Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Classical Mechanic

And what exactly does this mean in particular(other than scapegoating the EU preemptively again)?
Scapegoating for what?

It means in blunt terms, that unless we get a favourable deal, we shall take our time enacting Article 50 and you are fecked.

@Cristiano_RAFC

It just means that we are in a better position in this game of brinksmanship that you are seeing played out. I voted remain but now we are out I want to see us get the best deal possible, obviously.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
And in the EU. We can wait until October and the new leader us in power. It is reasonable. How can we expect Cameron to negotiate for something he didn't want?
I actually do get this. It's just the horrific thought of Boris Johnson being PM for even a second. They should have just left his dangling from that wire.

the hea

And in the EU. We can wait until October and the new leader us in power. It is reasonable. How can we expect Cameron to negotiate for something he didn't want?
The EU market without UK is still 6 times bigger than the UK market. Where do you think it's more likely for a company to build it's new factory or distribution center?

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Well the right thing to do would be not to simply waste time until October doing jack, but to have party convention, crown a new PM, a Brexiter, and start immediately.

NinjaFletch

And what exactly does this mean in particular(other than scapegoating the EU preemptively again)?
It means the EU should give us all the trade, and no foreigners, and no bendy bananas (or only bendy bananas, I don't know) and to continue to invest in all the areas like Sunderland, South Wales, and Cornwall that voted to kick them out.

And if they don't... well, erm, they're big meanies and brussels taste like shit and shouldn't be making laws because they're a vegetable or something. And we voted not to be ruled by unelected vegetables.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
But they can avoid all the trouble by just agreeing to pay for the access to the free market, I underestimated the fact that some people would take that as a punishment.

Don't say that, I still want to see you prosper.
Don't worry. After a few years you can take over and England will become a protectorate of France. All sorted then.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It means the EU should give us all the trade, and no foreigners, and no bendy bananas (or only bendy bananas, I don't know) and to continue to invest in all the areas like Sunderland, South Wales, and Cornwall that voted to kick them out.

And if they don't... well, erm, they're big meanies and brussels taste like shit and shouldn't be making laws because they're a vegetable or something. And we voted not to be ruled by unelected vegetables.
If they don't the brits won't activate article 50. The uk will remain in the eu,the leavers will be ignored and immigrants will keep flowing in. That will serve them right

Classical Mechanic

The EU market without UK is still 6 times bigger than the UK market. Where do you think it's more likely for a company to build it's new factory or distribution center?
It depends on what deal the UK can strike with the EU. Aston Martin, for example, still want to open a new factory in Wales so long as Britain can get a good deal.

Well the right thing to do would be not to simply waste time until October doing jack, but to have party convention, crown a new PM, a Brexiter, and start immediately.
The EU can't do business until we enact, we choose when we enact as per EU rules. That is the ace and why EU leaders are trying to pressure us to enact Article 50

Now you are just being daft. What do you want us to do now, roll over and die?

the hea

It depends on what deal the UK can strike with the EU. Aston Martin, for example, still want to open a new factory in Wales so long as Britain can get a good deal.
But to strike any deal you need to enact article 50, and while you wait to do that there is a market 6 times the size of the UK market all open to the company's, whatever deal you make with the EU and whenever you make it. The uncertainty of what will happen could force company's to abolish their plans to invest in the UK and look elsewhere in the EU instead and the longer you wait the more likely it will get.

Classical Mechanic

But to strike any deal you need to enact article 50, and while you wait to do that there is a market 6 times the size of the UK market all open to the company's, whatever deal you make with the EU and whenever you make it. The uncertainty of what will happen could force company's to abolish their plans to invest in the UK and look elsewhere in the EU instead and the longer you wait the more likely it will get.
Maybe I don't know. These negotiations have to be based on long term considerations I think, unfortunately.

@NinjaFletch

Look for yourself. Which side seems concerned over article 50.

C'est Moi Cantona

Everything your saying is in direct contradiction of what is literally happening.

It's one thing believing that the doom and gloom is being over-stated its one thing saying that Germany will 'want it to be amicable'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36626409

I think they were saying that as you were writing your post... :lol:

Fair enough, but Germany seem to be taking a softer tone than the rest, time will tell, but I'll hope for the best and expect the worst I suppose.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Come on. Really this is just too stupid to go through with. A bunch of p*ssed off thick-as-pig-sh*t little Englanders decide to completely bite off the hand that feeds them and we all have to go along with it? At the expense of everyone?

Give this referendum the dirty arse treatment and let's just do the right thing. Stay in.
I would love the Government to just ignore it but am not sure how they go about it?

Am sure some slimy legal bigwigs are considering every path available right now!

Last edited:

Fully Fledged

Nope they expect you to stick to the decisions you made. Reputation is all you got at this point. You want to ruin that too?
Which decission?
£350 Million going to the NHS?
Boarders closed?
No more payments to the EU?
Since when have politicians kept their electoral promises?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The thinking that delaying the enactment of Article 50 does more harm to the EU and therefore can be used as a bargaining chip is Naive at best.
Invoking Article 50 is just the start of negotiations. All major investment in the economy will be on hold until negotiations are concluded.
And it's the EU that should be worried. :houllier: