Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Traub

The EU needs us to feck off as soon as possible, until we do we have dominion over them. They can't force us to invoke article 50 because if they did, it would have to be written into EU law meaning we can either Veto it or we can help them enforce it which would mean any member state would have an immediate way out in any referendum removing the power from Brussels to force any state to stay in just because they use the Euro.
Not really. As many have mentioned, this split is really really bad economically for BOTH parties. How many businesses and people etc. want to invest in the EU or in the UK while there is such uncertainty? Both unions will suffer from this uncertainty, and saying whether EU or UK will suffer more is a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. The sooner this is sorted, the better.

Fully Fledged

Every single eligible individual in this country had the opportunity to vote on Thursday.

The monarchy shouldn't even be mentioned in this conversation as they are virtually irrelevant from a decision making point of view.

The House of Lords wanted to remain but despite this the country is leaving the EU. The people voted against them. So again not relevant.

The media are influential, but from my experience have been very pro remain.

Rightly or wrongly the majority of the people in this country have voted to leave.
We are leaving the EU despite the objections of pretty every senior politician in the country. Surely that is the very definition of a democratic society?
It's the definition of Anarchy.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
There's a lot of drama hipsters here and all over Facebook. The amount of people on my feed who don't have a clue about politics or economics suddenly becoming social warriors is amazing. Sure we've all seen it.

People yesterday were downplaying the recovery of the market and downplaying any possible deal that might approach the status quo.

We've already seen Leave campaigners downplay the delivery now. People need to understand what gets said to win an election/vote is not what politicians actually do when theyve won. Our boys will bend over to any demands from the EU and the EU member states will limit damage not 'punish'
You are right about the punishment, that's a stupid idea to suggest that the EU will punish the UK, my concern is that the EU officials are sharks and they will try to fleece the UK, that's what they do, the UK had the benefit of being a member and wasn't on the wrong side of the table, now it's different.

BBC: Brexit referendum: EU ministers press UK for quick exit

NinjaFletch

This is bollocks, Germany, who lets face it are the main men will want an amicable agreement, their economy relies heavily on ours also, as do many others, it is also in everyone's interests to come up with a proper agreement over EU workers who are living here, and vise versa, they will try and kick us, but it can't be too hard.

We have to start putting a more positive spin on things, or the backhole of despair will consume us.
Everything your saying is in direct contradiction of what is literally happening.

It's one thing believing that the doom and gloom is being over-stated its one thing saying that Germany will 'want it to be amicable'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36626409

I think they were saying that as you were writing your post... :lol:

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
I understand the EU being upset and not wanting to make leaving easy, but if they push too hard in trying to punish the UK doesn't it make them look like exactly what the leavers said they were?

Doesn't it make them look bad for not respecting the will of the people? A vote was held in the UK, even though the EU (and myself) think it was the wrong decision, shouldn't their be some respect for a nation and it's people being able to make a choice for itself?

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
You are right about the punishment, that's a stupid idea to suggest that the EU will punish the UK, my concern is that the EU officials are sharks and they will try to fleece the UK, that's what they do, the UK had the benefit of being a member and wasn't on the wrong side of the table, now it's different.
This is essentially the same thing. This is what we have been saying for months. But only now you're concerned about it? This is exactly what we said would happen a week ago.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I understand the EU being upset and not wanting to make leaving easy, but if they push too hard in trying to punish the UK doesn't it make them look like exactly what the leavers said they were?

Doesn't it make them look bad for not respecting the will of the people? A vote was held in the UK, even though the EU (and myself) think it was the wrong decision, shouldn't their be some respect for a nation and it's people being able to make a choice for itself?
I don't get you? The UK voted to leave so the EU are getting them to leave. How's that not letting them make a choice?

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover

The EU doesn't particularly like democracy, let alone local and national democracy. In total they dont have a lot of time for national states as a whole, their ideal scenario would be one united European superstate.

They would much rather that legislations and choices are made by one of their four gazillion not democratically elected faceless bureacrats. And then being forced upon the member states without said population or politicians in those states having any say in it.

JPRouve

Scout
This is essentially the same thing. This is what we have been saying for months. But only now you're concerned about it? This is exactly what we said would happen a week ago.
It's not the same thing, the EU are going to negotiate for themselves that's not a punishment. I don't think that the EU are going to go out of their way just to punish the UK, they are just going to selfishly negotiate the best deals for themselves.

You think that it's a punishment?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

Why would they give a toss what British people think now the UK has just voted to leave? Politicians only generally care about what their voters think.

the hea

Has any British politician said anything about what they will do now? It's starting to look like no one in the UK has a clue about what to do now.

Fully Fledged

I have no respect for the people who made this choice why should the rest of the EU?

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München

Nobody disrespects the decision. The EU simply expects it to executed accordingly. What's the issue?
Of course there isn't an overly big amount of goodwill there at the moment.
The Brexit campaign painted the EU as a dictatory, useless money sink, depriving honest, hard working british people of their freedom and greatfulness. Therefore leaving the EU asap may the way to rapture.
So how are they supposed to react 'amicable' ?
Srsly, cognitive dissonance can be amazing at times.

Smores

That depends what you mean by them fleecing us?

What they won't do is significantly damage our economy as it serves no one. This isn't just a discussion between the EU and the UK, it affects global markets and companies and pressures will be applied.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Has any British politician said anything about what they will do now? It's starting to look like no one in the UK has a clue about what to do now.
Now is apparently the time to think up a plan according to Farage. I mean seriously we should have had this worked out before.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
It's not the same thing, the EU are going to negotiate for themselves that's not a punishment. I don't think that the EU are going to go out of their way just to punish the UK, they are just going to selfishly negotiate the best deal for themselves.

You think that it's a punishment?
It's all well and good changing your narrative now, a week ago it was 'we're an amazing country, everyone wants to do business with us, 5th largest economy 'la, we won't have to agree concessions at all. No tariffs, no free movement. They need us more than we need them 'guv.'

Now you're worried about what we've spent the last few months telling you? That we need them more than they need us and they will get the most they can out of the deal fleecing us? It's a shame more people didn't think of this in advance.

And yes part of the reason they will be hard with concessions is to set an example. That's a form of punishment. Getting the best out of the deal is simply common sense, something that a lot of leavers continually dismissed as 'scaremongering'.

Dobba

I think she's right to remain quiet.
Why? She didn't think twice about talking about the Scottish referendum before and after the result.

The country has voted to completely change its political landscape, the PM is leaving his post, his party is in turmoil and some Labour MPs want Corbyn gone. What is she for if not times like this?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think the E U will put enormous pressure on Cameron and he will quit earlier than expected.
He has nothing to lose. He and the people in his party that wanted this, aren't exactly best of friends at the moment.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
There's a lot of drama hipsters here and all over Facebook. The amount of people on my feed who don't have a clue about politics or economics suddenly becoming social warriors is amazing. Sure we've all seen it.

People yesterday were downplaying the recovery of the market and downplaying any possible deal that might approach the status quo.

We've already seen Leave campaigners downplay the delivery now. People need to understand what gets said to win an election/vote is not what politicians actually do when theyve won. Our boys will bend over to any demands from the EU and the EU member states will limit damage not 'punish'
If the EU wants to survive mid to long term then surely leaving it must have severe negative consequences for England?! Otherwise the remaining nations would contemplate leaving at every little roadblock, especially if the coincide with upcoming elections since it's a great topic to play on people's fears and prejudices.

Minimalist

Seems like the first thing the 'leave' mob did once the result was confirmed, was to say "we don't have to do anything right away!"

Almost as if they don't have a clue what they're doing/talking about.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Why? She didn't think twice about talking about the Scottish referendum before and after the result.

The country has voted to completely change its political landscape, the PM is leaving his post, his party is in turmoil and some Labour MPs want Corbyn gone. What is she for if not times like this?
Stamps.

Fully Fledged

Who? Whose in charge to do anything? Cameron's resignation has left a hole that needs to be filled quickly. Waiting until October to elect a new leader at a time like this will just throw the country into turmoil.

JPRouve

Scout
That depends what you mean by them fleecing us?

What they won't do is significantly damage our economy as it serves no one. This isn't just a discussion between the EU and the UK, it affects global markets and companies and pressures will be applied.
By fleecing, I mean that the EU will have a more selfish approach to negotiation. Fleecing is the bad word.

JPRouve

Scout
It's all well and good changing your narrative now, a week ago it was 'we're an amazing country, everyone wants to do business with us, 5th largest economy 'la, we won't have to agree concessions at all. No tariffs, no free movement. They need us more than we need them 'guv.'

Now you're worried about what we've spent the last few months telling you? That we need them more than they need us and they will get the most they can out of the deal fleecing us? It's a shame more people didn't think of this in advance.

And yes part of the reason they will be hard with concessions is to set an example. That's a form of punishment. Getting the best out of the deal is simply common sense, something that a lot of leavers continually dismissed as 'scaremongering'.
I admitted that I was completely wrong.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

She really is a useless old bag.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

I really don't know what she can say that will make things better. Her kingdom is disappearing, Scotland is definitely gone, Ireland is only going to get worse, Gibraltar overwhelmingly wants to remain EU.
What's she supposed to say?

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
That's a form of punishment. Getting the best out of the deal is simply common sense, something that a lot of leavers continually dismissed as 'scaremongering'.
Only from a Brexiteer perspective. From an EU perspective it is about sticking to the terms that have been set up for everyone. The EU is a club, and gaining access to its benefits is tied to terms. It is that simple.
Now the Brexiteers don't like the terms and want the benefits nonetheless. If the EU refuses, they cry *punishment* like a 5 year old.

Traub

The EU has the responsibility to get the best deal for its member states and citizens. Now the truth is, the best deal for their members may be to have an open trade relationship with the UK. At the same time, they may view the best deal is to grab the UK by the balls and not hold back - after all, if the UK can't negotiate a deal with the EU, they may well and truly be fecked (although the EU may be as well). I'm of the opinion that there are enough smart people to try negotiate the best deal for both.

These negotiations will take two years minimum probably. I view this push as just to start the negotiations as the longer it's uncertain, the worse it is for everyone.

Minimalist

All this talk of 'punishment'.

Almost as if the EU and it's members don't have their own (entitled) agenda to pursue. Kind of sums up the arrogance of little Englanders.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Britain has chosen to leave. Why would the Eu care about what British citizens think at that point? The EU will put their interests first especially at a time of a possible recession spurred by the British and in which we had no say about. If the EU doesn't put the EU citizens interest first no one will

the hea

Now is apparently the time to think up a plan according to Farage. I mean seriously we should have had this worked out before.
Seems like the first thing the 'leave' mob did once the result was confirmed, was to say "we don't have to do anything right away!"

Almost as if they don't have a clue what they're doing/talking about.
So am I right in thinking that the people of Britain made probably the biggest decision of their lives without any plan or any thought of the consequences?

Drifter

American
Those from Brexit haven't a clue what to do next.Why they wrote a letter to Cameron asking him to continue.