Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simbo

The banks and markets are still acting with almost certainty that some sort of deal will be struck. In the event of a hard brexit, they are at least expecting a transitional period to be agreed, 2 years to prepare.

Smores

There's going to be a lot of those type of excuses to try and hide the leave campaigns errors.

I'm sure a small part of May wants to hand over the reigns to watch them feck it up

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Ireland would need to make up 11bn a year to make up for what the UK puts into the north. Not gonna happen anytime soon

and why the hell would the Irish Republic want to unite with the North.There is a dislike among Southern Irish regards the people of the North. SF might want to try and imagine a romantic notion of a United Ireland but the 6 counties of NI only bring heartache and trouble. I reckon the vast majority of ROI would vote against joining their Northern Neighbours until they show maturity and progression as a society.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
and why the hell would the Irish Republic want to unite with the North.There is a dislike among Southern Irish regards the people of the North. SF might want to try and imagine a romantic notion of a United Ireland but the 6 counties of NI only bring heartache and trouble. I reckon the vast majority of ROI would vote against joining their Northern Neighbours until they show maturity and progression as a society.
I read a study by a Trinity economist and he said that the public would have to pay around 50% more tax to pay for it unless the UK footed the bill. Like I say I can’t see it happening anytime soon

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
would be interesting... Ive always said the SNP should push for a UK wide referendum on scottish independence I think they would walk it (likewise I suspect a EU wide vote on should uk the stay or go would but be anything like to close vote in the UK but around 80 to 90% saying kick us out)

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
I read a study by a Trinity economist and he said that the public would have to pay around 50% more tax to pay for it unless the UK footed the bill. Like I say I can’t see it happening anytime soon
And while I am in the mood - Why have SF not taken their Westminster votes at probably the most crucial time since the formation of teh state.

*won't sit at Westminster
*Won't form government in Stormont
*Opted not to take part in Government talks regards Republic of Ireland.

Anyone who votes for these charlatans need their heads examined. Worst then the DUP for lining their own pockets, doing nothing for their constituents while being populist at every opportunity

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
That used to be enough to get sent to Australia. I'm actually fairly optimistic about it. Even in a no deal I don't think it will be as bad as everyone thinks. There is still a lot of consumers in the UK and ultimately business will find a way to deal with it.
This is what I think as well in my limited knowledge.

Overall I think Brexit will be a negative but it won't be doomsday. This is all based on questions I ask though so can't tell for sure!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Our govt sent Raab all the way to Brussels just to walk out of a meeting and add a video of theatre.
Our friends in the continent, this is what we are dealing with .

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Our govt sent Raab all the way to Brussels just to walk out of a meeting and add a video of theatre.
Our friends in the continent, this is what we are dealing with .
It's quite funny if you actually picture him walking through the door only to walk out seconds later slamming the door shut behind him. Maybe they should take a page out of Raiola's book and throw a chair, if it works for him I'm sure it can work for Raab.

Or he can do an LVG and get his balls out, why the hell not at this point?

Adisa

It's incredible how Boris and Davies say they know nothing about the backstop that was agreed on, while they were in office.

Adisa

They won't have a choice if they fail to get the Brexit plan through the Commons. It would be a show of no confidence in the Government.
The Tories will kick May out before she has the chance.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It's incredible how Boris and Davies say they know nothing about the backstop that was agreed on, while they were in office.
Especially since if rumours are to believed it was the UK who actually proposed the backstop rather than the EU

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The Tories will kick May out before she has the chance.
Doesnt matter who is the PM - whoever it is still needs support of the commons to pass the Brexit bill - May or no May if they don't get the votes the Government falls and we get a general election. This is not a leadership question, it is a question of whether the brexit deal that is brokered is going to get the votes and at the moment it doesn't appear likely.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
It's quite funny if you actually picture him walking through the door only to walk out seconds later slamming the door shut behind him. Maybe they should take a page out of Raiola's book and throw a chair, if it works for him I'm sure it can work for Raab.

Or he can do an LVG and get his balls out, why the hell not at this point?
I suspect they sat down had a cuppa (tea for team uk and coffee for europe)... then tried to work out how long they should stay there before walking out to set up the charade that May has played a blinder and negotiated a last minute deal snatching victory from the jaws of defeat (or vice versa depending on your pov)

Adisa

Doesnt matter who is the PM - whoever it is still needs support of the commons to pass the Brexit bill - May or no May if they don't get the votes the Government falls and we get a general election.
Don't think we have time for that. There's nothing to suggest the EU would extend talks.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Don't think we have time for that. There's nothing to suggest the EU would extend talks.
The EU won't extend talks and even if there was a general election what would that do, even if Labour got in, their position is equally as stupid as the Tories.

Listening to them at this moment, they are two days away from the summit and they are still arguing about the same things over and over again.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Scotland has an easy out on this shite, but everyone over the age of 55 in the country are too stubborn to do it.

Adisa

The EU won't extend talks and even if there was a general election what would that do, even if Labour got in, their position is equally as stupid as the Tories.

Listening to them at this moment, they are two days away from the summit and they are still arguing about the same things over and over again.
Labour's current position is stupid but I think it would be far much easier for Labour's position to Shift and deliver a Norway style deal.

Last edited:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Scotland has an easy out on this shite, but everyone over the age of 55 in the country are too stubborn to do it.
not really - an independent Scotland is also out of the EU isn't it... pretty sure the EU confirmed that before and Spain with the catalan issue would almost certainly veto transfering UK membership over to an indy scotland.
It would certainly throw up plenty of boarder issues though

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'

MoskvaRed

not really - an independent Scotland is also out of the EU isn't it... pretty sure the EU confirmed that before and Spain with the catalan issue would almost certainly veto transfering UK membership over to an indy scotland.
It would certainly throw up plenty of boarder issues though
It would be very harsh to veto Scotland in these circumstances. It’s very different to 2014 where Scotland was voting on secession from an EU member state.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Labour's current position is stupid but I think it would be far much easier for Labour's position to Shift and deliver a Norway style deal.
But even if that happened, Norway is still not in the customs union, So it still doesn't solve the Irish border. Then it has to get through parliament.

Also what happens to what has been agreed up to now by the Tories. The EU have said they are not going to have endless discussions about Brexit.

This also wouldn't stop the continuous bickering in parliament. The EU won't wait for ever.

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
actually in order to form a government they have to get the dup votes to do so... therefore it has to be somebody they are ok with and given their stance on brexit I dont know if Javid would be seen by them as acceptable
Johnson Davies or Mogg I think - surely Gove is too smiley for anybody to vote for - actually what am I saying - yeah Gove is clearly in the mix as well
You're thinking too far ahead. The party members will vote for a new party leader first , and they won't give a second's thought to the DUP. How a government is formed or not formed will only come afterwards.

I'm not a Tory or a Gove fan, I've just noticed how he's positioned himself, a known hard Brexiter, but he can say he showed loyalty to the PM to give her a chance.