Britain great again! How? We haven't a feckin' scooby...'
300 years ago, we had gunpowder and ships... It was a clear superiority.

What do we have now to 'woop ass': even our football hooligans have been usurped. Little England has no comprehension on how the globe has evolved and how competitive and hard working people are in other developing countries.

Little Britain become fat and entitled on a diet of beer and beef - they won't consider doing manual or menial work - no we need immigrants for that who should then be blamed and abused for being here and making life better for the UK and themselves...

'Want our country back'. Well I'm also British and I want MY country back. And I'm also prepared to defend my home at any cost.

Idiots.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Fair enough, but Germany seem to be taking a softer tone than the rest, time will tell, but I'll hope for the best and expect the worst I suppose.
Mommy just likes to surround herself with an aura of compassion and generosity while letting her attack dogs rip the victims apart:lol:. If anything I'd be worried even more now:D
The line of compromise will likely been drawn around on what Cameron agreed with the EU in February.
Core principles like freedom of movement or paying into the EU household will be non-negotiable for an EEC access. I'd also estimate the willingness to hand out rebates as rather small.

Classical Mechanic

Both are?

The EU to get it over quickly and restore stability and confidence in their markets. Leavers because they want to stand around and go 'oh shit, so what do we actually do now.'

The longer it takes the more painful it is for the EU and, potentially, less painful for us. But that doesn't mean that it gives us the upper hand in negotiations it just means the EU is trying to minimise the impact.
It means though, that we are in a much better position than the hysteria would suggest.

This is reality now so we have to make the best of it.

@2ndTouch

I think it is more that Germany are quite smart and I have faith that a satisfactory agreement fir both parties will be reached.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Both are?

I can just the process of picking a PM involving lots of name calling and even more lies, in the process taking ages and annoying the EU even more who will take every opportunity to ruin us. Good luck whoever it is if you think of returning as some sort of hero. You will come back with your tail between your legs and your arse well and truly spanked.

DomesticTadpole

Both are?

You wonder if Brexit have any idea what to do, as not sure they actually thought they were going to win?

Revan

Assumptionman
Scapegoating for what?

It means in blunt terms, that unless we get a favourable deal, we shall take our time enacting Article 50 and you are fecked.

@Cristiano_RAFC

It just means that we are in a better position in this game of brinksmanship that you are seeing played out. I voted remain but now we are out I want to see us get the best deal possible, obviously.
The 'divorce' negotiations start only after you invoke Article 50. You can delay it as much as you want, but we aren't even talking about the 'divorce' (let alone the new deals) before you invoke us. Sure, uncertainly would cause problems for EU, but much more for the 6 time more smaller UK.

And you also cannot make new trade deals (outside of EU norms) before you get separated from EU (so, 2 years after Article 50). On other words, it helps everyone if you invoke article 50 as fast as possible. Then you will get a shit deal in the negotiations. Then you (without Scotland and Gibraltar) will come back asking to join the EU, while accepting Euro and Schenghen.

UK will pay for its arrogance.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Cameron needs to be cut some slack. He made some crucial mistakes but let's remember he put his soul and reputation on remain.

Its Boris and Gove that need to be vilified.

NinjaFletch

Cameron needs to be cut some slack. He made some crucial mistakes but let's remember he put his soul and reputation on remain.

feck that. Gambled the country to try and serve internal Tory divides and lost.

Deserves to be called the worst PM we've ever had.

Revan

Assumptionman

He shouldn't have ever make the referendum happen. There was no need for that at all, and he would have won the election in any case.

Minimalist

feck that. Gambled the country to try and serve internal Tory divides and lost.

Deserves to be called the worst PM we've ever had.
Deserves to be called or not, he is the worst PM for last 100 years. Just a moron in every sense of the word.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Enjoyed this.

As an immigrant myself, now with a British passport, British accent and everything that goes along with it.

The Xenophobic attitude from those in regional Britain hasn't come as a surprise, but equally I wouldn't expect white British people to understand how it feels, because it quite simply doesn't affect them.

I said on my Facebok that Britain has a underlying tone of racism, and I was met with "if you don't like it go back to where you came from!" and "white people experience racism just as bad as other races & you're racist for thinking black people have it worse than white people" followed by "I'm not racist! Black people just have a chip on their shoulder as soon as things don't go their way!" :lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I said on my Facebok that Britain has a underlying tone of racism, and I was met with "if you don't like it go back to where you came from!"

Bloody hell. :lol: Point proven.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Which decission?
£350 Million going to the NHS?
Boarders closed?
No more payments to the EU?
Since when have politicians kept their electoral promises?
It's different. We are not talking about some pre electoral half truths given to a bunch of xenophobic morons. It's a decision which will change the old continent history and which was decided through a referendum

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Doesn't change anything about the fact that this dork acted like an anti-EU type for years. When he realized his actions were nurturing movements like UKIP he put everything on the line like a drunken gambler, in desperate hope for the masses to vote against the messages he's been sending out for ages.
And as the final days came, he had to do a complete 180, and tell all the people he's been telling what a useless pain the EU supposedly is, that the EU is actually quite a good thing. This earns you heaps of credibility among your audience for sure.
Cameron is the main tosser in this whole disaster, and history will remember him accordingly.

Classical Mechanic

And you also cannot make new trade deals (outside of EU norms) before you get separated from EU (so, 2 years after Article 50). On other words, it helps everyone if you invoke article 50 as fast as possible. Then you will get a shit deal in the negotiations. Then you (without Scotland and Gibraltar) will come back asking to join the EU, while accepting Euro and Schenghen.

UK will pay for its arrogance.
Or perhaps the EU will pay for its arrogance. Hopefully we can all live happily ever after.

NinjaFletch

With Boris taking over he probably won't hold that title for long.
Well to be fair. Boris might not actually be the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom but the PM of the 'Dis-united cluster of places left after everyone has their independence' Kingdom.

DomesticTadpole

Enjoyed this.

As an immigrant myself, now with a British passport, British accent and everything that goes along with it.

The Xenophobic attitude from those in regional Britain hasn't come as a surprise, but equally I wouldn't expect white British people to understand how it feels, because it quite simply doesn't affect them.

I said on my Facebok that Britain has a underlying tone of racism, and I was met with "if you don't like it go back to where you came from!" and "white people experience racism just as bad as other races & you're racist for thinking black people have it worse than white people" followed by "I'm not racist! Black people just have a chip on their shoulder as soon as things don't go their way!" :lol:
Most of them are thick as well.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Has anyone got an estimate of what the swing would have like if more youth had voted? 43% or so voted, compared to an turnout of 80%+ for the older demographics. Had 80%+ of younger generations voted, would it have been a confident yes vote?

Fully Fledged

It's different. We are not talking about some pre electoral half truths given to a bunch of xenophobic morons. It's a decision which will change the old continent history and which was decided through a referendum
Based on the back of a campaign riddled with out and out lies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Nope I want the party elected to negotiate the deal to get the best possible for UK.
You will have to negotiate a trade deal with those whom you are planning to keep in hostage and that's while all the world (is countries you will be attempting to make trade deals with in the future) will be watching. Seriously mate that's one he'll of bad decision

NinjaFletch

Has anyone got an estimate of what the swing would have like if more youth had voted? 43% or so voted, compared to an turnout of 80%+ for the older demographics. Had 80%+ of younger generations voted, would it have been a confident yes vote?
Source on the 43% claim? I think you've misread what this article said:

It is a matter of fact that the older you are, the more likely you are to make the effort to vote - 78% of those 65 or over voted in the 2015 election, compared with 43% of 18-24 year olds and 54% of 25-34 year olds.
Thats the turnout for the 2015 General election.