Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, it is real democratic - for the powerhouses that is. Germany and France always gets their will when it comes to EU matters, the small countries have no sway whatsoever.

That is why I find it funny when people lambast the Norwegian deal for not giving us influence on things within the EU, yeah, like we would have any say as a member :lol:
You really don't understand how it works. Every state has a say mate.

Fully Fledged

Hence why I'm bloody furious. You could have been leaders in the EU. Now you will be reduced to mere spectators
Exactly. All the cost with none of the voting rights.
My biggest concern is as an employee outside the EU. Longer hours, less job security and smaller redundancy payments.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I think they are saying that you lied to your voters on every single issue.
You said this campaign was about controlling immigration but now you admit that you want to stay in the Common Market which will require freedom of movement. You said that £350 million a week would be given to the NHS and now it's been admitted that that was a mistake(downright lie).
And people are still saying that remainers need to calm down and just accept it because the country has made their decision. Only the idiots that couldn't see all of this coming made this decision.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
My biggest concern is as an employee outside the EU. Longer hours, less job security and smaller redundancy payments.
Same. The thought of Boris managing Britain is terrifying

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah, it is real democratic - for the powerhouses that is. Germany and France always gets their will when it comes to EU matters, the small countries have no sway whatsoever. The whole union is tailored for Germanys big export industry and Frances big farming industry.

A common monetary policy that solves the problem Germany had with their currency and inflation going up, thus leaving their products more expensive for others to buy and import, which left them with problems.

A huge subsidiary solution for Frances enormous agricultural industry.

The difference in power that the individual nations in the EU has is why I find it funny when people lambast the Norwegian deal for not giving us influence on things within the EU, yeah, like we would have any say as a member :lol:
Funny how Norwegian's seem to always look at the EU very negatively, and with a very misguided thought process and factually incorrect statements behind their arguments.

Almost as if they don't have a notion because they're not involved in it.

P.S: Not every country is as filthy rich as you and can afford the payments you can

devilish

They'll screw us too as I imagine they'll be extremely stubborn to compromise with (who blames them tbf). So yeah. Great, I wonder where all this magical money is going to come from? Oh yes, taxes. Wonderful. Can't wait for all of our services to get fecked yet further.

But don't worry, we have that 350 million a day cash flow coming in.... right.... :wenger:
I honestly hope that Boris will show some maturity by going to Brussels, negotiate something (free hairspray?) And return to London to trigger a second referendum.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Oh, so Germany and France doesn't have more of a say than smaller countries with the qualified majority voting system which is directly population dependant?

Makes sense.

Classical Mechanic

Thought it was notable yesterday that after Juncker told the UK to get on with it, the journos assembled from the various other EU countries applauded it. They aren't in the mood for kindness, certainly.
As per @Gambit 's quote, the EU is on ice until we enact Article 50, we have no time limit on when we have to do this. All we are seeing yesterday and today is the desperation of the EU. We are in the driving seat.

Silva

Oh, so Germany and France doesn't have more of a say than smaller countries with the qualified majority voting system which is directly population dependant?

Makes sense.
Everyone gets a veto to level the playing field. It also makes sense that the higher populations, who put more money in the pot, have a higher presence in the parliament. Like the capital city is almost every country has more representation than any given rural area.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
They'll screw us too as I imagine they'll be extremely stubborn to compromise with (who blames them tbf). So yeah. Great, I wonder where all this magical money is going to come from? Oh yes, taxes. Wonderful. Can't wait for all of our services to get fecked yet further.

But don't worry, we have that 350 million a day cash flow coming in.... right.... :wenger:
Don't worry we have power and control!

Just try not to think about who we've handed it too for likely decades...

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
As per @Gambit 's quote, the EU is on ice until we enact Article 50, we have no time limit on when we have to do this. All we are seeing yesterday and today is the desperation of the EU. We are in the driving seat.
If what we are driving is a clapped out Cortina with a dodgy suspension and an increasingly leaky oil pipe.

Massive Spanner

This might somewhat be true, but it's going to become apparent (if it isn't already) to everyone soon that the UK needs the EU far more than the EU needs the UK, and if the UK actually wants trade agreements etc. with the EU then they are going to have to make compromises and respect the EU, because the EU have already made it very clear they won't bend over for the UK.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
At least now you can vote for the people who govern you.

Strange, because that's exactly what the EU has been heading for for years. Work harder, earn less, have less security, watch your pension shrink, pay more for housing, health care and education.

If your own government is doing worse in that respect than the EU, you should be happy you can vote them out. You can't do that with the EU, you can only vote yourself out.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Everyone gets a veto to level the playing field. It also makes sense that the higher populations, who put more money in the pot, have a higher presence in the parliament. Like the capital city is almost every country has more representation than any given rural area.
Of course, weighting votes for population is the only way to do it. But this is the core of why I dont like the EU; Finland should be free to vote and decide for themselves what is best for Finland, Denmark should also be able to, Austria should be able to etc.

What the majority and economic powers and big players of the EU want isn't always right for everybody.

Classical Mechanic

If what we are driving is a clapped out Cortina with a dodgy suspension and an increasingly leaky oil pipe.
The EU is frozen until we enact Article 50, they can't negotiate any trade deals until we are gone, the twist is that due to their legislation we decide when we go!

They are desperate hence all the calls for us to enact and one of the EU leaders saying 'we are looking for another way to kick Britain out'.

We just need to take our time as nicely as possible and say we will play nice if they do. Mutual interests. The EU is on the ropes as it is. They have just lost one of two net contributors to the Union. Germany is now left propping up the whole of Europe. Portugal is in a terrible economic state, whilst Spain and Italy still pose a risk of becoming the next Greece,

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I suspect there will be a large number of politicians from EU countries who have every intention of sticking two fingers up to the UK after this, and who will have no issues whatsoever with delivering slaps wherever possible. Not only have we just turned our backs on them, but Brexit is also likely to hurt the EU and by definition the countries that make up the EU. If France, Spain or Germany had just done something to hurt the UK economy, does anyone have any doubts our politicians would be happy to stick it to them wherever possible?

People seem to have some bizarre vision of the world where people from other countries have some secret love for the British. If you want to know how the Europeans are going to act on any Britain related matter, just swap the country names around and think abaout how YOU would react.
Don't blame them hating us, we are amazingly arrogant. Some are still living under the impression that we still have a empire, harping on about Nelson and Wellington, we won the war. We can't seem to move on and realise times have changed, the world has changed. We are a part of that world, not the centre of it.

devilish

Don't you think that this instability wouldn't hit Britain too?

the hea

What do you think company's thinking about investing in the UK will do now? The longer you wait the more company's will look elsewhere to make their investments. No one benefits from the uncertainty about what will happen next.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
What happens to ukip now? They achieved their single issue.
Basically see this that Ubik posted earlier:

They've got their independence but with the immigration issue still not being dealt with they'll go from strength to strength taking votes - particularly in Labour constituencies up North whose MPs had been for Remain but whose constituents voted Leave in numbers.

My home town as well as place I am currently in had MPs who were for Remain but constituents voted for Leave. Margin between Labour and UKIP is quite big in both but they'll close the gap.

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/orderedseats.html

Rotherham, Heywood and Middleton, Hartlepool to name a few who could go purple. And then there's the constituencies where Labour and Conservatives are close. With UKIP eating into Labour votes moreso than Conservative ones, those areas will go blue.

Massive Spanner

Of course, weighting votes for population is the only way to do it. But this is the core of why I dont like the EU; Finland should be free to vote and decide for themselves what is best for Finland, Denmark should also be able to, Austria should be able to etc.

What the majority and economic powers and big players of the EU want isn't always right for everybody.
I'm sorry, are you saying they aren't free to do that? You're making it sound like the EU rules over the Governments of all of these countries and dictates every aspect of their lives.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
They are all free to vote. Nobody forced them into the EU. They are in it, because it is to their advantage. If the EU wasn't an overall success story, it would never have reached its current size.

The majority powers don't have their way at their leisure as you are trying to paint it. It's always about finding compromises to get the best possible solution for everyone.
If a country like Finland wants to take a "Finland first, no compromises, screw the others" stance, then indeed, going out would be the way for them. Since they didn't win the ressource lottery like your country did, they are better off with their EU membership.

Classical Mechanic

Don't you think that this instability wouldn't hit Britain too?
Our economy is relatively strong. The EU is a castle made on sand.

What do you think company's thinking about investing in the UK will do now? The longer you wait the more company's will look elsewhere to make their investments. No one benefits from the uncertainty about what will happen next.
Most companies official lines have been to proceed with caution and seem to be waiting how the land lies.

You are right of course. My point is that our negotiating position is stronger than people seem to realise.

devilish

Also imagine how if by next election article 50 isn't invoked. People may change their minds and vote labour or worse they may be pissued off and vote Ukip. Either way the tories will be remembered as bottlers

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I'm sorry, are you saying they aren't free to do that? You're making it sound like the EU rules over the Governments of all of these countries and dictates every aspect of their lives.
This is what annoys me. We have our own laws, we have a government who runs our country well or badly. Most things the EU does would pass us by and would be unnoticed if the Daily Mail and Express didn't get their knickers in a twist over every slightest thing. Most of the things are insignificant, but the papers as usual turn them into big events.

Cristiano_RAFC

The EU is frozen until Wednesday enact Article 50, they can't negotiate any trade deals until we are gone, the twist is that due to their legislation we decide when we go!

They are desperate hence all the calls for us to enact and one of the EU leaders saying 'we are looking for another way to kick Britain out'.
Neither can the UK negotiate anything while there's so much uncertainty about the future. What business will invest in the UK today when they have no idea what they can expect regarding legislation in trading? You may be in the drivers' seat because it's the UK that have to enact article 50, but your driving towards a brick wall right now and the longer you wait to take a turn on that wheel, the more likely it is you will crash.

It's not in the UK's interest to have an unstable economic climate.

Classical Mechanic

Also imagine how if by next election article 50 isn't invoked. People may change their minds and vote labour or worse they may be pissued off and vote Ukip. Either way the tories will be remembered as bottlers
Which side seems more concerned about article 50? UK voters want to see us get the best deal of course. Article 50 is our ace.

@Cristiano_RAFC

All the UK needs is for the EU to be reasonable and realistic. Then everyone is happy.

devilish

Economies rely on stability and the country's integrity. Also I wouldn't be so sure about Britain's economy strength. Your economy growth is lower than that of poland

devilish

Which side seems more concerned about article 50? UK voters want to see us get the best deal of course. Article 50 is our ace.
The eu wants you to activate to stabilise the region. I thought that the European was a burden for you. Why you are hesitating now?

NinjaFletch

Genuine question, is the manner in which Vote Leave conducted their campaign grounds for an electoral challenge?

I know lying for votes is the politicians raison d'être but theres something deeply unsettling about a campaign that knowingly, purposefully and repeatedly misled the electorate on every issue to win votes.

devilish

All the UK needs is for the EU to be reasonable and realistic. Then everyone is happy.
And they will be reasonable. You chose to leave. Please close the door behind. Seriously do you think anyone will take you seriously if you hesitate to activate the same clause you voted to activate?

Cristiano_RAFC

You don't think that being in the EU has anything to do with that? That's very arrogant. A lot of the business in the UK is also from investors from abroad. With the promise of open market with the rest of the EU gone, there's a lot less incentive to keep their business in the UK. That decreases the strength the strength of your strong economy.