Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kostur

海尔的老板
A Polish guy wanting that is one of the weirdest thing I have seen in my life. Weirder than believing in lizard conspiracy.
Yeah, having your opinion is pretty stupid thing to do in the XXI century I know. Mind you, if there was a Polexit I guess we'd be out as well.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Good performance by the head of the Bank of England, he's actually managing to resist the urge to run screaming across the room and jump out of the nearest window..

Hammerfell

Good performance by the head of the Bank of England, he's actually managing to resist the urge to run screaming across the room and jump out of the nearest window..
He's doing better than I am so far.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Given that the UK is a larger economy than 5 of their 10 largest trading partners, why wouldn't they care about doing business?
They will care about doing business. They will just use their leverage on you now that you aren't part of their 2nd largest trade partner naymore to skew the terms to their liking, not yours.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Older people have voted for a future young people don't want.
This is the most feck up part. Baby boomers about to kick the bucket have fecked us.
They are a selfish bunch, in France they did the same thing regarding pensions. They think that their present worth more than their grandchildren future.

PS: I think that the UK will be alright though.

Revan

Assumptionman
Yeah, having your opinion is pretty stupid thing to do in the XXI century I know. Mind you, if there was a Polexit I guess we'd be out as well.
I guess you have forgotten 'how well' you were before you joined the EU. You know like in eighties and nineties when people from even shitty countries like Yugoslavia were able to feck an entire village with a single monthly wage.

I know that the right wing feelings are getting stronger in many countries including Poland (Hungary too), but all these countries have prospered more since joining the EU than in 100 years combined before that.

Classical Mechanic

They will care about doing business. They will just use their leverage on you now that you aren't part of their 2nd largest trade partner naymore to skew the terms to their liking, not yours.
The thing is that the EU time and time again makes decision, laws and deals that we don't like or want. You know that control is more valuable than you realise.

JPRouve

Scout
May I ask you why? Because you receive almost twice as much money as you put in.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This is madness. How did we end up here?

If it keeps going like this we'll be in recession soon. Where's the money for public services going to come from when the country is bleeding money out??

Taxes will go up, the rich will run off like they always do, and it will be normal working people who have to cough up. As always. Why have we done this to ourselves?

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
You guys are harping on like this is the end of the world.

1: You will get your own trade agreement with the rest of Europe, like Norway and Switzerland
2: You will regain control over your own borders
3: Your legislation are no longer to be decided by faceless bureaucrats in Brussel

Let me give you an example, I see that Cameron has been using Norway as a "horror example" of what happens when you stay outside the EU, well guess what? The opposition against the EU in Norway is at a record 70%. One would believe if it was such a endless horror to be outside the EU there would be less people opposed to it in Norway. Same goes for Switzerland.

And it isn't exactly like Norway and Switzerlands economy are down the shitter, now is it?

Edit: And I also see people harping on about security, and Russia invading etc. Are you guys for real? Did you vote to leave NATO at the same time?

Wow, the remain campaign has really done a job on you guys.

Sinn Fein says "British government has forfeited any mandate to represent economic or political interests of people in N Ireland"

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
The thing is that the EU time and time again makes decision, laws and deals that we don't like or want. You know that control is more valuable than you realise.
Control without power isn't worth much.
You should also know, that all decisions made by the EU aren't made in Brussels, but in London, Paris, Berlin and other capitals.
But yeah, I see what years of *blame EU(the most convenient method of covering up your own failed politics)* have done to the public perception. So, enjoy your supposed freedom from the vile Brussels-Dictatorship...

JPRouve

Scout
This is madness. How did we end up here?

If it keeps going like this we'll be in recession soon. Where's the money for public services going to come from when the country is bleeding money out??

Taxes will go up, the rich will run off like they always do, and it will be normal working people who have to cough up. As always. Why have we done this to ourselves?
You are going to be alright but if you end up in a really situation, the EU will help you.

SirAF

Ageist
Talk of other countries maybe wanting to follow suit, but I reckon the EU will want to make an example of us in negotiations to try and defer others...
Quite rightly so. The UK have made their own bed.

1: You will get your own trade agreement with the rest of Europe, like Norway and Switzerland
3: Your legislation are no longer to be decided by faceless bureaucrats in Brussel

Let me give you an example, I see that Cameron has been using Norway as a "horror example" of what happens when you stay outside the EU, well guess what? The opposition against the EU in Norway is at a record 70%. One would believe if it was such a endless horror to be outside the EU there would be less people opposed to it in Norway. Same goes for Switzerland.

And it isn't exactly like Norway and Switzerlands economy are down the shitter, now is it?
Norway themselves have said that it's a terrible deal for them. All the problems of the EU and no say in how it is run.

Being in the EEA like Norway is not possible, because we cannot now agree to freedom of movement. Simple.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
They are a selfish bunch, in France they did the same thing regarding pensions. They think that their present worth more than their grandchildren future.

PS: I think that the UK will be alright though.
I told you, old people are self entitled cnuts who demand respect and actively screw over the next generation because the good old days were better.

Smores

Norway themselves have said that it's a terrible deal for them. All the problem of the EU and no say.

Being in the EEA like Norway is not possible, because we cannot now agree to freedom of movement. Simple.
Yeah we can, that wasn't voted on at all. This will be what the GE is fought over.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds

The UK voters have just voted Leave because we are sending the EU so much money and to take back our borders so we can decide who comes in. Norway sends the EU £623 million a year AND has to accept freedom of movement of people. Can you remind me why is the 'Norway way' so good for the UK?

JPRouve

Scout
You should also know, that all decisions made by the EU aren't made in Brussels, but in London, Paris, Berlin and other capitals.
But yeah, I see what years of *blame EU(the most convenient method of covering up your own failed politics)* have done to the public perception. So, enjoy your supposed freedom from the vile Brussels-Dictatorship...
Most of the decisions are taken at Strasbourg by elected deputees or at Brussel by the Council of the EU, the fantasy around the EU commission is really sad because people actually believe the lies made by their politicians.

Classical Mechanic

So you are saying countries like Japan, South Korea and Australia have no power because they are not part of a economic union?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Norway themselves have said that it's a terrible deal for them. All the problems of the EU and no say in how it is run.

Agree with this.

After the record turnout last night with lots of people who never vote, coming out to vote to cut immigration, the UK cannot possibly accept free movement. It would make the whole thing redundant.

Manny

Grammar Police

Edit: And I also see people harping on about security, and Russia invading etc. Are you guys for real? Did you vote to leave NATO at the same time?

Just to add to those above responses you've had, England and Norway's economies are not the same.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover

And you think a minnow like Norway would have a say in the legislation in EU if we were a part of it? The only ones saying that the EEA is a terrible deal in Norway is the Pro-EU guys (basically everyone from big finance and our biggest political parties.)

And the weaker and weaker the EU gets, the more flexibillity there will be in this EEA agreement. There are already murmurs in both Norway and Switzerland to re-negotiate.

skidmark

Account closed by request: 23/12/16
Supports
Utd, and NUFC

I've no idea how the economy will turn out, but Norway and Switzerland are not comparable to the UK economy in any way.

For me the really bad thing is going to be the systematic and rapid dismantling of laws that protect UK citizens under a Boris/Gove Tory government.

SirAF

Ageist
Yeah we can, that wasn't voted on at all. This will be what the GE is fought over.
Well, you can. However, wasn't one of the main arguments that the leavers wanted to restrict freedom of movement in order to lessen immigration? Would look pretty silly to agree to free movement after all that.