Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Oh I'm well aware how it comes across for people who can't comprehend that when you are talking about white British in the context of the leave vote you don't mean all white Brits
As a card-carrying leftie, surely you appreciate that there were a lot of white Brits that voted Leave for reasons that have nothing to do with fear/dislike of people with brown skin?

I think there were a hell of a lot of racists and xenophobes in that cohort but you’re probably over-estimating the proportion.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Oh I'm well aware how it comes across for people who can't comprehend that when you are talking about white British in the context of the leave vote you don't mean all white Brits
Just all white leave voters right?

Or is it just some?

Or maybe perhaps having a low opinion of people purely for the colour of their skin isn't the right way forward from anyone and maybe not even the actual driving force behind what happened. Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe the cycle of hate is exactly what the world needs.

EyeInTheSky

As a card-carrying leftie, surely you appreciate that there were a lot of white Brits that voted Leave for reasons that have nothing to do with fear/dislike of people with brown skin?

I think there were a hell of a lot of racists and xenophobes in that cohort but you’re probably over-estimating the proportion.
Not sure there is any point to
Arguing which proportion of the leave voters were racist and which were just thick or both. Sure there’s a pie chart flying about somewhere.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Not sure there is any point to
Arguing which proportion of the leave voters were racist and which were just thick or both. Sure there’s a pie chart flying about somewhere.
Well it’s a thread about Brexit and when someone says it’s all because “white Brits can't handle anyone that doesn't look like them” then I think it’s fair enough to challenge that opinion.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know

No. They are excuses to hide the racism behind

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Just all white leave voters right?

Or is it just some?

Or maybe perhaps having a low opinion of people purely for the colour of their skin isn't the right way forward from anyone and maybe not even the actual driving force behind what happened. Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe the cycle of hate is exactly what the world needs.
I don't have a low opinion because of the colour of their skin. I have a low opinion because of the vote they took

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
This is like one of those horror films where you can see the characters are going outside in the dark instead of staying safe inside and there is nothing you can do about it when they get attacked by zombies and all you can shout, with tears in your eyes, is "They should have stayed inside! They should have stayed inside!"

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
How did we ever survive before the Eu? Sure it's not quite the same but I think we will survive lol.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
How did we ever survive before the Eu? Sure it's not quite the same but I think we will survive lol.
Our political leaders generally survived by sending young men off to fight wars for their benefit against a lot of those European countries. That and colonialism.

I jest...partly, in that we were obviously not in the EU when it was first founded, and were largely doing fine. But the political landscape's now changed, and the EU encompasses a good portion of Europe. Suddenly changing the terms and conditions on which we operate with those countries while expecting the same benefits we had before with additional benefits just for ourselves won't work, and yet is still being proposed as a viable solution.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Our political leaders generally survived by sending young men off to fight wars for their benefit against a lot of those European countries. That and colonialism.

I jest...partly, in that we were obviously not in the EU when it was first founded, and were largely doing fine.
We really weren't. Why do you think we wanted in?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
We really weren't. Why do you think we wanted in?
Fine in the sense that despite our troubles we weren't quite to the extent of absolute chaos. Although obviously, yeah, anyone calling those times the 'good old days' is clearly being delusional.

Skills

Snitch
So they were racist too?
Ethnic minorities can be racist too. I belong to one, and have observed it being quite prevalent first hand. We all have our share of cnuts regardless of skin colour and ethnic background.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Ironically @Mozza, as a fellow Asian, I know family and friends who voted along the same lines as those white racists.

They didn't want more Eastern Europeans coming into the country.
Yes, lots of us know racist leave voters.

buchansleftleg

Can i put in an early request for Frey Bentos pies and luncheon meat.

I can't stand Goblin meat pudding and corned beef, so can we use that to barter for goods once Boris Johnson screws the economy.

I'm also gambling on buying trays of cans of London Grill and burying them in the garden. That way I can fleece Cockneys for them when the financial sector collapses and London just remains a centre for musicals and prostitution.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
That was not my question. I was asking if their vote was racist since they specifically targeted Eastern Europeans with their vote.
Yes? What makes you think that's a question worth asking?